AUD Study Group – October/November 2012 - Page 25

Viewing 15 replies - 361 through 375 (of 392 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    love2passcpa

Hello fellow candidates:

I am a little bit frustrated,tired,and sad, and need help from all of you guys. I started my CPA journey with FAR back in April/ 2010. I studied with KAPLAN review course and took the test on 08/31/10 and passed it with a score of 80. I was very happy to pass it in the first try. Now since my socre has expired, I am studying for it now and I am scheduled to take it on 11/26/12. Now I am using BECKER.Since I have started studying for FAR, a lot of material that I enconter are not familiar at all. Has the content changed so dramatically. How I can take advantage of the hard work and sweat that I put into it in 2010. Especially I need help from folks who have the same experience as mine. I have already thrown out all the material that I used then. How naive and supid I was. I thought I would be able to pass all four parts on first try, but boy I was wrong. The only thing I kept is the “power point” print outs with my notes. Should I go back and review those. Please whoever is reading this post if you can help me do so. I really appreciate for your help and hope that you pass CPA exam your first try. Thank you

FAR PASSED
    BEC PASSED
    REG PASSED
    AUD PASSED

TaxThreat

Alright….exam #LAST ONE let's do this. 2 weeks to study and still on A2….CPA Gods please have mercey on this tax accountant!

REG - 7/2/12 - 88
    BEC - 7/25/12 - 83
    FAR - 10/01/12 - 86
    AUD - 11/24/12 - 90
    Ethics -DONE

Florida:
    AUD: 73, 81! Thank you Lord!
    BEC: 73, 77! Thank you Lord! and WTB
    REG: 71, 82! Thank you Lord! and A71
    FAR: 72, 78! Thank you God and my Mommy in Heaven!

CPA Excel, Ninja Notes & Audio, Wiley Test Bank, CPAreviewforfree

kathy7150

Does anyone know about SIM 2 of all problems in A1 in Becker? How to get the point for each questions

Please kindly help me to solve the confused point

thanks

LSNYC

Really trying to get back on track and it isn't working, got about 45 minutes of studying in today. I have a nasty cold so I hit a wall at about 10pm the last few nights.

Going to review some notes and hope to have a better studying day tomorrow.

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!
    R - 71, 73, 74, 69, 77!!!!

Finally done!

This is my 2nd attempt at the exam, I had two parts passed (failed many) and I stupidly quit, big mistake. Now I'm back and with a vengeance!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello guys,

What would you say are the most important chapters/info to KNOW for this exam??

Lisa_Jane
    Participant

@AnnaMay84

I would say for sure Internal Control, Reporting, Risk, Evidence, Review. I am taking Yaeger review and they say focus on all of them. Sampling and Computers are mixed in. Internal Control is tricky so I did an outline of the module and I feel good about it. Also, I did a summary chart for audit opinions. My exam is in 2 weeks.

FAR Passed 5/28/14
    AUD Passed 1/22/13
    BEC Passed 7/12/13
    REG Passed 5/9/14
    Virginia CPA license issued July 2014

Lisa_Jane
    Participant

@love2passcpa

I passed FAR this year after I took it before and failed. I think the exam got tougher each time. Don't worry about the old material you threw out. Just make sure your current study materials are up to date. Read the text so that you understand the principles behind the questions and practice the calculations. If you don't really understand what is behind the calculations you can't do them. Try to do some study every day. The more you study the easier it will get and you can do practice tests. Know how to do journal entries, too. They test on the basic stuff but it is a LOT of varied topics. You do have to be familiar with everything, but you can do it!

FAR Passed 5/28/14
    AUD Passed 1/22/13
    BEC Passed 7/12/13
    REG Passed 5/9/14
    Virginia CPA license issued July 2014

LSNYC

Just under 2 weeks till my exam. I am scoring about 70% on all of my practice sessions (MCQ) which I think is pretty good with today off i am hoping to get a few hours of studying in and tomorrow as well. Tomorrow I want to spend a few hour working on SIMS since I got weaker on them and think that is a major reason I didn't pass last time. I got about 2 hours in yesterday which was good.

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!
    R - 71, 73, 74, 69, 77!!!!

Finally done!

This is my 2nd attempt at the exam, I had two parts passed (failed many) and I stupidly quit, big mistake. Now I'm back and with a vengeance!

Anonymous
    Inactive

how important are the financial ratios in the AUD exam??

striving4cpa

Everything Becker has in their study guide is important, including the financial ratios for audit. Better know them!!!!!

B - 84 May 2012
    A - 69 Aug 2012 (retake Nov '12 - 86)
    R - 73 April 2012,(retake Jul '12 - 83)
    F - 87 Feb 2012

Texas CPA - Licensed Dec 2012

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just took Becker practice exam #1 and my overall score was around a 79. Do you think I am in good shape?

audio, I would say you are in good shape. It is important, however to make sure you understand the material and aren't just memorizing.

This is my final week before I go into battle and I feel totally unprepared and bummed I didn't use my time wisely. Planning on nailing down the different types of reports and independence rules before going in…these killed me last time.

Good luck, friends!

B 71 - 79 EXPIRED
    A 69 - 75 EXPIRED
    R 65 - 48 - 45
    F 56 - 61 - 65 - 64

Becker, Wiley Test Bank, Wiley Text and Ninja Notes

"The fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream" -311

Experience - Done, like WAAAY done.
    Still need 30 more credits, in basket weaving (gotta love new CA requirements)

Anonymous
    Inactive

just got out of AUD and my head is spinning @.@”

stephbarone

I took AUD this afternoon and it was my third time attempting the exam. I prepared this time much more than I did for the last two and was really hoping to do well. The first testlet was unbelievably hard and had several questions that I had never even seen before. The second was easier and the third was the easiest (obviously not a good sign).

The sims weren't too bad, just remember to utilize the authoritative literature when you can!

My suggestion to everyone is read the book that you are studying from. The lectures and MC don't cover every detail and I felt like a lot of the material on my exam was insignificant facts that I would only know from reading the book front to back.

Hope this helps!

FAR - 71, 75
    AUD - 63, 69, 77
    BEC - 61, 76
    REG - 65, 81 DONE!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 361 through 375 (of 392 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.