FAR – Exam Prep - Page 111

Viewing 6 replies - 1,651 through 1,656 (of 1,656 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MAC
    Participant

@YerboIM – if you're taking the exam next year, you might as well get the 2013 edition, but it doesn't come out until November–I just talked to them yesterday. =]

IL CANDIDATE
    FAR - 11.21.10 - 82! 10.01.12
    AUD - 04.02.11 - 86
    BEC - 04.21.12 - 80
    REG - 09.08.12 - 76

just a retake & i'm done!

MAC
    Participant

….and by “them,” i mean becker haha. whoops.

IL CANDIDATE
    FAR - 11.21.10 - 82! 10.01.12
    AUD - 04.02.11 - 86
    BEC - 04.21.12 - 80
    REG - 09.08.12 - 76

just a retake & i'm done!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@holdington

I remember the audit sims being very easy. Since i knew the material very well i guess it went well or i just got easy sims. On the reg sims i just worked thru each sim pretty easily except for a sim about xxx which had me stumped. Also i fly through the mcqs on first instinct leaving plenty of time for me to work thru the sims. I think i would rather study the material or mcqs than the sims cuz when i first tried to study sims there were so many of them. For far i want to give myself every chance i can get. If i fail it will be a huge blow to my plans. I must pass im putting everything on hold till i take this exam.

YerbolM

Thanks MAC, I will probably buy the 2013 edition.

AUD-78 (08/29/12)

rsoxtim

Regarding the questions on how people should be studying Becker, I think it all really depends on your personal style of studying and which way you learn better.

I'm finishing up F-3 and starting F-4 tonight, exam date of 11/2.

My routine is do the lecture, go back and re-read the chapter and examples while stopping to make flashcards. I study the flashcards (for each chapter and previous chapters) every night. The flashcards I know I put in another pile and study every 2-3 days just to keep refreshed. I work through all the homework, making sure to try to understand why I'm getting questions wrong. I then jot down at the beginning each of chapter, the topics I'm weak on to focus on later. Once all the homework is done, I then do a progress test before moving onto the next chapter.

I plan on leaving 2-2.5 weeks for review prior to the exam in which time I'll work through all the MC/sims again, bang out multiple progress tests, and redo the MC/sims that I'm weak on a few additional times.

My overall scores for the HW in each chapter hovers around 70% which I'm not worried as its the first time going through them – some sections in chapters I'm better (80s+) and some I'm worse (50s+). Don't get hung up on doing poorly on the first go around – just understand why you're getting things wrong instead. And sometimes I still don't get it after looking at the answer.

Virginia

F - Passed
    R - 1/19/2013
    B - February 2013
    A - April 2013

jlg2010

See exam experience. I used Yaeger (home study and cram) in addition to NINJA notes. Cindy Simpson is top notch and I attribute her instruction for helping me pass. I went through the videos, which included copious notes and select Wiley text MCQs and sims that they recommend. I then reviewed my notes, the MCQs I had done previously, then started the Wiley test bank in study mode. In the last few weeks, I went through the Cram, took more notes, then did more wiley test bank. My last week I basically rewrote my notes and finished the Wiley test bank questions. In the last days I did MCQs that I had gotten wrong, and reviewed those sections that were a guarantee (IFRS/NFP/Gov't).

FAR 84 (Aug)

FAR Aug 12 84
    Aud Feb 13 99
    BEC Apr 13 86
    Reg May 13 87 Done!!!

Viewing 6 replies - 1,651 through 1,656 (of 1,656 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.