BEC – Exam Prep - Page 208

Viewing 15 replies - 3,106 through 3,120 (of 3,174 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    LSNYC

I just need someplace to vent a little. I'm studying for BEC, this week I didn't get much time in and was planning on having two almost full days this weekend. We have a family obligation for a few hours on Sunday. We got invited to a party tonight (about an hour and a half away) I told my husband I would go but wanted to come home after so I could study all day tomorrow and not end up getting home at 1pm tomorrow and wasting half my day! He wants to stay over. Now I want to stay home, study tonight and tomorrow and forget the party all together. He says he is supportive but I'm feeling let down that this party is such a big deal. Especially since I was willing to go for a little while and come home tonight.

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!
    R - 71, 73, 74, 69, 77!!!!

Finally done!

This is my 2nd attempt at the exam, I had two parts passed (failed many) and I stupidly quit, big mistake. Now I'm back and with a vengeance!

momto5

Just my opinion on how I would feel – I can't do both! If I go to a party on Friday night and stay overnight and waste half of Saturday, I would hate myself and have a terrible time at the Sunday obligation. I would have to opt out of the party and get my studying in so I could enjoy Sunday. I would probably tell my husband that for me it's either party just tonight and come home, or no party at all. And if you are in BEC chapters 2 or 3, they can really slow you down, so you don't want to think you can buzz through them to catch up! Good luck with your decision!

FAR - 92 (4/27/12)
    AUD - 96 (7/17/12)
    BEC - 92 (8/30/12)
    REG - 91 (11/12/12)

momto5

Just my opinion on how I would feel – I can't do both! If I go to a party on Friday night and stay overnight and waste half of Saturday, I would hate myself and have a terrible time at the Sunday obligation. I would have to opt out of the party and get my studying in so I could enjoy Sunday. I would probably tell my husband that for me it's either party just tonight and come home, or no party at all. And if you are in BEC chapters 2 or 3, they can really slow you down, so you don't want to think you can buzz through them to catch up! Good luck with your decision!

FAR - 92 (4/27/12)
    AUD - 96 (7/17/12)
    BEC - 92 (8/30/12)
    REG - 91 (11/12/12)

momto5

I just realized I assumed you were studying with Becker, so the chapter references may not be relevant to you. The cost accounting chapters can take quite awhile to get through with Becker as they have lots of MCQ's that take calculation time.

FAR - 92 (4/27/12)
    AUD - 96 (7/17/12)
    BEC - 92 (8/30/12)
    REG - 91 (11/12/12)

momto5

I just realized I assumed you were studying with Becker, so the chapter references may not be relevant to you. The cost accounting chapters can take quite awhile to get through with Becker as they have lots of MCQ's that take calculation time.

FAR - 92 (4/27/12)
    AUD - 96 (7/17/12)
    BEC - 92 (8/30/12)
    REG - 91 (11/12/12)

silliepanda

Momto5 … I understand what you are saying. I am younger, but that doesn't mean I want it any less.

BEC - TOO MANY FAILS TO LIST! July 2015 I WILL GET IT!
    AUD - AUG 2015- NEVER PASSED!
    FAR - LOST CREDIT
    REG - PASSED

silliepanda

Momto5 … I understand what you are saying. I am younger, but that doesn't mean I want it any less.

FAR - LOST CREDIT
    REG - PASSED

momto5

@silliepanda – I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across like that. Just wanted to encourage you to give it all you've got after your comment “I don't have it in me”. I don't have any reference as to how many exams you have taken or passed, so I'm not sure how close or far away you are from the end. I imagine it is tough to keep motivated. Hopefully reading the experiences of the people on this forum help to motivate you to keep going! You can do it! And how sweet it will be when you reach the end!!!

FAR - 92 (4/27/12)
    AUD - 96 (7/17/12)
    BEC - 92 (8/30/12)
    REG - 91 (11/12/12)

momto5

@silliepanda – I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across like that. Just wanted to encourage you to give it all you've got after your comment “I don't have it in me”. I don't have any reference as to how many exams you have taken or passed, so I'm not sure how close or far away you are from the end. I imagine it is tough to keep motivated. Hopefully reading the experiences of the people on this forum help to motivate you to keep going! You can do it! And how sweet it will be when you reach the end!!!

FAR - 92 (4/27/12)
    AUD - 96 (7/17/12)
    BEC - 92 (8/30/12)
    REG - 91 (11/12/12)

LaCPA

FAR - 63, 76
    REG - 72, 71, Jan 2013
    BEC - 74, 85
    AUD - 77

LaCPA

FAR - 63, 76
    REG - 72, 71, Jan 2013
    BEC - 74, 85
    AUD - 77

LSNYC

@momto5 Thanks! I ended up talking to him again, and he understood, I was home last night and am up and studying already. I feel way better and thanks for listening. Now to hit the books! I am using Becker, & Gleim and think i might downlaod CPAreviewforfree……Waiting on my Audit grade hopefully Monday!

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!

Finally done!

This is my 2nd attempt at the exam, I had two parts passed (failed many) and I stupidly quit, big mistake. Now I'm back and with a vengeance!

LSNYC

@momto5 Thanks! I ended up talking to him again, and he understood, I was home last night and am up and studying already. I feel way better and thanks for listening. Now to hit the books! I am using Becker, & Gleim and think i might downlaod CPAreviewforfree……Waiting on my Audit grade hopefully Monday!

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!

Finally done!

silliepanda

Momto5 .. I understand. I did about 8 hrs yesterday and on about 5th today so I guess I am getting back into it. Just feels when I can't understand concept or after watching a lecture I just feel like “did I really just watch 2 hrs and get nothing from it???” I get discouraged.

FAR - LOST CREDIT
    REG - PASSED

silliepanda

Momto5 .. I understand. I did about 8 hrs yesterday and on about 5th today so I guess I am getting back into it. Just feels when I can't understand concept or after watching a lecture I just feel like “did I really just watch 2 hrs and get nothing from it???” I get discouraged.

FAR - LOST CREDIT
    REG - PASSED

Viewing 15 replies - 3,106 through 3,120 (of 3,174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.