FAR – Exam Prep - Page 110

Viewing 15 replies - 1,636 through 1,650 (of 1,656 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Whatdidyou

I have the 2012 edition. Don't know if others are similar or not. I'm pretty sure they are not called supplemental quizzes (?) though.

At the end of every chapter you have the opportunity to take a progress test of however many # of questions as you'd like. The test covers the current chapter and any past chapters. It is set up so that the # of questions from each chapter is proportional to what you are likely to see on the exam but the individual questions themselves are randomized from the specific chapter homework questions each and every time you take a test.

Usually I like to take them at the end during review, but some people take them throughout their studying (ex. everytime they finish a couple chapters so that they don't forget so much).

REG - Passed!!
    BEC - Passed
    FAR - Passed
    AUD - Passed

Study Materials: Becker basic course

Whatdidyou

I have the 2012 edition. Don't know if others are similar or not. I'm pretty sure they are not called supplemental quizzes (?) though.

At the end of every chapter you have the opportunity to take a progress test of however many # of questions as you'd like. The test covers the current chapter and any past chapters. It is set up so that the # of questions from each chapter is proportional to what you are likely to see on the exam but the individual questions themselves are randomized from the specific chapter homework questions each and every time you take a test.

Usually I like to take them at the end during review, but some people take them throughout their studying (ex. everytime they finish a couple chapters so that they don't forget so much).

REG - Passed!!
    BEC - Passed
    FAR - Passed
    AUD - Passed

Study Materials: Becker basic course

proach33

@whatdidyou Thanks for the advice. That is exactly the strategy i followed for REG and AUD. Passed audit but still waiting on the REG score. Starting today. Bring it on

Audit - June 2012: 80
    Reg - August 2012- 82
    Far- October 6 2012 - 71. Retake Jan 2013 - 76
    Bec- December 7 2012: 78

Finally Done

Anonymous
    Inactive

The progress tests are pretty good at the end of each chapter. I usually do 4-5 “30 MCQ” ones at the end of each chapter, just to keep concepts fresh in my mind. However, I feel like I get a lot of repeated questions.

moey

@DatFutureCPA I feel like I get a lot of repeated questions too! Each progress test always has at least one repeat..

FAR - 90
    REG - 75
    AUD
    BEC

@proach33….I can get thru a Becker section in a day…takes all day and is draining, but its doable, FAR is hopefully my last one so hope that holds true. I also agree with Whatdidyou, I use the progress tests every chapter (just one at the end of the chapter) and at the end (as many as possible), 90 questions each to reflect the 90 in FAR/ Audit or 72 for reg & bec.

B ~ 78 (04.02.12)
    A ~ 70 (08.31.12) ~ 77 (10.05.12)
    R ~ 81 (04.04.12)
    F ~ 65 (11.12.12) ~ 73 (02.28.13) ~ 77 (04.01.13)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Started studying for FAR last Wednesday. Just found out I passed REG. Hope FAR works out as well as REG did!!

stokey45
    Participant

Guys,

These are the type of questions that will trip me up! I know that I can read too much into a question but it becomes very frustrating!! It is not that I do not know the concept, it is that I do not understand the question.

Example:

Sage, Inc. bought 40% of Adams Corp's outstanding common stock on Jan. 2, Year 1 for $400,000. The carrying amount of Adams' net assets at the purchase date totaled $900,000. Fair values and carrying amounts were the same for all items except for plant and inventory, for which fair values exceeded their carrying amount by $90,000 and $10,000 respectively. The plant has an 18-year life. All inventory was sold during Year 1. During Year 1, Adams reported net income of $120,000 and paid a $20,000 cash dividend. What amount should Sage report in its income statement from its investment in Adams for the year ended Dec. 31, Year 1?

a. $48,000

b. $42,000

c, $36,000

d. $32,000

To me I understand “Net Income” to mean the bottom line. I would have thought that income would have already been adjusted for the fair value of plant and inventory before net income. The correct answer is (b).

Help me out guys. What do you think?

holdingon

hi,

i was wondering if anyone had any tips to study for the FAR sims? i used becker..which was awesome in getting me comfortable with the MCQ…but it wasn't enough to get me through the sims. =(

currently using yaeger for my 2nd attempt at FAR…sitting end of nov. any advice would help!! thanks!

jtb328

Hi All…took FAR for the second time and failed again…I have been using Becker it doesn't seem to be working…Just curious as to what everyone on here uses to study for FAR because I think I need a serious change in my study materials..I've always used Becker and after 14 months haven't passed one exam…don't think it its for me anymore

Let me know what you use? and how do you like it? Whats your approach?

BEC - 67, 68, 68
    AUD - 44
    FAR - 40, 50
    REG - 68, 68

stokey45
    Participant

I am working on FAR and I am so discouraged. I know I need an attitude adjustment but this is soooo much detailed information. I am having a very overwhelming week outside of studying for the CPA exam. I am ready for my company to leave, the tax extension deadline to be over at work, and my well for my water to be fixed at home.So needless to say, trying to study is so hard this week. = (

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay this is my first post. But i thank everyone for their info! I have 2.5 months to study for far, my final exam, and im very nervous. I studied for aud for 5 weeks and got a 90, but i also studied for reg for almost three months and barely passed with a 77. Very inconsistent i think some exams are easy and some are difficult. How else do you explain people feeling nervous about their scores then they get a 99! So im wondering if i should change my study plan. Ive been reading the text, doing passmaster twice by chapter then reading text again and doing passmaster in section entirety over and over, usually 3-5 times, until i get damn near evrything right. Btw this is what i did for aud and bec, the second time. I didnt study any sims. For reg i read the chapter did the pms twice watched the lectures then did the pms till i knew pretty much all the becker mcqs. I did study for sims for reg. however i did not do well. I would love to hear a detailed study plan for someone who smashed far with a sledgehammer. This time i plan to watch lecture, do pm, read text, do pm for each chapter then do pm across the board over and over. Then take a few practice exams

OUCPA84

Best way to study with Becker?

Currently, I'm doing the lectures (highlighting etc.) then doing the questions. I did ok on F1, but am bombing F2.

Should i be doing the lectures, then re write highlighted sections from video lecture, then questions?

Thanks!

AUD Pass
    REG Fail, Rematch TBA
    FAR 11/26 Certain I failed
    BEC ?

Becker

YerbolM

What product should I buy Exam Year 2012 (FAR) or Exam Year 2013 (FAR) if I want to take FAR in this year or maybe in the next year?

AUD-78 (08/29/12)

holdingon

@Chinsuky

How did you overcome the sims for Audit…and REG for that matter. i always find myself failing those parts…

Viewing 15 replies - 1,636 through 1,650 (of 1,656 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.