BEC – Exam Prep - Page 3

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 3,174 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moldoll16
    Participant

greaterthan74

yeah the governance is very close to stuff on the auditing exam. Which is nice if you have already studied it. I have been working on chapter one today.

What do you think were your biggest mistakes the first time you took this exam? I am using becker as well, and just starting to dig in after a nice break from studying since my audit exam. I am having a hard time formulating a plan of attack. This just seems so much different structurally from FAR or AUD, very conceptual.

BLA, not looking forward to studying again.

FAR 91 AUD 91 BEC 81 REG Oct 2011 is the plan

moldoll16
    Participant

greaterthan74

yeah the governance is very close to stuff on the auditing exam. Which is nice if you have already studied it. I have been working on chapter one today.

What do you think were your biggest mistakes the first time you took this exam? I am using becker as well, and just starting to dig in after a nice break from studying since my audit exam. I am having a hard time formulating a plan of attack. This just seems so much different structurally from FAR or AUD, very conceptual.

BLA, not looking forward to studying again.

FAR 91 AUD 91 BEC 81 REG Oct 2011 is the plan

Greaterthan74
    Participant

I think it was the amount of study time. I was rushing to get BEC in the first window of the last quarter which only gave me about three weeks of study time between my Auditing exam. This was clearly not enough time. You definately need 5 – 7 weeks in for BEC. I put in about 3 hours during each work day and about 14 hours on the weekend.

Its so hard trying to balance work, family, christmas shopping, and all the other crap on top of studying. My recomendation is to just put the time in and understand exactly what you are reading. The questions will be a easier if you understand the concepts more than the math.

Another method that worked for me in the past is trying to think of yourself as the professor and you have to teach the information in the book. The preparation involved in teaching is always more than just reading chapters for homework.

Hope this information helps.

FAR - April 2011
    REG - Passed
    AUD - Passed
    BEC - Passed

Greaterthan74
    Participant

I think it was the amount of study time. I was rushing to get BEC in the first window of the last quarter which only gave me about three weeks of study time between my Auditing exam. This was clearly not enough time. You definately need 5 – 7 weeks in for BEC. I put in about 3 hours during each work day and about 14 hours on the weekend.

Its so hard trying to balance work, family, christmas shopping, and all the other crap on top of studying. My recomendation is to just put the time in and understand exactly what you are reading. The questions will be a easier if you understand the concepts more than the math.

Another method that worked for me in the past is trying to think of yourself as the professor and you have to teach the information in the book. The preparation involved in teaching is always more than just reading chapters for homework.

Hope this information helps.

FAR - April 2011
    REG - Passed
    AUD - Passed
    BEC - Passed

RRCpa
    Participant

Failed BEC for the 4th time, this time with a 71!! man soo close. Previous three times I used becker then i purchased the yaeger cram and still I cant overcome this beast. Going to attempt it again in 2011, dammit! lol

REG-77, AUD-60,68,70, BEC-70,68,69,71, FAR-62

RRCpa
    Participant

Failed BEC for the 4th time, this time with a 71!! man soo close. Previous three times I used becker then i purchased the yaeger cram and still I cant overcome this beast. Going to attempt it again in 2011, dammit! lol

Greaterthan74
    Participant

I heard from a friend that Jan/Feb tests will only be in one wave because of the new test structure. Meaning scores will be released in March for people who sit for exams in Jan and Feb. Does anyone know if that is true?

FAR - April 2011
    REG - Passed
    AUD - Passed
    BEC - Passed

Greaterthan74
    Participant

I heard from a friend that Jan/Feb tests will only be in one wave because of the new test structure. Meaning scores will be released in March for people who sit for exams in Jan and Feb. Does anyone know if that is true?

FAR - April 2011
    REG - Passed
    AUD - Passed
    BEC - Passed

Masaman
    Participant

Greaterthan74 – Yes you are correct. All scores for all of 2011 is going to be released in the off testing month or wave 2 as we know it.

RRCpa – I feel you. I just got my score for BEC and 71! This is my second time. I'm thinking of trying to study for the next two weeks and take BEC again the beginning of January. I have sat for audit so they said the new governance section is from there. I can't think of it off the top of my head but since I studied for audit already I should hopefully pick it up. Unfortunately I had business structure pretty good so too bad that is moving from BEC.

I just want to finish with this beast.

Masaman
    Participant

Greaterthan74 – Yes you are correct. All scores for all of 2011 is going to be released in the off testing month or wave 2 as we know it.

RRCpa – I feel you. I just got my score for BEC and 71! This is my second time. I'm thinking of trying to study for the next two weeks and take BEC again the beginning of January. I have sat for audit so they said the new governance section is from there. I can't think of it off the top of my head but since I studied for audit already I should hopefully pick it up. Unfortunately I had business structure pretty good so too bad that is moving from BEC.

I just want to finish with this beast.

RRCpa
    Participant

I hear ya Masaman, i cant wait to get done. I myself was good with business structures as well…lets hope we all this kill this beast in 2011!!

RRCpa
    Participant

I hear ya Masaman, i cant wait to get done. I myself was good with business structures as well…lets hope we all this kill this beast in 2011!!

PrestigeWorldwide
    Participant

Need quick advice! I just failed BEC (11/29) with a 73. I'm currently scheduled to take REG on January 15th, but I'm only through section 1 of Becker at this point. My NTS for REG expires on 2/2/11. Should I rush through REG, or lose my NTS and take BEC right away while it's relatively fresh?

PrestigeWorldwide
    Participant

Need quick advice! I just failed BEC (11/29) with a 73. I'm currently scheduled to take REG on January 15th, but I'm only through section 1 of Becker at this point. My NTS for REG expires on 2/2/11. Should I rush through REG, or lose my NTS and take BEC right away while it's relatively fresh?

veena
    Participant

Hi everyone I used Becker for BEC and failed and I don't believe that I got 22 marks I am shocked by my marks ??? Ok I accept that I am new to this country and don't know the study pattern's of this country. As every country have there own patterns but I did my best to practice for this section from my side I used to practice as many questions as possible . When I gave my exam I wasn't sure I did good or bad but some where deep in my heart I know that I did well but if I fail I thought I will fail by some 60's or at least by 50's but not in 20's? Now I am going to give my FAR in April but after seeing the results I don't thing so I will be able to pass the exam as I am disturbed after the results don't know what to do ? Does any one faced the same problem like me? And now I feels is this the right path for me???

Thank you for the suggestions in advance.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 3,174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.