BEC – Exam Prep - Page 20

Viewing 15 replies - 286 through 300 (of 3,174 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Jeff !!!!!! 🙂

wishfulthinking
    Participant

@ BakedCPA – I felt Becker did a fairly good job preparing me for the questions on the exam. Did you feel prepared? I got a good mix of calculation & theory questions and I felt like my 3rd testlet had much more difficult questions than the first 2 testlets, so I hope that means I did well. We'll see…..Come on MARCH 14th!!!

REG 85 | FAR 85 | AUD 88 | BEC 76!!! DONE!!!!

wishfulthinking
    Participant

@ BakedCPA – I felt Becker did a fairly good job preparing me for the questions on the exam. Did you feel prepared? I got a good mix of calculation & theory questions and I felt like my 3rd testlet had much more difficult questions than the first 2 testlets, so I hope that means I did well. We'll see…..Come on MARCH 14th!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ Wishfulthinking—I felt prepared going in, unprepared when I walked out. I felt like I had mastered the Becker questions, but the exam was harder(or should I say, more foreign) than what I had seen on my practice questions. Felt like all 3 testlets were difficult, but definitely seemed like testlet 3 was less wordy and less tricky than the first two, so that isn't a good sign. Complex grading scale makes it hard to determine, if I had to guess I would say I didnt pass this time…if not I will just jump right back into the material and sit again in April. Keeping my fingers crossed for an unexpected surprise though in a few weeks. Good luck to you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ Wishfulthinking—I felt prepared going in, unprepared when I walked out. I felt like I had mastered the Becker questions, but the exam was harder(or should I say, more foreign) than what I had seen on my practice questions. Felt like all 3 testlets were difficult, but definitely seemed like testlet 3 was less wordy and less tricky than the first two, so that isn't a good sign. Complex grading scale makes it hard to determine, if I had to guess I would say I didnt pass this time…if not I will just jump right back into the material and sit again in April. Keeping my fingers crossed for an unexpected surprise though in a few weeks. Good luck to you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I feel the same way, BakedCPA. I don't expect to pass this one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I feel the same way, BakedCPA. I don't expect to pass this one.

wishfulthinking
    Participant

@Baked CPA – Well, don't worry about it. The test is over and done with. I did feel like the exam was tough, but it was not the same feeling when I took REG. I balled my eyes out thinking I failed, when in fact, I passed with an 85. I took FAR and thought “wow that wasn't very tough” and figured I failed b/c it didn't seem hard enough…and again passed with another 85. So you never can tell! I am just hoping for the best. But you are right…you can just hop right back into studying and retake it. I have that same attitude. I hope I passed, but I know if I didn't that I can do it again and pass the next time. Good luck to you too!!

wishfulthinking
    Participant

@Baked CPA – Well, don't worry about it. The test is over and done with. I did feel like the exam was tough, but it was not the same feeling when I took REG. I balled my eyes out thinking I failed, when in fact, I passed with an 85. I took FAR and thought “wow that wasn't very tough” and figured I failed b/c it didn't seem hard enough…and again passed with another 85. So you never can tell! I am just hoping for the best. But you are right…you can just hop right back into studying and retake it. I have that same attitude. I hope I passed, but I know if I didn't that I can do it again and pass the next time. Good luck to you too!!

Aldog
    Participant

hi guyssss-after passing AUD and somehow by the good graces of the acocunting gods passing FAR (75!!! haha talk ab studying just enough), i took a much needed break from anything CPA related for months of december and january, recently postponed my BEC until april 9th…Im in study mode now and have committed to sacrificing my weekends for next month in hope of getting all the studying i need to get done for this test.

I just finished BEC 2 for Becker m.c. and all that…honeslty, BEC 1 & 2 seem fairly easy but stilla lot of dumb theory/concept that i end up hitting myself in the head after getting a question wrong, wishing i wouldve thought in comon sense terms instead of accounting mode.

Molldoll took the test recently and said if she couldve had some more time to study, it wouldve been focused on BEC 1 & 3…any opinon on that???

Also, i totally agree that this amterial is a lot more choppy than first 2 sections of the test i took and random so far with no flow. I gave up on lectures and decided to limit to the reading and mult choice, hoping this will save time and work better (although Im already missing Tim & Peter's cheesy jokes, they honestly helped a lot).

