REG Study Group April/May 2013 - Page 66

Viewing 15 replies - 976 through 990 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Mike1987

I believe your basis would be the FMV on 4/1 so if you sold it for that much as well then your gain would be 0 wouldn't it? The Becker HW has a question that pops up twice that is similar to that I think.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, OK. Thank you!

MCLKT
    Participant

Congrats on getting through the exam Mike! Thanks for coming back and letting us know how it went.

Good luck on score release day, I'll be looking for you and the rest of our study group 🙂

Have fun with FAR. I'll give you some unsolicited FAR advice. Just get through all of the videos with the goal of no more than an introduction to everything that is FAR. It starts to come together at the end.

Then, do a review one chapter at a time, and work through with a goal to make it all click. Making sure you understand the major topics.

Your final review will be when it all finally starts to sink in. That's when you need to memorize the mnemonics.

A:[73]97 F:[74]85 R:86 B:[74]82
    *NINJA 10 Pt. COMBO & Yaeger*

Mike1987

Thanks for the advice MCLKT hopefully there won't be as many little details or as many formulas that need memorizing like BEC/REG. I don't have the book yet so is it mostly the journal entries that need memorizing?

MCLKT
    Participant

Unfortunately, there are more little things to know for FAR than with REG :/

People say it's a mile wide and and inch deep.

But they really test on many of the little insignificant topics as well as the heavy stuff.

You know how REG you have to know the treatment for Corp vs. Partnership, etc.?

There will be some of that with knowing the treatment for US GAAP vs. IFRS

There are formulas and of course the JE.

I would recommend keeping a separate notebook and use it for easy reference of journal entries for each chapter.

And as you work through problems, write out JE that could apply.

A:[73]97 F:[74]85 R:86 B:[74]82
    *NINJA 10 Pt. COMBO & Yaeger*

TAJCPA
    Participant

Hi All,

I have reg in 4 days! I have been over most questions at least one time some twice. I have to finish the last part of chapter 8 some time later today, Sunday and then complete simulation.

Any suggestions?

Mike1987

Hi Taj, it could help if you go back and review all the tax stuff, to make sure you know the different basis calculations for partnerships, corps, scorps and what to do when it is contribution, distribution, or liquidation (maybe try making like a formula sheet without looking at it to see if you really know it). Also know the realized vs. recognized really well. I thought I knew all that like the back of my hand, but during test day I made some silly mistakes. Goodluck!

TAJCPA
    Participant

Thanks Mike! I will definately do that! Totally appreciate your input! Goodluck to you as well, future CPA!

kip_snoodles

Everyone must be at the lake today! I hope everyone's last few days of studying are going well. My test is Friday. I am feeling pretty good at the moment, but that can change with a bad practice test. For those with Wiley who are taking or about to take the exam: Other than working the Professional and Legal Responsibilities questions a few times, are you doing anything else to study for that section? I feel like I have a good grasp of the material from that section, but there is just so much more random information in the Becker pages that are not included in the Becker or Wiley Questions.

Thanks!

Hey all quick question about Becker. So I looked at CPAReviewforfree and there were questions about Mortgages, deeds, etc, but this is not in the Becker text. Any suggestions as to what I should do? Is this something I need to study?

BEC- 4/3- 90
    AUD- 4/24- 92
    REG- 5/31- 88
    FAR- 7/27- 94

If anyone has a Microsoft Word Study guide that includes Propertys and deeds could you let me know?

Thanks!

BEC- 4/3- 90
    AUD- 4/24- 92
    REG- 5/31- 88
    FAR- 7/27- 94

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, property and deeds are important info to know. Becker seems to be missing a few topics.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All,

So this July I will retake my REG for the third time. I got 67% and 68% for previous exam.

I try this blog for REG as well as use this to update my score. Hopefully I pass this time in July.

lucretia123

Just wanted to give a good luck shout out to anyone writing in this last week of the April/May window. Score release day will be here soon.

My brain is full and I don't think it can handle any more REG topics or MCQ's. Some moments I feel prepared and then I come across some questions and wonder when did I review that topic. Trying to avoid stressing out about it. I don't need a 99 but an 85 would be great. 🙂 Fingers crossed and sending good vibes to everyone for reasonable SIMs.

BEC - Passed AUD - Passed REG - Passed FAR - Passed
    It feel surreal to be done with the exams! I think it is still sinking in.

jeff
    Keymaster

REG Partnership Tax 1-3 added to BLITZ today.

https://another71.wistia.com/

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 976 through 990 (of 1,005 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.