REG Study Group April/May 2013 - Page 30

Viewing 15 replies - 436 through 450 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Got the test on the 29th! starting to get nervous.. feel good about my studying and im trying to really push hard these last couple weeks but already starting to get butterflys in my stomach thinkng about sitting and taking reg!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@dsteele I'm taking the exam on the 27th! Instead of getting excited, I'm getting nervous. There's a lot of information covered on this exam and I'm having trouble with Corporate income tax. Ohh well, time to buckle down and study hard. Good luck to you!

@Mel4CPA, hey, I became a bore since got married!

And now, more or less a hermit with all the consequences like being socially akward, not following any news, any threads, nothing but Another 71 + Becker online and email. No FB, minimum phone calls, study study study until the D-day! That's how bad it gets.

OT: Have been listening today for hours the business law covered by Peter Olinto, and must comment on his shining presentation of the subject. He is so passionate and makes it easy. I don't have any gain to recommend Becker but will say that having several law professors that I though were brilliant, Peter still beats them by his cheerful and passionate personality.

Great review progress happens when candidate enjoys listening to the lecture presentation!

As result, I got fired up and conquered extra MCQs (used cpareviewforfree) in addition to Becker ones despite running a cold and taking decongestants!

Becker Class of Jan - Aug 2013: FARB DONE!!!!
    CPA license pending 🙂

I know this is kinda lame but when I listen to this song, it pumps me up for the day. I haven't listened to it in a while so tomorrow will be a good day to start off with it and hopefully I can knock out a lot of hours tomorrow.

Chamillionaire – “Good Morning” (It's a haters song and I always think about CPAs when I listen to it and it pumps me up to study)

Power Weekend ahead. Good luck everyone.

AUD 73 (Aug 12) 77
    BEC 66 71 (Nov 12) 80
    REG 54 81 (May 13) 81
    FAR 63 (Dec 13) 75 TEXAS

smp73

Super Power weekend here. Test is Wednesday. I also have Monday and Tuesday off from work. I have a feeling I will study more in the next 4 days than I ever have in my life. The way I look it it is I am doing this so I can finally have my life back and ditch the hermit life style.

I am not sure if it has been said before but I figured I would mention it. I was working on like kind exchange problems last night and I found it really helps if I make a column called “Gave” and list all the things they gave up and then another column with “received” and list all the things they received. For me it is easier to recognize what is boot and on what side of the transaction the boot is coming from.

Happy Studying! (Ps there is more coffee and redbull in my house than food)

NYS CPA License # 113563
    CIA: Done as of 2/15/14

Training for a half marathon post studying!

LSNYC

Morning all! Seattle i thought i got up early but looks like you were up even before me! Trying for 4-5 hours this AM and then a break and some more hours later this afternoon! Happy studying all!

REVIEW TIME all my weak areas – Corp tax not looking forward to you!

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!
    R - 71, 73, 74, 69, 77!!!!

Finally done!

This is my 2nd attempt at the exam, I had two parts passed (failed many) and I stupidly quit, big mistake. Now I'm back and with a vengeance!

smp73

Um if one more person tells me I need to pass it this time I should not be held accountable for my actions! I am fairly certain of all people I know I need to pass…and well I really want to pass too!

Worked on my weaker areas last night and this morning and am averaging high 80's on the MC. Yay!

NYS CPA License # 113563

Anonymous
    Inactive

I miss you guys, the FAR group is strictly business so I had to pop back into this forum and wish everyone some Happy Studying!

I cannot lie, I found studying for Reg a bit easier, probably because tax is fresh in my mind as I am still taking it in college. I feel like there is just an abundance of information in FAR and the lectures are around 3 hours, covering material we spent months on in Intermediate and Advanced! Tell me it gets easier 🙂

smp73

Well REG fam…I went to the gym and wouldn't let myself get off the treadmill until the individual tax audio was over (ha little does that “Friend” know I listen to notes at the gym). There were times that I repeated the audio,outloud. Needless to say the people next to me looked at me like I was a wack job. 🙂

NYS CPA License # 113563

flyingeagle90
    Participant

Argh! This is so frustrating!!! I feel good about the individual tax topics, as I've been doing individual income taxes for the last three years. But the lessons on corporate and partnership taxes may as well be in Chinese. They just don't click and it seems there are so many exceptions for everything. I just don't know how I'll ever learn it all in time. I keep telling myself I said the same thing about FAR and I did well on that one. The clock is ticking and I'm starting to panic.

FAR - Aug 2012 - 87
    AUD - Nov 2012 - 84
    REG - May 2013 - 90
    BEC - Oct 2013 - 87

Licensed in NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

@flyingeagle you are not alone. I'm having trouble on C Corp. taxes too. It's a lot to remember. My plan is to keep on doing MCQs until it sticks. Partnership taxes are very easy to me though because they are pass through entities and there is not too much to remember.

smp73

I think the key for corporate tax is continuous MC questions and make sure you write down why each answer is right and why the others are wrong. Also, if you have audio listen to it on repeat until things start to stick. I wrote notes as I did MC for corporate tax and then went back and rewrote those notes and it has helped make things click as well as listening to the audio as many times as I could.

NYS CPA License # 113563

Mel
    Participant

@smp73 I repeat my notes out loud as well, but whIle I'm at work, lol, i also find Jeff, Olinto and Gearty hilarious so I'm literally laughing out loud at work. I am also having trouble with corporate tax stuff, its my weakest section…but my exam is on Monday so it needs to be rectified by then. Hope your studying is coming along well. I hope to be studying until 11 or midnight.

smp73

@Mel Good luck studying. You got this. I will be reviewing corp tax tomorrow too! I hate to admit that I have even had dreams where I hear the ninja audio. Its weird! All my dreams lately are either CPA exam related or how I am going to write an audit issue for work. Also I am glad to know I am not the only one who has repeated notes outloud!

I have even told people I am not accepting any phone calls until after Wednesday. I have said I would let my mom know I am alive but other than that…all in studying.

NYS CPA License # 113563

Anonymous
    Inactive

Why does there have to be so many nitpicky rules in Individual and Corporate taxation!?

I've found the best way to learn them is to hit my head against the book until they make their way to my brain. Has anyone else found this technique useful?

Viewing 15 replies - 436 through 450 (of 1,005 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.