BEC Study Group – Q1 2018 - Page 21

Viewing 15 replies - 301 through 315 (of 328 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    kmartinez159
    Participant

Hello! Probably should have posted on here a while ago, but I'm scheduled to take BEC April 2nd, last time I took it I got a 71 (killer), but hopefully this time I can get it done. Sunny day in Denver so I'm studying outside which is making it seem a little less daunting. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Bourne
    Participant

Is anyone that uses Roger willing to send me the 2017 AICPA released questions for BEC?

AUD- 82
    REG- 86
    FAR- 86
    BEC- 88
    rencpa
    Participant

@Bourne

I am using Becker, not Roger. I am able to print them from Becker, but I am unable to share them outside the program.

Just looked at them right now. They are incorporated in Becker program (MCQs). I can recognize them. I guess,they are either included in your program questions or you should be given a chance to “look at” them. Like I said, this is my guess.

"Self-trust is the first secret of success" -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Bourne
    Participant

Wiley does not have them separate and Ninja only has 2015 and 2016. Thanks anyway!

AUD- 82
    REG- 86
    FAR- 86
    BEC- 88
    rencpa
    Participant

Hmm… this is really strange.

From personal experience (last December), the new AICPA released questions do NOT emphasize the % of the material being tested. Funny, that AICPA does not address the change while releasing their own new questions. Maybe majority of COSO & IT questions are mostly pretest? Who knows… I did much stronger on IT (according to their report) and believe me, I am NOT a computer genius. My husband laughed when I told him that.

My suggestion, review whatever MSQs you have and you are going to benefit more from them than the new released questions from AICPA. Your knowledge is more important than going over additional questions. Emphasize what you studied! Make sure you remember what you worked on and you are going to be fine. Personal theory, quality over quantity! Your choice. Whatever, will help you to feel prepared.

Good luck!

rencpa
    Participant

I know one WC does not count. How about other Simulations (not the one that are WC)? Do all of them count?

Operation_CPA
    Participant

Someone please tell me things get easier soon after Becker Chapters 2/3. I am trying to close down chapter 2 and falling a bit behind on my schedule because of the last few modules (Financial valuation models, etc). Really aiming to take this Exam as early April as possible, but was not anticipating it being as tricky as it is.

Appreciate any positive encouragement.

FAR - 76 (Lost credit), 76
    AUD - 80
    BEC - 76
    REG - 75

Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

rencpa
    Participant

@Operation_CPA

As you wish, “things get easier soon after Becker Chapters 2/3”. 🙂

My difficulties & comments about Becker chapters (from the easiest):
    Chapter 3 (cost accounting) — simple & easy, like your first accounting class in college

Chapter 4 (cost accounting) — a lot of material, however a math lovers should be okay with this chapter

Chapter 1 / Chapter 5
    Chapter 1 (Corp.Gov & Fin.Risk Management) — Corp. Gov (nicely covered by Pete, however terrible on the exam) & Fin. Risk Management (FAR material in more details… may hate it, but do your best)
    Chapter 5 (economics) — loved in college, hate on the CPA exam (the way it is tested)

Chapter 2 (financial) — a LOOOOOT of material; a LOOOOT of points on the exam; just keep pushing and it will click (I would not expect to master this chapter, but who knows)

Chapter 6 (some misc. crap & IT) — it doesn't matter what you do, the exam is testing MUCH more! May be easier for computer/technology people

Not sure you, but I started appreciating Mike & Angie (just wish she does not speak with the speed of light)

My additional comment: do NOT mark the book the way Becker recommends you to do it. Read on your own first, make notes, listen and make additional notes. Someone who was on this forum last testing window recommended this strategy. Well, I extremely support his studying strategy!! Wish I knew him sooner!! Search for his posts. Think he was under RB.

Best of luck! Yes, it gets easier after Chapter 2 🙂

Tbugg
    Participant

@SBNY2K17 Thank you SO much for your input! I really appreciate it! That's at the top of my list to review this week before test day…

AUD - 75
    BEC - 90
    FAR - 75
    REG - 76
    AUD: 75

BEC: 90

FAR: 75

REG: 76

Operation_CPA
    Participant

@rencpa

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me! This was helpful and definitely encouraging. Gotta keep it going!!

FAR - 76 (Lost credit), 76
    AUD - 80
    BEC - 76
    REG - 75

Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

rencpa
    Participant

You are welcome, Operation_CPA.

I probably confused you guys before. My question is, “Do we have ANY pretest Simulation on the BEC exam?” (besides the WC) Asking about the one with calculations, drop down, etc.

During my exam in December, *I* devoted so much time on one of them. The more I think about that specific simulation, the more I believe that it was a pretest simulations.This made me have not enough time for the WC (which will never be easy in my case).

Any thoughts after I rephrased my question? Strongly appreciate any reply.

Bourne
    Participant

There's one pretest in the normal sims and also a pretest in WC

AUD- 82
    REG- 86
    FAR- 86
    BEC- 88
    rencpa
    Participant

Wish I knew this in December! Thanks a lot Bourne! This news made my day!

khtchiu
    Participant

Hello everyone, I am from Hong Kong and took BEC and AUD on 20 and 23 Feb. Currently waiting for score release for the first time. Very nervous. Plan to move forward to FAR in Q3 and REG in Q4 2018.

kmgentil
    Participant

Was that your first time taking both @ khtchiu ?

AUD - 92
    BEC - 88
    FAR - 84
    REG - 90
    AUD - 92 - 4/13/2018

BEC - 88 - 2/16/2018

FAR - 84 - 8/28/2018

REG - 90 - 6/9/2018

Viewing 15 replies - 301 through 315 (of 328 total)
  • The topic ‘BEC Study Group – Q1 2018 - Page 21’ is closed to new replies.