AUD Study Group – October/November 2012 - Page 26

Viewing 15 replies - 376 through 390 (of 392 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    LSNYC

I am feeling ok about the exam. 10 days to go, I need to work on the different type of reports and really reviewing them a few times. My MCQ are still around 70%, I am also trying to work on some more SIMS. If all goes well at work this week I will have Friday off for an extra study day. Trying to get about 30 more minutes of studying in tonight and about 3 hours tomorrow.

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!
    R - 71, 73, 74, 69, 77!!!!

Finally done!

This is my 2nd attempt at the exam, I had two parts passed (failed many) and I stupidly quit, big mistake. Now I'm back and with a vengeance!

Found about 200 more flashcards from Becker behind my bookshelf yesterday…

*le sigh*

B 71 - 79 EXPIRED
    A 69 - 75 EXPIRED
    R 65 - 48 - 45
    F 56 - 61 - 65 - 64

Becker, Wiley Test Bank, Wiley Text and Ninja Notes

"The fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream" -311

Experience - Done, like WAAAY done.
    Still need 30 more credits, in basket weaving (gotta love new CA requirements)

make_yourself
    Participant

Nothing constructive here, just a rant….

Doing the simulations for AUD 4 in Becker, skipped them the first time I went through the material because the transaction cycles section frustrated me to no end. I want to repeatedly bang my head against a wall. Did anyone else get stuck in AUD 4?

I scored 80+ on the MCQ in every other section of every chapter the first time around, and 90+ on most during review, but for some reason the simulations in this chapter are making me want to tear my hair out.

FAR - 81 (07/24/2012)
    BEC - 92 (10/06/2012)
    AUD - 92 (11/29/2012)
    REG - 88 (02/28/2013)

Ethics - 90

California Licensed CPA - 12/2013

LSNYC

This is just a vent as well….bad end to a good day at work, and I am so worked up about it I am finding it hard to concentrate on studying. Hoping a little venting will make me feel better, I did get in a bunch of Wiley practice sessions I just feel like they didn't get my 100% attention…

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!

Finally done!

This is my 2nd attempt at the exam, I had two parts passed (failed many) and I stupidly quit, big mistake. Now I'm back and with a vengeance!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here's another vent — i finished reading 5 chapters of aud and still, i dont get the damn thing! Out of the three sections i have studies, audit is the least interesting — probably why i am having such a hard time with it uggghh

LSNYC

Am I crazy? So I read NINJA notes best on my commute, I usually take the PATH it's about a 12 minute ride plus waiting time, with no cell phone reception. So round trip I would read approx 20-25 pages a day and could get through all NINJA notes in about a week and could read the notes about 5-7 times for a test. However my PATH train has been down since Sandy. My new commute is by ferry and I find it much harder to read NINJA notes on the ferry, the commute is shorter, I get slightly sea sick if I read on the ferry and the fact that I have cell phone reception has me on my phone, checking email texting ect.

So here is why I think I'm crazy, I am actually considering taking a subway ride everyday with no purpose but to read notes for 20-30 minutes. Is this crazy? I feel like at home I should be doing MCQ and SIMS, reading on public transit was working for me. Not so much right now, is this nuts?

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!

Finally done!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ AnnaMay84 – I feel the same way.. its hard to concentrate on something that is so boring.. I have finished all 6 chapters and I am having trouble taking some of this information in.

Anyone got a good plan on how to study for transaction cycles? Im reading it over and over and its still not working for me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@cjnc201

You should remember Revenue and Expenditure Cycle “Flowchart.”

Actually the cycle concepts are in reality used only to make audits efficiently depending upon internal controls related to each cycle. However in CPA exam, I bet things to remember as cycles are limited to the foregoing flowcharts.

For others, simply think ARC(IC) and remember techniques(procedures) to test assertions.

saucesah

I took time and reflected (at work because i needed a break)… and here is what i came up with.

1) I second guess myself, a lot! So, I found it helpful to jot down little notes on the scrap paper the testing center gives you BEFORE starting the exam. It took me about 5 min at the most (ex. Audit Risk model relationships, etc). This way, when I felt like i was second guessing myself, I would look down at my scrap paper and voila, confirmation! – that's assuming I wrote it down correctly. 🙂

2) MCQs and more MCQs! I won't lie, the first time I took REG (early this month) – I didn't study as much as I hoped i was going to be able to (probably 2-3 weeks of TOTAL studying). I can tell you all the stupid excuses, but I won't since it won't change the outcome. Obviously, i failed. However, with the amount of studying, lack there of anyway, I hammered MCQ's until the night before my exam. And, surprisingly, i did a lot better than i felt. 5 points shy, 2-3 weeks of MCQ's – I'd say that is a major accomplishment for myself.

3) PRO in procrastinator. I'm that person that says – i'll apply for my NTS later. I don't know about you all but my “later” can mean 2 weeks, 3 months, even next year. Same goes for studying… It's January and I want to take my exam in July, that's more than enough time to study. And then, wait for it….BOOM! 1 month out… and you're getting 50's on your practice tests… yep, that's me! My resolution- I put stickies around the house, especially a countdown on the back of the front door, so i have to look at it before i walk out of my house everyday. Ok – i have 3 months to study, I say to myself walking out of the house. Or, even just applying and scheduling the exam ahead of time lights a fire under my bum. (I usually schedule my exams 1 month out – which is usually when my NTS is about to expire. TSK TSK!)

4) Attitude. My boyfriend likes to tell me… “You gotta go in there and let it know you're going to win.” (PG version for you young soles). And, he's right. The first time taking FAR – which my score was FAR off, i was nervous and i kept second guessing myself – and of course that's coupled with not being prepared… but it helps to have a mental attitude and be confident in what you know.

5) HOLY BUCKETS! I need to pass my exams already.

Today, I became a cool kid.

AUD - Passed
    REG - Passed
    BEC - Passed
    FAR - Passed

Anonymous
    Inactive

One week to go and I feel pretty confident about Audit. What do you think is the best way to make use of this final week? Should I just keep doing non-stop progress tests?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just took the AUD section of the CPA exam on Tuesday and it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. As I was going through the multiple choice questions, I felt like things were going too well. Based on the questions, I think I received a medium, medium, and hard testlet. The simulations were ridiculous, however, I used the research tab to guide me through them. I just dont know what to think. I really would hate to take this again. Especially after taking Regulation twice and finally passed with a 76. I think I am literally losing my mind thinking about what I might have gotten wrong..even dreaming about this exam.

Alright, folks. (hah!)

Testing in less than five hours…whew.

Re-typed all my Becker Flashcards last night. Just took my first comprehensive practice and got a 70%. I'm actually feeling confident!

Planning to show up early and review the different types of engagements in car…

Good luck to the rest of you! I will let you know how I do!

B 71 - 79 EXPIRED
    A 69 - 75 EXPIRED
    R 65 - 48 - 45
    F 56 - 61 - 65 - 64

Becker, Wiley Test Bank, Wiley Text and Ninja Notes

"The fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream" -311

Experience - Done, like WAAAY done.
    Still need 30 more credits, in basket weaving (gotta love new CA requirements)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well…. just got home after my AUD exam…. Not sure how to feel about it. All testlets felt about medium… the simulations, at first, seemed difficult, until I used the literature tab for some assistance. Is December 8 still the expected release date for our scores?

LSNYC

Big study weekend for me! Audit next Thursday trying to get about 3 hours in tonight and 6 hours tomorrow and Sunday.

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!

Finally done!

Anonymous
    Inactive

We are taking it the same day, LSNYC. How are you preparing in these final days?

Viewing 15 replies - 376 through 390 (of 392 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.