BEC – Exam Prep - Page 12

Viewing 15 replies - 166 through 180 (of 3,174 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    wannabetxacctnt
    Participant

Hi Lynn2007, thanks for sharing your BEC experience. How long was the lag? how was time management? did you have enough time for all the WC's? I'm sure you'll pass!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Took BEC this morning (2/7). Wow! Was it a doozy. My three WC's were NOT BEC related. I seriously thought I had received FAR questions. I have no idea about the outcome of my exam. Left with 30 minutes to spare. Corp Governance was a doozy, as well. Good luck to those taking this window. Now on to REG.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Took BEC this morning (2/7). Wow! Was it a doozy. My three WC's were NOT BEC related. I seriously thought I had received FAR questions. I have no idea about the outcome of my exam. Left with 30 minutes to spare. Corp Governance was a doozy, as well. Good luck to those taking this window. Now on to REG.

wannabetxacctnt
    Participant

hey CPA candidate,

Thanks for sharing your experience, I'm taking BEC in 5 days and any information about the exam is useful for me! I'm really suprised that the WC was not from BEC, how are we supposed to prepare for it?! what exactly do you mean by corp gov was doozy? that's the one part of the exam I feel the most prepared for…

Were the cost and financial mgmt q's anything like the CRAZY CMA q's in the Wiley book or were they easier?! I'm glad time management wasn't an issue for you. I'm sure you'll pass🙂

Aud 83

Reg 83

BEC 2/12

FAR 4/15

wannabetxacctnt
    Participant

hey CPA candidate,

Thanks for sharing your experience, I'm taking BEC in 5 days and any information about the exam is useful for me! I'm really suprised that the WC was not from BEC, how are we supposed to prepare for it?! what exactly do you mean by corp gov was doozy? that's the one part of the exam I feel the most prepared for…

Were the cost and financial mgmt q's anything like the CRAZY CMA q's in the Wiley book or were they easier?! I'm glad time management wasn't an issue for you. I'm sure you'll pass🙂

Aud 83

Reg 83

BEC 2/12

FAR 4/15

Anonymous
    Inactive

Corp Gov was a doozy….meaning there were questions on things I had never seen/heard before. I felt VERY comfortable with it before the exam. I use Yaeger with Wiley and I even used Gleim questions. I, for sure, made bad on that part of the test. Cost & FM weren't bad, at all (in my opinion).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Corp Gov was a doozy….meaning there were questions on things I had never seen/heard before. I felt VERY comfortable with it before the exam. I use Yaeger with Wiley and I even used Gleim questions. I, for sure, made bad on that part of the test. Cost & FM weren't bad, at all (in my opinion).

wannabetxacctnt
    Participant

Hey CPA candidate,

Perhaps those q's might have been pre test..it's hard to get lots of q's on corp governance to practice with. I have the wiley book and test bank and the q's are limited because this is such a new area:( did you feel like the exam followed the content specification? this is the hardest exam in my opinion because all the topics are unrelated and there is no flow…HATE the CMA and CIA q's in the Wiley book too:( Just don't know what to expect from this exam.

Any last minute preparation advice for me?

Aud 83

Reg 83

BEC 2/12

FAR 4/15

wannabetxacctnt
    Participant

Hey CPA candidate,

Perhaps those q's might have been pre test..it's hard to get lots of q's on corp governance to practice with. I have the wiley book and test bank and the q's are limited because this is such a new area:( did you feel like the exam followed the content specification? this is the hardest exam in my opinion because all the topics are unrelated and there is no flow…HATE the CMA and CIA q's in the Wiley book too:( Just don't know what to expect from this exam.

Any last minute preparation advice for me?

Aud 83

Reg 83

BEC 2/12

FAR 4/15

wishfulthinking
    Participant

Has anyone else struggled through the micro & macro economics review?? I feel like I can get it all, but I really hope it's not heavily tested on the exam. Alot to remember on top of all the other topics for BEC!! Wowzers!!

REG 85 | FAR 85 | AUD 88 | BEC 76!!! DONE!!!!

wishfulthinking
    Participant

Has anyone else struggled through the micro & macro economics review?? I feel like I can get it all, but I really hope it's not heavily tested on the exam. Alot to remember on top of all the other topics for BEC!! Wowzers!!

REG 85 | FAR 85 | AUD 88 | BEC 76!!! DONE!!!!

wannabetxacctnt
    Participant

Hey Wishfulthinking,

Econ is now 16-20% of the exam…I hate to admit it, but I like econ and understand it. As long as you can get the basic supply demand premise down, micro should be easy. I'm struggling with mind boggling IT terms (which are totally irrelevant to acctng imo!) and cramming all the formulas!

Aud 83

Reg 83

BEC 2/12

FAR 4/15

wannabetxacctnt
    Participant

Hey Wishfulthinking,

Econ is now 16-20% of the exam…I hate to admit it, but I like econ and understand it. As long as you can get the basic supply demand premise down, micro should be easy. I'm struggling with mind boggling IT terms (which are totally irrelevant to acctng imo!) and cramming all the formulas!

Aud 83

Reg 83

BEC 2/12

FAR 4/15

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am not an economics fan. The IT stuff is easier for me.

BEC has way more terms and formulas than I anticipated. So many risks… so many strategic plans… so many controls… who created the model for analyzing this and that… theories and graphs…

Let this be over soon.

Still better than FAR any day of the week!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am not an economics fan. The IT stuff is easier for me.

BEC has way more terms and formulas than I anticipated. So many risks… so many strategic plans… so many controls… who created the model for analyzing this and that… theories and graphs…

Let this be over soon.

Still better than FAR any day of the week!!

Viewing 15 replies - 166 through 180 (of 3,174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.