One thing I DO wish i had was a Becker book with all their notes ALREADY in it (like the dumb acronyms and stuff and little blurbs). This would be so smart for becker to sell, i dont know why tis not available (kind of like a teachers edition book)…

Will be with you all for the next month as I try to balance this studying with craziness of tax season-as always, goodluck to those taking it in coming days

-Aldog

201, NJ
    FAR-75, AUD-82, BEC-82, REG-84 - CPAldog Official (well almost, hard parts over though!!!!!!!)

Aldog
    Participant

hi guyssss-after passing AUD and somehow by the good graces of the acocunting gods passing FAR (75!!! haha talk ab studying just enough), i took a much needed break from anything CPA related for months of december and january, recently postponed my BEC until april 9th…Im in study mode now and have committed to sacrificing my weekends for next month in hope of getting all the studying i need to get done for this test.

I just finished BEC 2 for Becker m.c. and all that…honeslty, BEC 1 & 2 seem fairly easy but stilla lot of dumb theory/concept that i end up hitting myself in the head after getting a question wrong, wishing i wouldve thought in comon sense terms instead of accounting mode.

Molldoll took the test recently and said if she couldve had some more time to study, it wouldve been focused on BEC 1 & 3…any opinon on that???

Also, i totally agree that this amterial is a lot more choppy than first 2 sections of the test i took and random so far with no flow. I gave up on lectures and decided to limit to the reading and mult choice, hoping this will save time and work better (although Im already missing Tim & Peter's cheesy jokes, they honestly helped a lot).

One thing I DO wish i had was a Becker book with all their notes ALREADY in it (like the dumb acronyms and stuff and little blurbs). This would be so smart for becker to sell, i dont know why tis not available (kind of like a teachers edition book)…

Will be with you all for the next month as I try to balance this studying with craziness of tax season-as always, goodluck to those taking it in coming days

-Aldog

201, NJ
    FAR-75, AUD-82, BEC-82, REG-84 - CPAldog Official (well almost, hard parts over though!!!!!!!)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yo Aldog, I also took a little break after passing FAR and AUD as well—and also always wanted Becker to sell the books with notes already in there. If you have the 2011 software—-what you can do is click on “read from text” or whatever it says on each Chapter(usually right above where it says “view lecture”). When you read the text through there—it has all of their notes already in there. Hope that helps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yo Aldog, I also took a little break after passing FAR and AUD as well—and also always wanted Becker to sell the books with notes already in there. If you have the 2011 software—-what you can do is click on “read from text” or whatever it says on each Chapter(usually right above where it says “view lecture”). When you read the text through there—it has all of their notes already in there. Hope that helps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Twenty plus- plus years after receiving my accounting degree and a career in real estate and finance, I decided to take the CPA exam. Today I took my first part BEC. Wowza what a long day! I feel like a cross between I think I can train and an old, but youthful looking dog, learning new tricks.

I tripped across this forum about a week ago ( about two months into my studies) and have been a voyeur since.

Here is what I can say:

I studied a lot and had formulas and concepts engrained into my brain. But, you cannot study everything and some subjects were addressed at a MUCH deeper level on the exam than what was in the Wiley book with Yeager videos (new topics). I went to the source documents before the test that was helpful. I think you have to supplement any study plan with the “source”.

Drink less (or no coffee) the day of the exam.

Most everything I read in the BEC comment section in the last week is accurate. Spot on, even.

It is going to be a long year with the goal of getting all four parts under my wing,

Question: I am taking REG the first week in APRIL.. which do you all recommend taking next AUD or FAR?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Twenty plus- plus years after receiving my accounting degree and a career in real estate and finance, I decided to take the CPA exam. Today I took my first part BEC. Wowza what a long day! I feel like a cross between I think I can train and an old, but youthful looking dog, learning new tricks.

I tripped across this forum about a week ago ( about two months into my studies) and have been a voyeur since.

Here is what I can say:

I studied a lot and had formulas and concepts engrained into my brain. But, you cannot study everything and some subjects were addressed at a MUCH deeper level on the exam than what was in the Wiley book with Yeager videos (new topics). I went to the source documents before the test that was helpful. I think you have to supplement any study plan with the “source”.

Drink less (or no coffee) the day of the exam.

Most everything I read in the BEC comment section in the last week is accurate. Spot on, even.

It is going to be a long year with the goal of getting all four parts under my wing,

Question: I am taking REG the first week in APRIL.. which do you all recommend taking next AUD or FAR?

Viewing 15 replies - 286 through 300 (of 3,174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.