BEC – Exam Prep - Page 13

Viewing 15 replies - 181 through 195 (of 3,174 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    wishfulthinking
    Participant

Well, I think I can get the economics stuff with a little extra attention….The IT stuff will not be bad for me as it comes easier to me. I can do this!! Just feel like I'm scrambling/rushing to the finish line and just hoping that I gather all the knowledge I need to pass!! And hoping that BEC is my last exam….Seeing that I do not know if I passed AUD yet. 🙂

Good luck to all of you taking BEC with me!

REG 85 | FAR 85 | AUD 88 | BEC 76!!! DONE!!!!

wishfulthinking
    Participant

Well, I think I can get the economics stuff with a little extra attention….The IT stuff will not be bad for me as it comes easier to me. I can do this!! Just feel like I'm scrambling/rushing to the finish line and just hoping that I gather all the knowledge I need to pass!! And hoping that BEC is my last exam….Seeing that I do not know if I passed AUD yet. 🙂

Good luck to all of you taking BEC with me!

REG 85 | FAR 85 | AUD 88 | BEC 76!!! DONE!!!!

lynn2007
    Participant

@wannabetxacctnt

The lag was not bad at all….maybe about 30 seconds each time I switched screens between the WC. I actually had an hour left when I was done with my exam. I am a fast test taker as I do not go back and review my answers to the MC before I close the testlet. This has worked well for me because I tend to second guess myself A LOT so I just choose to go with my gut instinct. I spent about 30 minutes typing up my WC …remember they do not grade on the “accuracy” of your answer but on how well you write 🙂

FAR - 75! 🙂
    AUD - April 25
    BEC - 71, May 27
    REG - Not scheduled yet

lynn2007
    Participant

@wannabetxacctnt

The lag was not bad at all….maybe about 30 seconds each time I switched screens between the WC. I actually had an hour left when I was done with my exam. I am a fast test taker as I do not go back and review my answers to the MC before I close the testlet. This has worked well for me because I tend to second guess myself A LOT so I just choose to go with my gut instinct. I spent about 30 minutes typing up my WC …remember they do not grade on the “accuracy” of your answer but on how well you write 🙂

FAR - 75! 🙂
    AUD - April 25
    BEC - 71, May 27
    REG - Not scheduled yet

jdiiorio
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I am taking BEC next Friday so basically I have a little bit less than a week to do my final studying. I have done all hwk questions and lectures and I am reading through the WC answers (using Becker 2011). Any suggestions on what I should do on the final days before the exam? What does everyone do the week before?

ILLINOIS CANDIDATE
    FAR - Passed
    BEC - Passed
    AUD - Passed

jdiiorio
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I am taking BEC next Friday so basically I have a little bit less than a week to do my final studying. I have done all hwk questions and lectures and I am reading through the WC answers (using Becker 2011). Any suggestions on what I should do on the final days before the exam? What does everyone do the week before?

ILLINOIS CANDIDATE
    FAR - Passed
    BEC - Passed
    AUD - Passed

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Everyone,

I took BEC yesterday (2/10/2011). I didn't know they changed BEC to adaptive. I'm a bit worried now. My 2nd testlet was very hard, but my 3rd testlest wasn't. Anyway, we'll see. Two of my WCs were not from BEC, one was FAR and the other one was AUD. They don't test technical knowledge but you have to address the issue.

Jdiiorio, I would suggest that you go through the new stuff coz I had a lot of those in my third testlet. Also, leave atleast 1 hour for the WC. I had only 50 minutes left and I had to rush through the last one since I didn't have much time left. Good luck.

BEC – 68 (Oct); Retake (2/10/2011), FAR – 68 (Nov)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Everyone,

I took BEC yesterday (2/10/2011). I didn't know they changed BEC to adaptive. I'm a bit worried now. My 2nd testlet was very hard, but my 3rd testlest wasn't. Anyway, we'll see. Two of my WCs were not from BEC, one was FAR and the other one was AUD. They don't test technical knowledge but you have to address the issue.

Jdiiorio, I would suggest that you go through the new stuff coz I had a lot of those in my third testlet. Also, leave atleast 1 hour for the WC. I had only 50 minutes left and I had to rush through the last one since I didn't have much time left. Good luck.

BEC – 68 (Oct); Retake (2/10/2011), FAR – 68 (Nov)

jdiiorio
    Participant

Thanks CPA2011aMUST.

I am kind of worried about the WCs not being from BEC. I find it kind of hard to write in “good business communication” if I don't know what I am talking about. Somehow it seems a little bit unfair that they test you on other parts. Anyway.. marathon weekend of study about to begin!

For those who took BEC how important do you think it is to memorize all the different lists for Corporate Governance. Is it important to memorize all the information or understanding it will be enough? How much terminology did u come across?

ILLINOIS CANDIDATE
    FAR - Passed
    BEC - Passed
    AUD - Passed

jdiiorio
    Participant

Thanks CPA2011aMUST.

I am kind of worried about the WCs not being from BEC. I find it kind of hard to write in “good business communication” if I don't know what I am talking about. Somehow it seems a little bit unfair that they test you on other parts. Anyway.. marathon weekend of study about to begin!

For those who took BEC how important do you think it is to memorize all the different lists for Corporate Governance. Is it important to memorize all the information or understanding it will be enough? How much terminology did u come across?

ILLINOIS CANDIDATE
    FAR - Passed
    BEC - Passed
    AUD - Passed

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can someone recommend me free BEC videos or any other free additional material to study?

Thank you!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can someone recommend me free BEC videos or any other free additional material to study?

Thank you!!!

jdiiorio
    Participant

Hi Cev, I have no idea if there are any free videos or problems out there. If I find any (cause I have been looking for extra review stuff) I will let u know.

Your question reminded me of one I had for a while. What does everyone think of using previous year software for extra practice problems. Is it worth it? Or should I focus on BEC 2011 becker problems. The other software I have is 2010 so not so old.

ILLINOIS CANDIDATE
    FAR - Passed
    BEC - Passed
    AUD - Passed

jdiiorio
    Participant

Hi Cev, I have no idea if there are any free videos or problems out there. If I find any (cause I have been looking for extra review stuff) I will let u know.

Your question reminded me of one I had for a while. What does everyone think of using previous year software for extra practice problems. Is it worth it? Or should I focus on BEC 2011 becker problems. The other software I have is 2010 so not so old.

ILLINOIS CANDIDATE
    FAR - Passed
    BEC - Passed
    AUD - Passed

wannabetxacctnt
    Participant

I just took BEC, wasn't too bad, and I finished the exam with 15 minutes to spare. I couldn't tell if the testlets got harder or not, I did feel like the q's got a lot wordier though. There were a few q's that I had absolutely no idea about, and there were a few q's directly from the Wiley book and test bank (which I was thrilled about!) By the time I go to the sims, I was exhausted and brain dead, because I took the exam at at 7.30 am with no caffeine:(

2 of my sims were BEC related, 1 wasn't, and I did not experience any lag while loading the sims.I really hope I pass-I will scream if I need to learn o/h variances again!!

Aud 83

Reg 83

BEC 83

FAR 4/15

Viewing 15 replies - 181 through 195 (of 3,174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.