[Q2] AUD Study Group 2014 - Page 59

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

I’ve had a few requests for April/May Study Groups…March will be here before you know it.

In order to take an early April exam, you should begin studying…now. šŸ™‚

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 871 through 885 (of 893 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If it's on the Content Specific Outline, then it is fair game on the exam! End of story. End of Discussion. Please do not ask if something is “heavily tested”, “possibly tested”, and certainly don't say “Oh crap, it was tested!” No one wants to lose a license before they actually get it.

Qlad

Enjoying the discussion….i was the culprit to ask about tick marks….oops!!! šŸ˜‰ …but i was just curious about if anyone paying any attention to a sim as a tickmark question…not if anyone had a sim on it… and i am thankful to @zieba to explain how to solve those kinds…

FAR 72,71,81 šŸ™‚
    AUD 64,71, 72, 75 šŸ™‚ I'm done !!!
    REG 73, 74, 74, 84 šŸ™‚
    BEC 76 šŸ™‚

katerina2665
    Participant

hey guys, quick question, i was doing some cleaning in my closet and found Gleim 2011 CPA Review. Is it still relevant to give someone or should i just toss it? Cause i know there were some changes a year or two back in Audit (at least in Becker)

NYS CPA since December, 2016

Taking AUD tomorrow at 12:30.. I feel like I have so much general knowledge but not enough specific knowledge. So stressed!! Good luck to everyone also taking it tomorrow! šŸ™‚

BEC - 87!
    FAR - 83!
    AUD - 80!
    REG - 76!

I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!

*Used Becker to study and the NINJA forums for moral support!*

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

@ReadyToGraduate I feel exactly the same, I think its my usage of WTB that makes me feel this way.

I ran into conflicting(from my current perception) questions on WTB today, can somebody help me clarify

“Which of the following statements is correct regarding a review engagement of a nonpublic companyā€™s financial statements performed in accordance with the Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARS)?

A. An accountant must establish an understanding with the client in an engagement letter.”

A. was not the answer in this case. Explanation: “While an engagement letter is desirable, it is not required”

“Which of the following must be obtained in a review of a nonpublic company?

Engagement letter Representation letter

A. Yes Yes”

A was the answer here. explanation, “…A review requires both.”

Qlad

@Hudini…both answers r right bcoz SSARS is applicable for “Compilations” too…which do not require but is desirable

FAR 72,71,81 šŸ™‚
    AUD 64,71, 72, 75 šŸ™‚ I'm done !!!
    REG 73, 74, 74, 84 šŸ™‚
    BEC 76 šŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ Hudini.

That is odd…

what was the answer to the first question?

@Qlad

The first question states “Which of the following statements is correct regarding a review* engagement…”

I agree that compilations don't require representation letters, but require engagement letters.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yea a review engagement letter is mandatory, compilation rep letters are not mandatory if not being distributed to a 3rd party. Should of gone with the Becker review, they dont confuse people. I only thing i've had a problem with is the phrase “limited procedures” as in becker it means: Read the other stuff presented with F/S and auditors report. Then for comparative periods pertaining to the predecessor auditor reissuing a report its means : Read over the F/S to make sure its still appropriate, obtain letter from sucessor, obtain to rep letter.

JamesBJames
    Participant

Gonna write-up my exam experience in a moment or two. Fastest four hours ever.

FAR: May 1st, 2014 - 91
    AUD: May 29th, 2014 - 97!
    BEC: July 16th, 2014 - 91
    REG: August 29th, 2014 - 88

Licensed December 2015

Feel free to add me on LinkedIn by clicking my username!

zieba
    Participant

We basically hi-jacked the study thread and turned it into an exam experience thread. We are all bad ass. JBJ, let's hear it.

AUD - 75*, 88 done 5/14! (*exp)
    BEC - 74 , 77
    REG - 65 , 76 (10 point combooo!!)
    FAR - 69 , 75

Dr: perseverance
    Dr: intelligence
    Dr: luck
    . Cr: . advisory score

JamesBJames
    Participant

Yeah, dang — I just backed up and read the past 12 hours of messages. Anyway, I'll cross-post from the experience topic:

Just got back from tackling AUD.

I went in confidently. I got 85% on the first Becker practice exam and 82% on the second, and I knew that if I could just keep my confidence throughout the test, I would be fine.

