Changes in Regulation CPA July 1 2013 - Page 5

• Creator
    Topic

If someone could clarify what changes in regulation CPA because laws were signed in December 2012 because I read that, but nobody specifies that is what will change, thank you very much for your help.

FAR: 91, first attempt

BEC: 86, first attempt

AUD: 99, first attempt

REG:???

Viewing 12 replies - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    YouCanDoIt
    Participant

According to Regulation changes 2013 on Beckers website there are few tax number changes, for example, the medical expenses must exceed 10% AGI instead of 7.5%. So does this mean I should worry about studying 10%, and also the standard deductions have increased, and other numbers. I have never taken the REG section before, so am not sure if I should worry about memorizing all actual number amounts, example: if they expect me to memorize the increase in standard deduction for “65 and blind” or is that a number they give in the question.

AUD - 77
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 75
    REG - 80
    Won't know until you try.

FAR: 76
    REG: Currently studying
    AUD:
    BEC:

YouCanDoIt
    Participant

According to Regulation changes 2013 on Beckers website there are few tax number changes, for example, the medical expenses must exceed 10% AGI instead of 7.5%. So does this mean I should worry about studying 10%, and also the standard deductions have increased, and other numbers. I have never taken the REG section before, so am not sure if I should worry about memorizing all actual number amounts, example: if they expect me to memorize the increase in standard deduction for “65 and blind” or is that a number they give in the question.

AUD - 77
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 75
    REG - 80
    Won't know until you try.

FAR: 76
    REG: Currently studying
    AUD:
    BEC:

k1zuna

what's the increase in standard deduction for 65 and blind? I thought it's the same as 2012?

FAR - Passed
    AUD - Passed
    BEC - Passed
    REG - 8/22/2013

k1zuna

what's the increase in standard deduction for 65 and blind? I thought it's the same as 2012?

FAR - Passed
    AUD - Passed
    BEC - Passed
    REG - 8/22/2013

jeff
    Keymaster

Everything is laid out succinctly in the updated REG ninja notes – if interested

https://www.another71.com/products-page/ninja-cpa-review-study-guides/

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    jeff
    Keymaster

Everything is laid out succinctly in the updated REG ninja notes – if interested

https://www.another71.com/products-page/ninja-cpa-review-study-guides/

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    MNgolfer72

GTFOOH – I didn't know this and I am sitting for REG tomorrow. Looks like its going to be a long night.

Heres a link that im going to use:

Created with Compare Ninja

MNgolfer72

GTFOOH – I didn't know this and I am sitting for REG tomorrow. Looks like its going to be a long night.

Created with Compare Ninja

MNgolfer72, I'm guessing you are new to Another71? If so, welcome! Jeff and the Another71'ers do a great job of staying on top of updates, so keeping an eye on the forum will make you well-prepared for future exams. If it's any consolation, amounts that are frequently changed (i.e. amounts that change every year for inflation) are rarely tested, since the AICPA does not want to have to update the questions every year.

Good luck tomorrow!

MNgolfer72, I'm guessing you are new to Another71? If so, welcome! Jeff and the Another71'ers do a great job of staying on top of updates, so keeping an eye on the forum will make you well-prepared for future exams. If it's any consolation, amounts that are frequently changed (i.e. amounts that change every year for inflation) are rarely tested, since the AICPA does not want to have to update the questions every year.

Good luck tomorrow!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I need to determine if I want to take BEC or REG next.

I have a 2012 REG book–is that book completely useless or are there just a few minor tweaks to the material? Once I know where I stand with my books, I can decide which test to take and buy the rest of my materials.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I need to determine if I want to take BEC or REG next.

I have a 2012 REG book–is that book completely useless or are there just a few minor tweaks to the material? Once I know where I stand with my books, I can decide which test to take and buy the rest of my materials.

Viewing 12 replies - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.