BEC Study Group – Q1 2018 - Page 22

Viewing 13 replies - 316 through 328 (of 328 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    kmgentil
    Participant

And knowing there are pretests on BEC gives me a little more hope. But if they made one of the easy ones a pre-test I am screwed.

AUD - 92
    BEC - 88
    FAR - 84
    REG - 90
    AUD - 92 - 4/13/2018

BEC - 88 - 2/16/2018

FAR - 84 - 8/28/2018

REG - 90 - 6/9/2018

khtchiu
    Participant

@kmgentil yes, this is the first time I took CPA exam and am not sure if I was doing on the right track.

kakooakki
    Participant

The kind of questions for IT and coso was wired. Made me struggled and wasted time, missed one WC hopefully its pretest

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    SICK OF HAVING THE CPA CLOUD In my life
    busy
    Participant

I have all old reference materials with me. Which is a good option for SIMS ?

Need suggestions in this area as well..

I always feel that I cant relate the SIMS and hints/documents/details given ? I keep thinking how to strike a connection between them…

Please guide.

maggie
    Participant

Shout out to Jennifer – I am ALL DONE as well!

To the rest – best of luck on your study. From ordering my materials to my last part of exam taken day, it took me 489 days! It took me almost 4 months to study FAR alone, and I failed once on every part, but the retake goes much better. So, don't give up. You can do it if I can (with a full time job, a toddler and a crazy work schedule reminding me of my big 4 years…)

For BEC specific – For preparing the retake, I spent a lot of time working on IT questions (combination of Roger materials and Ninja test bank), with a passing score of 85, i scored higher on IT. However, for all the IT questions that showed up on the exam, I for sure missed at least 5 of them. The night after I took the exam, I just couldn't sleep, so I went back to check the answers, that's why I was sure I missed a bunch. So, not sure how the grading is done…Having said that, if you know you miss a few questions, don't panic, it might not be as bad as you think it is, just focus on the rest of the test.

FAR - 83
    AUD - 79
    REG - 87
    BEC - 2/10/2018

Study with Roger and just purchased NINJA question bank (for BEC) as well.

SNOWMAN
    Participant

Hello. My name is SNOWMAN from an asian country. I failed BEC test in FEB 71score, even I got 95% target met in ROGER CPA. One reason is I was not good condition.( Just after I cured PNEUMONIA!! OMG) Second is I had trouble during my 1 st testlet. Computer shutted down for 10 minutes. I tried stay calm, but probably, I paniced. Well, my question is what should I do for next BEC test?
    I did ROGER, little bit BECKER. But I only passed FAR at first try. DRS of ROGER is wonderful.
    I like his lecture. BUT I failed BEC anyway. I should try AUD internal control, some people say. But I don't know what is essential to BEC . Please advice me.

jeff
    Keymaster

The podcast is back! (I know you missed it) 🙂

CPA Reviewed #82 – CPA Exam Score Release Survival

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    rahee
    Participant

I completely agree! I felt like I was taking an IT/econ exam and not an accounting one!

AUD - 84
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 82
    REG - 79
    Rahee
    SNOWMAN
    Participant

Do you know any good material for BEC TBS section?
    Today I got candidate Performance. I was shocked , because my MCq is COMPARABLE BUT TBS ‘WEAKER'
    I failed BEC because of TBS………
    Actually ROGER has only 1 TBS others are all DRS.
    I thought bit strenge, so I took some part of BECKER. That gave me 11 TBS, but I found out these are not enogh. Please give me advice

Operation_CPA
    Participant

I am still getting destroyed on these BEC MCQ's… The Becker questions specifically are absurd at times – very lengthy and confusing. I even had one question that admitted so in the answer choice! Lol. Hoping to see the light at the end of the tunnel very soon. Sorry, just needed to vent a little…

FAR - 76 (Lost credit), 76
    AUD - 80
    BEC - 76
    REG - 75

Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

rencpa
    Participant

Good luck to those who wait for the score today! I never had a chance to finish my exam due to a computer shut down 🙁

Guess, my question is mainly to Becker users…

Just called Becker a couple of minutes ago and I was informed that BEC material for Q2 is the same as for Q1. This means there is no update for BEC about COSO. Is this correct? I know someone mentioned something about an update for COSO, starting from April. Now I am confused.

Any clue?

"Self-trust is the first secret of success" -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    aimhigher
    Participant

Have never been so confused in my life…I studied rigorously using Becker, finished all the chapters, did all the MCQs. Even after taking the exam I felt pretty darn good, feeling that I put in enough work to pass. To my surprise I received a 59 on BEC, I think I refreshed my page 100x was in complete awe. I did numerous progress tests on Becker, I was landing consistently in the 80s, I felt I understood and grasped the material well and the formulas. I am just so confused how I got a 59 I mean if I got in the low 70s I would have said ah just got to push a little harder next time. Even when I took BEC last year I barely studied (crammed) and got a 63. I don't know where I went wrong this time? Anyway I only have till 04/03/2018 to pass BEC within the 18 month period. I am extremely stressed, also waiting for NASBA to update CPA Central so I can re-apply for BEC and get an NTS.

Not sure if I should continue using Becker, or purchase another test bank. I used Ninja MCQs a bit towards the end but mainly for COSO. Also does anyone know when we'll receive a score report? Thanks!

FAR - done
    AUD - done
    REG - done
    BEC - Retake Q2 '18

2016 - FAR, BEC, REG, AUD
    Becker & Ninja Audio

rencpa
    Participant

@aimhigher I am sorry… BEC is challenging for some of us.

At least you got your chance to take the exam in Q1. I could not finish because of the computer shut down. Today instead of waiting for NASBA to get back with me, I decided to study.

Good luck next time! Be positive! I am sure you will get the chance to buy NTS in the next two or three days.

"Self-trust is the first secret of success" -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Viewing 13 replies - 316 through 328 (of 328 total)
  • The topic ‘BEC Study Group – Q1 2018 - Page 22’ is closed to new replies.