The first testlet was not hard at all. I marked 2-3, I think. What I like about audit is that sometimes, even if you don't know the right answer, you know the other three answers just can't be right. It's also a lot easier to narrow things down to a 50-50 shot if you're not sure. Finished the first testlet in 25 minutes, then spent another 10 on review, looking over everything in detail. “Wow! This isn't bad at all!” I lied.

The second testlet was rough. There were a ton of questions I was in between two options on, and it started asking some very specific things. I think I marked 4, but there were another 3-4 that I was only 60%+ confident in. After 42 minutes total, I decided to bite the bullet and move on.

I don't know if the third testlet was medium or hard, but I felt like it played to my strengths, at least. I'm thinking it might have been hard — ELEVEN questions with “except for,” “is not,” “the least,” etc.!! On the whole, it seemed to test more general knowledge but insisted that you be well-versed in whatever it asked. There was also one question that I know for a fact was never brought up in Becker. I'm hoping that was pre-test. I spent about 35 minutes on this as well.

2:08 going into the simulations.

But then something weird happened. Even though it said “Auditing and Attestation” in the top-left corner, the first SIM was FAR-related. And then the second one I chose was, too. Good thing I did well in FAR. If I hadn't taken FAR before this, it honestly would have been really tough to understand what needed to be done.

Two research questions. I do wonder if they give the same ones to all of us. One that I found in literally 20 seconds and one where I'm fairly sure I narrowed it down to the right topic but wasn't sure how broad / specific a paragraph they were looking for. I spent 20 minutes on that. Couldn't really find anything better than my original answer. I read the whole stupid thing.

So, being an accountant, I realized there were three SIMs left. I feel like I did incredibly well on the first two I picked — possibly even perfect — and I clicked on the last SIM feeling great.

Nope. Like FAR, the simulation I saved for last just crushed me. Six boxes. Six boxes of hell. If I got two or three of them right, I'll be incredibly happy.

Oh, and using the authoritative literature to help with SIMs? Not for me. I saw that some people said they found some answers verbatim in the authoritative literature, but I found *nothing* for any of mine. I spent a lot of time looking up phrases and exhibits and… well, sometimes it's just not in there. =(

So on the whole (and combined with my Becker scores) I probably passed. I feel like I did incredibly well on testlets 1 and 3, and even if I didn't do great on 2, it was a noticeable step up in difficulty. I made sure to read all the questions at least three times before moving on to each successive testlet, and I don't think I let too much pass me by. I feel amazing on three of the SIMs, really good on three of the SIMs, and awful on one.

I'll find out in a week. Study break until then!

FAR: May 1st, 2014 - 91
    AUD: May 29th, 2014 - 97!
    BEC: July 16th, 2014 - 91
    REG: August 29th, 2014 - 88

Licensed December 2015

Feel free to add me on LinkedIn by clicking my username!

zieba
    Participant

Who is the statistics guy here? From personal observation, people who post scores in the 90's and high 80's tend to post the same scores throughout. I got good news for you; it is statistically unlikely that you will fail and of your exams. Sound good?

I honestly have NOT seen a 90, 85, 74, 91.. it just does not happen.

AUD - 75*, 88 done 5/14! (*exp)
    BEC - 74 , 77
    REG - 65 , 76 (10 point combooo!!)
    FAR - 69 , 75

Dr: perseverance
    Dr: intelligence
    Dr: luck
    . Cr: . advisory score

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had a friend who got 99,91,85,76. Or something along those lines. He said he decreased studying every time tho, so just keep the studying up and everyone is ok

husker4

Hey guys, I've been lurking on here for the past month while I study for AUD. It was my first test, and I took it today. I can say that I probably got about an 80-85% on the MCQ. Becker definitely prepared me well for that. The simulations were so out of left field though. One was about derivatives and I just had no idea… completely guessed on all 12 boxes. Had 2 research questions, one of which took me close to 30 minutes to find. The MCQ might hopefully save my dreadful first experience with sims… we'll see! Good luck to everyone tomorrow. By the way, should i take BEC or REG next? Going to take it July 1!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Take FAR, that test sucks so bad its better to get it over with sooner than later.

Viewing 15 replies - 871 through 885 (of 893 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.