FAR – Exam Prep - Page 109

Viewing 15 replies - 1,621 through 1,635 (of 1,656 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    2012passtheCPA
    Participant
    stokey45
    Participant

@NP

thanks for the explanation. I see that I only have to deal with what happened in the 3rd quarter not fix the 2nd and the 3rd quarters.

Did any of you find F2 to be difficult? Maybe it is me but I am having a hard time. I am making notes on each question I get wrong and I am getting alot wrong. I realize this is my opportunity to learn how to calculate the correct answer come exam day. It still becomes very discouraging. I can see I still have plenty of work to do. *sigh*

NP

@Stolekey45,

I just took Far a few days ago and still waiting for the result. Lots of my MC test questions were conceptual…only few with heavy calculation….Simulations had a lot of calculation and JEs…and 30% of my test was about governmental and not for profit (F8 +9)

I had a very hard time with F2 also…I am sure that you are not the only one that has this problem…Lots of chapters are very detailed and confusing..I had to print out the MC questions to do them so that way I can review the ones that I got wrong…I found it to be really helpful.

All the best with your study..Don't give up!

stokey45
    Participant

@ NP

Thanks so much for letting me know I am not the only one with problems with F2. It is taking me so much time because I am rewriting the questions I get wrong, and there are a lot of them, in hopes of solidifying the information.

May I say I envy you that FAR is behind you. I cannot wait until I am done with the FAR exam. This one scares me with the amount of information it has. Good Luck to you and thanks again for the information.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Getting pretty discouraged..the SIMS in becker are killing me.

I do fairly decent on the MCQ on my first run ~70%. The SIMS just seem to bring out stuff I never covered in lectures or my readings..

sarah210

Ugh. I've completely finished F1-F4, 3/4 of F5, and I'm working on F6. My brain is melting. I'll get through this somehow, right?

REG- 53, 91
    BEC- 88
    FAR- 62, 85
    AUD- 85

Ethics- 93

stokey45
    Participant

Oh my, I finished the first section on F2 and had to rewrite many MCQs because I answered them wrong. Now that i am done I feel like I learned a lot. I hope my brain keeps what I learned as I move on!!

proach33

Okay so I just got done with reg and am starting far in the morning. I am doing becker self study. I have 5 weeks to study for this. Will this be possible ?

Audit - June 2012: 80
    Reg - August 2012- 82
    Far- October 6 2012 - 71. Retake Jan 2013 - 76
    Bec- December 7 2012: 78

Finally Done

stokey45
    Participant

@proach 33

I hate to say this but it depends.

It depends on how much you recall from your accounting classes. Will this basically be a review for you? How much time do you have to dedicate to studying the material?

I know some University students that did the Becker fast pass classes and took all four exams in one summer. They were right out of college and the material was very fresh in their minds. They did nothing else but study from morning until the Library closed at night. It worked for them.

For me it did not work. It was too much information I needed to learn rather than just review. I also have a family and full time job. Five weeks would not be enough for me.

So again to answer your question — it depends on you. Is it doable — absolutely. It has been done before.

Can I say if you can do FAR in that amount of time, I am truly jealous. I would love to be finished with all of this but that is not how life is.

Good Luck to you and please keep us posted!

proach33

I start work in October. I am fresh out of my MBA and was a finance major for my undergrad so I feel like this is a review . I will be studying 8 hours a day so I'm hoping I can do it

Reg - August 2012- 82

Finally Done

stokey45
    Participant

@ proach33,

I think you have a great chance of being prepared for the exam. Again I am jealous ;0).

Best of luck to you

proach33

Thanks any advice on what to focus on in becker

Reg - August 2012- 82

Finally Done

Whatdidyou

5 weeks is fine. Just have a study plan and stick to it -it's easy to fall behind.

5 weeks is pretty normal actually – at least for those of us who are just studying. Although, who knows? Maybe I didn't even pass FAR, so may be speaking out of my ass.

However, if you are working at the same time and/or have other major time sucks, I would think 5 weeks would be very tough.

Becker is pretty good at telling you what to focus on. The Progress Tests are great during your review phase. They are essentially a set of homework questions from each chapter, but you are given them based on the %'s that the actual exam actually tests them on. For example, if F8 has been historically more tested than F1, then an 100 question progress test will have maybe 13 questions from F8 but only 2 from F1.

That's why I just pound away the practice tests during my final 2 weeks or so (if I can). That way I'm getting a review of all the chapters (so I can go back and look at the stuff I forgot) while at the same time being more focused on the materials that are often tested more heavily. It's a great tool.

REG - Passed!!
    BEC - Passed
    FAR - Passed
    AUD - Passed

Study Materials: Becker basic course

Anonymous
    Inactive

What is your daily/weekly average of hours for FAR?

I've been keeping track and I'm hitting about 4.25 hours a day of studying.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm not sure what you mean by Progress Tests? Is this the Supplemental Quizzes at the end of each Becker chapter? Thanks! Working full time. Two kids. FAR in 4 weeks. Not feeling ready at all.

Viewing 15 replies - 1,621 through 1,635 (of 1,656 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.