REG Study Group April/May 2013 - Page 3

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MCLKT
    Participant

Thanks sapna1208!

Welcome Jenlyn!

Powernight!!!

Ready for video 1. This will be the first of 11 hours of video to cover Individual taxation :/

“embrace tax. love tax. become tax. I will pass REG in May.”

Just a little something I keep telling myself 🙂

LSNYC, NAM, Peetree… where is everyone????

A:[73]97 F:[74]85 R:86 B:[74]82
    *NINJA 10 Pt. COMBO & Yaeger*

Pellerific

Good Luck! This is a killer exam but if you study really well you can do it. I had no tax experience (I work in financial accounting) and used Beckers. I found that the actual exam MC were very similar to beckers. The sims were much worse but somehow I passed.

F-82
    A-91
    B-91
    R-86

LSNYC

I'm here! But it's a slow night for me just some reading, been up since 4:30, ekk…… Lectures this week/weekend.

Happy power night to those that are doing it.

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!
    R - 71, 73, 74, 69, 77!!!!

Finally done!

This is my 2nd attempt at the exam, I had two parts passed (failed many) and I stupidly quit, big mistake. Now I'm back and with a vengeance!

wendywhite

OK – I've planned out my study schedule & listed the tasks & estimated the time to complete each… Yes I am procrastinating.

I decided to start with contracts first – thought i'd shake things up.

Everyone is saying how hard the test is – but the QUANTITY of pages is significantly smaller than far – and smaller than audit. that's got to be a good thing right?

FAR 11/2012: 80
    AUD 2/19/2013: 90
    REG 5/14/2013: 76
    BEC 11/2013: 85
    Ethics: 100
    Waiting on the packet....

LSNYC

Question my friends – thoughts on doing tax for about a week then business law for a week then going back and studying a mix, since there are two separate topics in REG I was thinking about studying one then the other. Thoughts?

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!
    R - 71, 73, 74, 69, 77!!!!

Finally done!

This is my 2nd attempt at the exam, I had two parts passed (failed many) and I stupidly quit, big mistake. Now I'm back and with a vengeance!

MCLKT
    Participant

That's how I'm doing it. First tax, then law, then back to tax for additional review, then both for final review.

sapna1208
    Participant

Me too planned that way…

@MCKLT: How long u studied last night?

MCLKT
    Participant

Sapna – about 2.5 hours. Lecture/notes made a couple flash cards and did the short homework assignment. Easing into it 🙂 I was in bed and reading NINJA notes by midnight.

Junior

Studying for Reg to take in Early April. Then FAR in Early May.

I've seen a lot of stuff posted about Ninja notes. Are they worth it? I'm currenlty using Becker material. Any insight would be helpful.

I've passed BEC (nov 12), waiting on AUD score I took last week.

MCLKT
    Participant

Hey Junior, there a few threads discussing Ninja Notes, but in short. Yes, they are worth it. I was told you can pass REG using Ninja Notes and Wiley Test Bank alone.

WendyWhite – I'm excited about the breadth of the REG material when compared to FAR too! It fees manageable.

Ok, it's go time! Video 2 and homework, I'll check in later, you all better be studying 🙂

Hahahaaa!

REG 1, homeowners exclusion: Peter (Olinto) marries Lindsay (Lohan). Who said that taxes can't be fun?!

Becker Class of Jan - Aug 2013: FARB DONE!!!!
    CPA license pending 🙂

MCLKT
    Participant

Hey SeattleAcct!!!

I was just thinking of how jealous I am of your FAR score.

Well, another video down. The cycle continues.

G'night REGulators.

@MCKLT, nah, it's the over way around, I'm rather jealous of your AUD! We are even, hehe. But on the serious note, i think you've made it. Yes, feeling that MCQs were from a left field and nailing SIMS was my exact experience.

bwt, how's REG going? Do you find it easier or harder compared to FAR & AUD?

CPA license pending 🙂

MCLKT
    Participant

I'm just going to start telling myself my FAR score will be the same as yours. I'm so anxious waiting…

So far, I like REG. I'm only 2 days into individual tax, but easy as pie. I I'm sure it starts getting confusing when we learn other entities. The likes/differences are probably the difficult part. I'm thinking it will be comparable to learning GAAP and IFRS and needing to know all of the differences. I guess we'll see….

@MCKLT, you go girl, whatever helps (my bet it is going to be higher)!

Don't forget to concentrate now on REG, it deserves closer attention. At least that's I've been telling myself when waiting for FAR and studying AUD and now, when waiting for AUD and studying REG. The past is a sunk cost, it is over, we are wiser and better now 😉

CPA license pending 🙂

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 1,005 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.