[Q2] AUD Study Group 2014 - Page 60

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

I’ve had a few requests for April/May Study Groups…March will be here before you know it.

In order to take an early April exam, you should begin studying…now. šŸ™‚

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 8 replies - 886 through 893 (of 893 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Just got back from my Exam. 2nd time taking AUD and definitely felt more comfortable with the questions and the wording trying to trick me up. Everyone and their brother was at the testing center, so had to wait like 25 minutes for my 8 am exam. Ended up starting around 8:15 and the exam took me about 3.5 hours.

I would rate the teslets as MED / HARD / MED (but easier than 1st testlet IMO). Flagged 4 on the 1st testlet, 8 on the 2nd, but im pretty sure half of those were pre-test since they were crazy, and about 4 on the last testlet since it was material that didnt seem like it was covered in depth so took an educated guess.

SIMS went much much much better than last time. Was able to nail the research question right away, and find 3 of the other SIMS pretty much word for word from the AL. Had a somewhat FAR SIM that I think I got half right, and the other 2 are a toss up, probably 60% right on each one.

Next weekend cant come soon enough when the grades come out, really hoping to hit that 75 mark

AUD - 5/30/14

NYCaccountant
    Participant

For those who have taken the exam, How does the 2013 Released questions compare with the exam?

AUD - 99
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    NYC born and raised.

FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    BEC - 84!!!!
    AUD - 99!!!!!! CPA exam complete.

@CPAer, Sorry I had my exam this morning, so I'm responding now. Well the right answer was obvious so I purposely did not post it, I kind of wanted to see if anyone knew of any guidance that said they “must” have an engagement letter. I thought those two in juxtaposition were a little scary(for lack of a better word).

The correct answer was ” A review provides an accountant with a basis for expressing limited assurance on the financial statements.”

JamesBJames
    Participant

Engagement letters are weird. Becker really seemed to emphasize that they're not absolutely mandatory for compilations and reviews. I believe they used the phrase, “presumptively mandatory”; that is, you need something that acts and serves as an engagement letter, and it needs to be included in the audit documentation similarly, but it doesn't have to be a standard engagement letter.

And then in all the MCQs, they were all, “Better have that engagement letter!” I guess departures are rare.

FAR: May 1st, 2014 - 91
    AUD: May 29th, 2014 - 97!
    BEC: July 16th, 2014 - 91
    REG: August 29th, 2014 - 88

Licensed December 2015

Feel free to add me on LinkedIn by clicking my username!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just took the test. 3rd testlet was half in spanish. Easy sims. Pretty sure I shredded it. If I failed it I would be shocked and drive my car into a cement wall. It was brutal but I made it through pretty well IMO in reference to 3rd testlet

MinSeokYi
    Participant

Goodluck to everyone taking it today.

BEC: Passed
    REG: Passed
    FAR: Almost Past (lol)
    AUD: I thought I passed with flying colors, but I wasn't close!

thehip41
    Participant

Passed this time. Thankfully.

FAR - 83
    AUD - 73 92
    BEC - 83
    REG - 88

Licensed CPA in the state of Michigan

thehip41
    Participant

Passed this time. Thankfully.

FAR - 83
    AUD - 73 92
    BEC - 83
    REG - 88

Licensed CPA in the state of Michigan

Viewing 8 replies - 886 through 893 (of 893 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.