AUD Study Group – October/November 2012 - Page 2

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 392 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    pacific1
    Participant

I am in for AUD this testing window! I take REG in 5 weeks and then I have 5 weeks to study for AUD hopefully at the end of November.

Good luck to all taking AUD this testing window!

Tootsie

@Sonyafm, I have been reading the text and writing notes either as I read or at the end of each chapter. I do the practice questions after each section in the chapter too. I take my time and do not rush through the material.

My previous study habits: read and did the practice questions after each section, used other sources in addition to Becker (poor choice for me because sources were not laid out at all like Becker), and rushed through the material.

I strongly recommend reading and taking notes first. And then review your notes and do the practice problems. That has really helped me.

FAR - 76
    AUD - 88!!! DONE!!!!!!!!
    BEC - 76
    REG - 77

never, never, never give up

Shay

@Sonyafm and @Alpa how much of ISA vs US standards do we have to know. I see a block on every other page in Becker, but no questions is Passmaster.

I continued A3 today. so far I liked the Audit Risk section in AUD. everything else is boring..

TAXMAN710

I'm in! I failed with the dreaded 74 on August 25th, so I have a rematch scheduled on 10/08. I have to pass this time around because will I loose BEC after this window and have a baby due 10/25…. need all the help I can get!!

REG-July 12
    BEC-May 12
    FAR-July 12
    AUD-October 12

Shay

@Tootsie.. I pretty much do what you do. DO NOT rush. Good tips

Today I finished A3.5. Tommorow I will finish A3 and start A4 🙂

@Taxman good luck focus on ur weakness. Don't take exam early in Oct. Prepare yourself well. You have plenty of time

Sonyafm

@ Shay, about your question how much ISA vs US standards….I took it twice and I always had one or two questions in this subject. Ninja does a good job listing the major differences…Becker has a section at the end that lists differences too but it's more lengthy. I liked Ninja and it serves you well.

gaboo1724

Hey Guys! I am took AUD August 30th and got a 70. Being honest with myself I didn't really study like I should have. So this time around I am going to study every single day until the exam re-take (which I should have already been doing, but life makes it hard). I feel like I need to be held accountable to someone, because promising myself that I will study hasn't worked yet. So I will let you know every week if I made my goal and hit the books every week 🙂

Lets pass this things!!!!

Tootsie

A lot of AUD exam re-takers here. Just did a progress test for A1-A3 and scored a 98, wuhoo!

I forgot to mention that I am also using Ninja notes. I don't rely heavily on them, but I do review them from time to time.

FAR - 76
    AUD - 88!!! DONE!!!!!!!!
    BEC - 76
    REG - 77

never, never, never give up

Sonyafm

@gaboo1724 same thing with me…I also received a 70 in Aug, I but didn't study very hard either…only on the weekends. But this time I am study every day, re writing the NINJA notes and writing the MCQ correct answers for the ones I don't do well.

I am with you promising to myself that I am going to put 2 hrs a day and study 8 hours every weekend it hasn't worked …so I think I'll promise to the group and you that I'll study for 2 hours every day and 8 hours every weekend. DEAL!

I promise I'll post what I have done every day. Let's count on each other to stay motivated!

Anonymous
    Inactive

has anyone used the wiley book for AUD and what are your thoughts on how well the text prepares you for AUD? thanks!

Shay

So far I'm only one posting stats on AUD study

I finished upto A4.1 today.

I felt in A3 Internal Control were repeat of BEC internal control material. I feel good about only this section so far.

nimmle02

wooo! I like this plan…Audit October 5th, starting A4 today 🙂

REG - 5/21/2012 - 85
    FAR - 7/24/2012 - 86
    BEC - 8/27/2012 - 85
    AUD - 10/5/2012 - 72....rematch 1/3/13 (waiting)

M

half way thru A3. will complete A3 by this eve!

src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

“If you dont have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?"
    FAR - 64, 81... exp 11/30/13
    AUD - 54, 67 Retake Jan
    BEC - Feb 28th
    REG - TBD

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey everyone! been lurking the forum for awhile now and decided to join and share in the discussion. I am 25 working full time at a CPA firm. I have 2.5 years in tax and audit, mostly non for profits and other agencies that receive federal funding.

I have started studying AUD using Becker self study materials. I am only 30 pages into the Becker text and already have 12 pages of notes! Also working the multiple choice problems. Thinking Wiley test bank would be a good supplement. I started with using the text only but feel that the Becker video provides helpful acronyms to remember things. Planning to tackle the exam November 13.

How hard are they hitting ISA standards? I haven't put much time into them when reading the text and the 2010 videos makes little mention of them.

Shay

Today I didn't focus on reading much A4.2 and A4.3 and went straight to HW question. It became boring. Do you think its good idea to just goto HW??

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 392 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.