BEC – Exam Prep - Page 210

Viewing 15 replies - 3,136 through 3,150 (of 3,174 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm using Becker which got me through FAR. I don't know what went wrong with REG because I thought I knew it. Now I just don't want to underestimate BEC. Thanks for the idea of the study planner!

silliepanda

No problem! Good luck! My friend had the same problem with REG, but did fine on BEC. I am sure you will do great.

BEC - TOO MANY FAILS TO LIST! July 2015 I WILL GET IT!
    AUD - AUG 2015- NEVER PASSED!
    FAR - LOST CREDIT
    REG - PASSED

silliepanda

No problem! Good luck! My friend had the same problem with REG, but did fine on BEC. I am sure you will do great.

BEC - TOO MANY FAILS TO LIST! July 2015 I WILL GET IT!
    AUD - AUG 2015- NEVER PASSED!
    FAR - LOST CREDIT
    REG - PASSED

jokami

Well… I just paid NASBA $291.25 for what might be my last test for my CPA license…

I am pumped!!!! Let's kill BEC!!!!!

Who is with me?

B - 62, 70, 72, 79!!!
    A - 68, 81
    R - 70, 82
    F - 84

"The limit to your abilities is where you place them" - Fortune Cookies

jokami

Well… I just paid NASBA $291.25 for what might be my last test for my CPA license…

I am pumped!!!! Let's kill BEC!!!!!

Who is with me?

B - 62, 70, 72, 79!!!
    A - 68, 81
    R - 70, 82
    F - 84

Nicolita1318

@jokami, I am with you! I am pumped too!!

I took the BEC exam on August 31, and I got a 62 on it. 🙁

I am not going to give up! back to the drawing board!

Nicolita1318

@jokami, I am with you! I am pumped too!!

I took the BEC exam on August 31, and I got a 62 on it. 🙁

I am not going to give up! back to the drawing board!

jokami

Yes!!! That's what I want to hear!!!!

B - 62, 70, 72, 79!!!
    A - 68, 81
    R - 70, 82
    F - 84

jokami

Yes!!! That's what I want to hear!!!!

B - 62, 70, 72, 79!!!
    A - 68, 81
    R - 70, 82
    F - 84

LittleMoe

Count me in too!!! Damn 72 last time. You got me once BEC but you won't do it again!!!!

AUD 4/12/12 79
    FAR 5/29/12 76
    REG 8/2/12 82
    BEC 8/30/12 72 Retake 10/18/12 76!!! DONE!!!!
    ExamMatrix, Wiley Books, NINJA notes and audio
    LICENSED ALABAMA CPA 11/30/12

LittleMoe

Count me in too!!! Damn 72 last time. You got me once BEC but you won't do it again!!!!

AUD 4/12/12 79
    FAR 5/29/12 76
    REG 8/2/12 82
    BEC 8/30/12 72 Retake 10/18/12 76!!! DONE!!!!
    ExamMatrix, Wiley Books, NINJA notes and audio
    LICENSED ALABAMA CPA 11/30/12

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you HAVE taken BEC (fail or pass), what would be your best advice? I'm using BECKER, watching the lecture, rereading on my own, and completing the homework.

I felt totally shell shocked on taking REG. There was material on there I have never seen before. I'm hoping this won't be the same for BEC!

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you HAVE taken BEC (fail or pass), what would be your best advice? I'm using BECKER, watching the lecture, rereading on my own, and completing the homework.

I felt totally shell shocked on taking REG. There was material on there I have never seen before. I'm hoping this won't be the same for BEC!

I'm with you jokami. Sending in my remittance and re-application fees tomorrow. I just hope they don't take too long to send me my NTS so I can knock it out at the beginning of the testing window.

Sigh…I was only FOUR off. But I know where my weaknesses were, and honestly, I think the fact that I skipped over the lengthy tons of calculations in Becker really set me back because I struggled a lot when I was given anything on cost accounting on the exam.

This time I am going for 80% on all sections MCQ since I was weak on them before I take the exam.

