BEC – Exam Prep - Page 15

Viewing 15 replies - 211 through 225 (of 3,174 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moldoll16
    Participant

one more day of studying for me! My exam is on Thursday. Tomorrow I am for sure re-reviewing governance, since everyone has been saying it was heavily focused on. Although you have to think some of them are test question. Anyone have any other advice for my last day?

FAR 91 AUD 91 BEC 81 REG Oct 2011 is the plan

moldoll16
    Participant

one more day of studying for me! My exam is on Thursday. Tomorrow I am for sure re-reviewing governance, since everyone has been saying it was heavily focused on. Although you have to think some of them are test question. Anyone have any other advice for my last day?

FAR 91 AUD 91 BEC 81 REG Oct 2011 is the plan

wishfulthinking
    Participant

Can anyone tell me how they made it through the HW in Becker's B5??? My goodness, there are hundreds of cost accounting MCQ. I mean…I want to practice MCQ as much as possible before my exam, but I am struggling with these! I currently have jumped over to reviewing all my other chapters and will get back to it this weekend. I think I just need a little motivation – I'm burnt out!!

REG 85 | FAR 85 | AUD 88 | BEC 76!!! DONE!!!!

wishfulthinking
    Participant

Can anyone tell me how they made it through the HW in Becker's B5??? My goodness, there are hundreds of cost accounting MCQ. I mean…I want to practice MCQ as much as possible before my exam, but I am struggling with these! I currently have jumped over to reviewing all my other chapters and will get back to it this weekend. I think I just need a little motivation – I'm burnt out!!

lynn2007
    Participant

@wishfulthinking I thought the same thing because I use Becker too! Believe me…I FREAKED out when I couldn't understand it. What worked best for me was teaching someone else what I was trying to learn. My boyfriend works in IT so he has NO IDEA of the subject matter but he sat there and listened and tried to ask questions. And before I knew it, it all of a sudden made sense!! I went back and worked the multiple choice and did very well on it 🙂 Hope that helps!

You can do it!!! You're half way there already!

FAR - 75! 🙂
    AUD - April 25
    BEC - 71, May 27
    REG - Not scheduled yet

lynn2007
    Participant

@wishfulthinking I thought the same thing because I use Becker too! Believe me…I FREAKED out when I couldn't understand it. What worked best for me was teaching someone else what I was trying to learn. My boyfriend works in IT so he has NO IDEA of the subject matter but he sat there and listened and tried to ask questions. And before I knew it, it all of a sudden made sense!! I went back and worked the multiple choice and did very well on it 🙂 Hope that helps!

You can do it!!! You're half way there already!

FAR - 75! 🙂
    AUD - April 25
    BEC - 71, May 27
    REG - Not scheduled yet

wishfulthinking
    Participant

@lynn2007 – Thanks! I wish my husband would sit there and listen to me try to teach it to him! LOL Maybe he would understand the stress I am under when studying for these! I appreciate the encouragement. I am hoping that after reviewing the book for B5 on the cost accounting will help me and then I can go back and finish those MCQ. I just wish they were broken down into smaller sections instead of being 102 and 141 MCQ to do in one HW!!

How was BEC for you, btw? I see you took it on Jan 31. I am a bit anxious about the written part. I know that it is all about being able to write a good, coherent memo, but it still makes me nervous that there are 3.

wishfulthinking
    Participant

@lynn2007 – Thanks! I wish my husband would sit there and listen to me try to teach it to him! LOL Maybe he would understand the stress I am under when studying for these! I appreciate the encouragement. I am hoping that after reviewing the book for B5 on the cost accounting will help me and then I can go back and finish those MCQ. I just wish they were broken down into smaller sections instead of being 102 and 141 MCQ to do in one HW!!

How was BEC for you, btw? I see you took it on Jan 31. I am a bit anxious about the written part. I know that it is all about being able to write a good, coherent memo, but it still makes me nervous that there are 3.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Moldoll16:

How did your test go? Any pointers?

Hope you did well!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Moldoll16:

How did your test go? Any pointers?

Hope you did well!

jdiiorio
    Participant

hi!!

BEC Tomorrow morning for me. I am kind of nervous I never feel fully prepared going into these exams!! Is there anything I should focus or review tonight? Or any last minute suggestions? Anything I should try to super nail down tonight?

ILLINOIS CANDIDATE
    FAR - Passed
    BEC - Passed
    AUD - Passed

jdiiorio
    Participant

hi!!

BEC Tomorrow morning for me. I am kind of nervous I never feel fully prepared going into these exams!! Is there anything I should focus or review tonight? Or any last minute suggestions? Anything I should try to super nail down tonight?

ILLINOIS CANDIDATE
    FAR - Passed
    BEC - Passed
    AUD - Passed

Anonymous
    Inactive

jdiiorio:

Memorize the formulas!!!

Good luck tomorrow!!!! 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

jdiiorio:

Memorize the formulas!!!

Good luck tomorrow!!!! 🙂

Megan
    Participant

I took BEC yesterday and thought I'd come here to report my experience.

I will preface this by saying that I didn't study near enough the past two times I've taken BEC. The first time I took BEC, I studied half-heartedly, and then the two weeks before, I really slacked off and it showed in my grade. The second time I took it, I didn't really re-study like I should have and thought I could do okay. Yeah right. So, this is really my first go at studying hard for this test.

I'm really glad I saw Allyson post that the test was now adaptive. My first two testlets were of moderate difficulty, and both testlets took me about 30 minutes. I don't usually try to dwell on a question, and I have finished each test I've taken (including all sections–total of 6 before this one) with at least 30 minutes to spare, so this was normal timing for me.

I got to the third testlet and it was much more difficult than the other two. It took me an hour on its own. So by the end of that testlet, I had 57 minutes to finish the written communications.

I am very glad I read these forums prior to taking the test because I would have freaked out seeing a non-BEC written communication question. Two of my written comms were BEC related, but one wasn't. I did the two BEC related ones because I knew I could do well on those, and then saved the non-BEC one for last. I worked until the very last minute and finished it. I wrote a coherent essay, but I'm sure I didn't get the technical aspect right. I just focused on making my case in an organized and concise manner, even if the facts were wrong.

So, this is the first test that I've completed with no time to spare. I hope that doesn't scare any of you, but I've never had to watch my time before, so you may need to be aware.

And the lag time when loading the written communications was nothing. It was maybe 15 seconds for each one, but after that they loaded quickly when switching between them. There is a message before you take the exam that says you may experience some lag time, so the AICPA prepares you for it.

Good luck to everyone!

Edited: Don't discount the corporate governance section, like everyone has said!

BEC 52, 61, 74, 77
    AUD 80
    REG 75
    FAR 50, 60, 70, 74, 83...DONE!!
    ..Texas.. Baby #2 born 4/11/11

Viewing 15 replies - 211 through 225 (of 3,174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.