[Q2] AUD Study Group 2014 - Page 3

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

I’ve had a few requests for April/May Study Groups…March will be here before you know it.

In order to take an early April exam, you should begin studying…now. šŸ™‚

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 893 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    hdiaz

Taking AUD April 01… Will find out Friday / Monday if I passed BEC (took 02/28). If all goes as planned, will have all 4 exams done 05/31!

Study plans: already retyped the NINJA notes twice (works better for me than writing out). Now I'm reading the Wiley book and adding to the NINJA notes. That will be done after this weekend. Then onto MCQ – I like to do about 100 a night (3 hours or so, once you add in writing down / highlighting the stuff I got wrong). Along with that is reading my notes over and over again – about 1 hour a day. PLUS listening to lectures on Audio while I drive to / from work (45 min commute each way). SIMs will be hit the weekend before the exam. Worked for REG, think it worked for BEC, hopefully will work for AUD.

Don't have much of a life for the next couple of months…

Done!!!!

kristendail

Hi everyone!!! Going to shoot for taking AUD the end of May………..just finished taking REG on 2/28 for the 2nd time and hoping that I do pass this time. I used Becker for my REG exams, but just purchased the Wiley Testbank to supplement with and I am wondering if I should also purchase the NINJA or Whley notes. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I definitely feel that I have no life right now but I am sure all of this time away from family will be worth it in the end. I work full time and have 2 kids. I spend my days working and studying after work, with my weekends consumed with my head in a book or in front of the computer. I need to start with my study plan as March is already underway and time is getting away from me already.

Will be back to update soon!!!

REG 71 (retake 2/28)
    AUD - May 2014
    FAR - Oct 2014
    BEC - Jan 2015

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh god…Tim Gearty is doing an awful job teaching Audit. He is essentially just reading the text. No explanations what so ever. Rarely does he offer any useful tips. The only time I understand his lecture is when there is a video where he talks n not reads..And those videos are far in between..As it is Audit is proving to be a hard subject and he is making it harder.

I wish I could switch to Roger instead but cant spend that kinda $$. Is anyone here using ninja audio for Audit? Should I buy it? I was going to wait and buy it after finishing the lectures in Becker.

ragepsn29
    Participant

ayafzal78, if you have the money I think you should buy Ninja Audio. It's a great additional tool for your study material. If you don't feel like reading or doing MC questions, you can just listen to Ninja Audio. You can even listen to Ninja Audio while you're in bed before going to sleep lol.

Okay Ninjas, I have a question. Who are those in charged with governance? It's audit committee, board of directors, and who else? Am I missing anyone?

Thanks.

AUD - 65, 72, 70, 74, 81
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 66, 71, 76
    REG - 69, 65, 82

AUD - 65, 72, 70, 74, 81
    FAR - 66, 71, 76
    REG - 69
    BEC - 80

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ragepsn..Thanks. I think I will buy the audio after all. I just bought the ninja flashcards at the unbeatable price but for some reason am unable to get them to work on my iphone. Will try figuring it out soon though.

As for your question abt governance..I think you are right. That's all the governing bodies as far as I know but I know only as far as 2 chapters šŸ™‚

hdiaz

@ayafzal78 I second @ragepsn29 – the Audio is worth it.

@ragepsn29 – BofD, Audit Committee, and Management (those in charge of the financial statements).

Done!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Taking AUD sometime in the middle of April and using Yaeger/Wiley/Ninja Notes. Anyone else also using Yaeger? I have no audit experience and just one audit class so I don't have alot of background knowledge. I am through the first two modules and it seems that the questions must be read very carefully as there are little key words that Wiley tries to trick you with, more so than the other sections I've taken. Cindy always says in the previous videos that there could be four correct answers and you have to choose the BEST correct answer. That seems to be the case so far in AUD.

oblio

Anyone else using the new Wiley CPAExcel test bank? I've had two study sessions disappear after pausing it and the most recent attempt was not recording my answers at all, nor was there an ‘end' button – I could only restart or pause. I think I will use the legacy test bank while it's still available.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hopefully retaking AUD in April.

I've decided that studying for an exam is like Lent. For both you give up the things you love for a time, and both require prayer. (Though I think the CPA exam requires more prayer “Dear Lord, help me pass!!)

The only difference is that six weeks feels like an eternity during Lent, whereas when you are studying for the exam, six weeks goes by in a blink of an eye and all of a sudden it's testing day and you should have started studying earlier!! Then time slows to a crawl waiting for the results.

keishalove

I took AUD in May of 2013 right before they switch over to the new information that would be tested. However i only study 3 of the chapters, I failed with a 55. I study more information this time. I went in feeling as though i was going to pass. The MCQ were easy. I was so happy to just sit there and feel like i had it done pack. When i got to the SIMS, I just wanted to cry. There were so hard. I failed with a 61. The crazy thing is, the first set of SIMS I tested on back in May were easy but I just didnt know enough to get the MCQ down pack. I am using Becker. I see around the forum that there are ninja notes. What advice can some give to me. Is there anything that really helps with the SIMS. After I failed in May it took me 8 months to start the process over. I was about to give up. I refuse to stop this time. I am going to start back with AUD. I refuse to give up on my dream.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Guys I think this is the year for many of us.

I couldn't progress in these three days as I commit to the gym and recharge energy.

Tomorrow I expect to be done with internal control and Sunday with MCQ. Monday I start with other topic!

I'm committed on this. AUD, I will kill you šŸ™‚

I don't want to think in failure as I did in FAR.. this time I'm getting ready my knife for this animal.

lvr21

I'm in!!! I have to beat audit!! This is my last test and I'm SOOO over studying for this thing!!! I want my life back!

This is a retake.. I hate audit …

How are y'all studying??

{R: PASSED!! (I passed one!)}
    {B: PASSED!! (Halfway there!)}
    {F: PASSED!! (1 left!!!)}
    {A: PASSED(I am done!!)}

Anonymous
    Inactive

@lv I came quickly to the forum to check my friends, in few hours I head to the library until 5pm and then come back for more studying..

Powerful weekendddddddddddddddd

smsingla

Just found out that I passed FAR so now to my next and final section AUD. I am planning to take AUD in April. I m going to use Yeager CPA review course, WTB and Ninja notes. Lets do it together

REG 81
    BEC 74,65,78
    FAR 79
    AUD 85 DONE!!!

heatherMC
    Participant

I took my AUD on 2/20 .The thing is AUD scores 74, very frustrated since totally believing in could pass. Anyway, I just applied for AUD. One question, is it possible for me to retake it on April?

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 893 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.