Bummed because I got my score this Tuesday, while I was out of town on business and studying for AUD. Decided to drop AUD and go back, but don't have my books. Needless to say, I am going full-time this weekend – gotta get my 20 hours in and keep myself accountable.

@CPAKing – I work 40+ and try to maintain a social life, so this balance has been a struggle for me. One thing I have been doing that is a lifesaver is waking up 2 hours earlier than I need to so I can meet my quota without skipping on dinner and spending time with my roommate/boyfriend. I love my sleep, but you have to tell yourself that it is going to be worth it. And if you don't have one, get a coffee maker with a timer – it will save you on those mornings. I also try to get an hour in at lunch when I'm not out on the field but it can be hard because of distractions or having to run errands/pick up something to eat.

You should get the Ninja Planner to keep yourself accountable to make sure you meet at least 20 hrs a week. This is something I really struggle to do. Find your not-so-happy place where you can be pulled from all distractions and settle in there on weekends. If you go early enough, say 7-3, you can get a lot done without ruining your evening.

@chubbs – sounds like a good plan, but make sure you do at least one writing sim. It's important to remember what the examiners are looking for and it will be easy points. I can't really give much advice on the MCQ since I didn't do well in them, but understand COSO and know IT definitions. Also, be ready for a few calculations – I heard from others they aren't heavy in the exam and underestimated them.

B 71 - 79 EXPIRED
    A 69 - 75 EXPIRED
    R 65 - 48 - 45
    F 56 - 61 - 65 - 64

Becker, Wiley Test Bank, Wiley Text and Ninja Notes

"The fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream" -311

Experience - Done, like WAAAY done.
    Still need 30 more credits, in basket weaving (gotta love new CA requirements)

I'm with you jokami. Sending in my remittance and re-application fees tomorrow. I just hope they don't take too long to send me my NTS so I can knock it out at the beginning of the testing window.

Sigh…I was only FOUR off. But I know where my weaknesses were, and honestly, I think the fact that I skipped over the lengthy tons of calculations in Becker really set me back because I struggled a lot when I was given anything on cost accounting on the exam.

This time I am going for 80% on all sections MCQ since I was weak on them before I take the exam.

Bummed because I got my score this Tuesday, while I was out of town on business and studying for AUD. Decided to drop AUD and go back, but don't have my books. Needless to say, I am going full-time this weekend – gotta get my 20 hours in and keep myself accountable.

@CPAKing – I work 40+ and try to maintain a social life, so this balance has been a struggle for me. One thing I have been doing that is a lifesaver is waking up 2 hours earlier than I need to so I can meet my quota without skipping on dinner and spending time with my roommate/boyfriend. I love my sleep, but you have to tell yourself that it is going to be worth it. And if you don't have one, get a coffee maker with a timer – it will save you on those mornings. I also try to get an hour in at lunch when I'm not out on the field but it can be hard because of distractions or having to run errands/pick up something to eat.

You should get the Ninja Planner to keep yourself accountable to make sure you meet at least 20 hrs a week. This is something I really struggle to do. Find your not-so-happy place where you can be pulled from all distractions and settle in there on weekends. If you go early enough, say 7-3, you can get a lot done without ruining your evening.

@chubbs – sounds like a good plan, but make sure you do at least one writing sim. It's important to remember what the examiners are looking for and it will be easy points. I can't really give much advice on the MCQ since I didn't do well in them, but understand COSO and know IT definitions. Also, be ready for a few calculations – I heard from others they aren't heavy in the exam and underestimated them.

B 71 - 79 EXPIRED
    A 69 - 75 EXPIRED
    R 65 - 48 - 45
    F 56 - 61 - 65 - 64

Becker, Wiley Test Bank, Wiley Text and Ninja Notes

"The fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream" -311

Experience - Done, like WAAAY done.
    Still need 30 more credits, in basket weaving (gotta love new CA requirements)

Viewing 15 replies - 3,136 through 3,150 (of 3,174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.