BEC – Exam Prep - Page 211

Viewing 15 replies - 3,151 through 3,165 (of 3,174 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been an absentee father and husband for the last year. Started last August then came tax season and now am in the final leg of the race with BEC. It is not a sprint it is a marathon and as a father of a 14 year old and 12 year old with school, soccer, drama (As in plays not teenage drama), music lessons etc. My wife has had to take the brunt of the family responsibilities because I didn't do this right out of school. If you are young and do not have children yet, put the dating, partying etc on hold or you will regret it later. SOX and IFRS was not an issue when I graduated but I am being tested on it now!!! My books from school are irrelevant!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been an absentee father and husband for the last year. Started last August then came tax season and now am in the final leg of the race with BEC. It is not a sprint it is a marathon and as a father of a 14 year old and 12 year old with school, soccer, drama (As in plays not teenage drama), music lessons etc. My wife has had to take the brunt of the family responsibilities because I didn't do this right out of school. If you are young and do not have children yet, put the dating, partying etc on hold or you will regret it later. SOX and IFRS was not an issue when I graduated but I am being tested on it now!!! My books from school are irrelevant!

LittleMoe

@CPAinKC I study every day at lunch. Brown bag it and shut/lock my office door. Now that it has cooled off, might even venture out to sit in the grass somewhere near the office. Then, I study 2 hours once I get home. On Saturdays, I study for 4 hours in the morning then typically take the rest of the weekend off. If I get some time in on Sunday night, it is a bonus. That will get you easily to 19-20 hours per week. Sometimes I get a little obsessed and put more hours in. But, I am happy as long as I get my regular 19-20ish hours.

AUD 4/12/12 79
    FAR 5/29/12 76
    REG 8/2/12 82
    BEC 8/30/12 72 Retake 10/18/12 76!!! DONE!!!!
    ExamMatrix, Wiley Books, NINJA notes and audio
    LICENSED ALABAMA CPA 11/30/12

LittleMoe

@CPAinKC I study every day at lunch. Brown bag it and shut/lock my office door. Now that it has cooled off, might even venture out to sit in the grass somewhere near the office. Then, I study 2 hours once I get home. On Saturdays, I study for 4 hours in the morning then typically take the rest of the weekend off. If I get some time in on Sunday night, it is a bonus. That will get you easily to 19-20 hours per week. Sometimes I get a little obsessed and put more hours in. But, I am happy as long as I get my regular 19-20ish hours.

AUD 4/12/12 79
    FAR 5/29/12 76
    REG 8/2/12 82
    BEC 8/30/12 72 Retake 10/18/12 76!!! DONE!!!!
    ExamMatrix, Wiley Books, NINJA notes and audio
    LICENSED ALABAMA CPA 11/30/12

iPlop

Hey guys,

First timer here on the forum– Hello!

I've been reviewing Becker materials to take BEC mid October and have run into a bit of a snag on the first two chapters. They're the “Operations Management” and Budgeting//forecasting chapters (things like variance, absorption and variable costing, etc.). I took Cost accounting in college a while ago, and didn't really get much from it. Seems like its coming back to haunt me.

Any one have any suggestions on how to best approach these topics, or how they conquered them themselves? I'm studying full time for this, and have plenty of time, so anything would help– Thanks!!

AUD: 77
    FAR: 76
    BEC: 76
    REG: 81

iPlop

Hey guys,

First timer here on the forum– Hello!

I've been reviewing Becker materials to take BEC mid October and have run into a bit of a snag on the first two chapters. They're the “Operations Management” and Budgeting//forecasting chapters (things like variance, absorption and variable costing, etc.). I took Cost accounting in college a while ago, and didn't really get much from it. Seems like its coming back to haunt me.

Any one have any suggestions on how to best approach these topics, or how they conquered them themselves? I'm studying full time for this, and have plenty of time, so anything would help– Thanks!!

AUD: 77
    FAR: 76
    BEC: 76
    REG: 81

Anonymous
    Inactive

iPlop go over the materials and work a great deal of multiple choice questions. I normally do between 1500 and 2000 multiple choice questions before an exam.. I rushed it with BEC and got a 74 for my impatience. Multiple choice multiple choice multiple choice until you hate multiple choice. That should give you the nuances the exam throws at you. Good luck to us all. Going to Slay the BEC Beastie in October!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

iPlop go over the materials and work a great deal of multiple choice questions. I normally do between 1500 and 2000 multiple choice questions before an exam.. I rushed it with BEC and got a 74 for my impatience. Multiple choice multiple choice multiple choice until you hate multiple choice. That should give you the nuances the exam throws at you. Good luck to us all. Going to Slay the BEC Beastie in October!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

See my profile… I am pissed at the BEC and every time I get tired of studying I look at a picture I created that has just one big 74 on it as a reminder how I felt yesterday when I got my score!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

See my profile… I am pissed at the BEC and every time I get tired of studying I look at a picture I created that has just one big 74 on it as a reminder how I felt yesterday when I got my score!!!

supervisor
    Participant

Took this darn thing twice this year and did worst the second time. I am ready to finish this marathon and put it to rest once and for all!!!

BEC 10/13 PASSED 77
    AUD 04/12 PASSED 83
    FAR 08/12 PASSED 76
    REG 02/13 PASSED 76

Licensed in PA on 12/23/13. Yea boy!!

supervisor
    Participant

Took this darn thing twice this year and did worst the second time. I am ready to finish this marathon and put it to rest once and for all!!!

BEC 10/13 PASSED 77
    AUD 04/12 PASSED 83
    FAR 08/12 PASSED 76
    REG 02/13 PASSED 76

supervisor
    Participant

I agree with everyone about taking this exam asap especially when u don't have any kids. I was studying for this when I was pregnant up through today and my son is turning one in two months. Its been rough especially trying to enjoy the furst three months of motherhood and worrying about the exam. I say now that I wish I would have gotten this done right after school. But eveything happen for a reason and without my son I don't think I would have pushed this hard to get to where I am with this exam today. My motivation: making up lost time to my son. I can't wait til its over!

BEC 10/13 PASSED 77
    AUD 04/12 PASSED 83
    FAR 08/12 PASSED 76
    REG 02/13 PASSED 76

supervisor
    Participant

I agree with everyone about taking this exam asap especially when u don't have any kids. I was studying for this when I was pregnant up through today and my son is turning one in two months. Its been rough especially trying to enjoy the furst three months of motherhood and worrying about the exam. I say now that I wish I would have gotten this done right after school. But eveything happen for a reason and without my son I don't think I would have pushed this hard to get to where I am with this exam today. My motivation: making up lost time to my son. I can't wait til its over!

BEC 10/13 PASSED 77
    AUD 04/12 PASSED 83
    FAR 08/12 PASSED 76
    REG 02/13 PASSED 76

Anonymous
    Inactive

Praying I get my NTS soon so I can schedule my BEC Exam asap.

Viewing 15 replies - 3,151 through 3,165 (of 3,174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.