[Q3] BEC Study Group 2014 - Page 24

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

@h0wdyus

Incorrect

The answer is B. Comparable sales.

“The use of comparable sales is not an income approach to valuation of a business, it is a market approach. Under the comparable sales approach, the value of a business is determined by comparing it to other entities with comparable characteristics for which the value is more readily determinable.”

This was a tricky one

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 346 through 360 (of 2,289 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey everyone!

So I am planning on taking BEC next week and with all the information i've crammed in my head its starting to get a little commingled. I am using BECKER so other than the mnemonics that they use do any of you have any other funny mnemonics that you have made up to help remember certain things? I usually do pretty well with mnemonics.

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is no spreadsheet tool for BEC..just a calculator. The calculator does have square root function.

linkman311

Done anyone here have Ninja Audio for BEC? If so, what are your thoughts? Is worth the $97?

Confidence is a prerequisite for success

FAR - 1/1
    AUD - 1/1
    BEC - 1/1
    REG - Q4

Have Becker, wish I got Roger

Anonymous
    Inactive

Im taking the exam July 1. I have the Becker book but dont really use it. I've put in 29 hours on ninja mcq and have a trending score of 84. I will go over Jeffs notes tomorrow and I will go over a few writing SIMS on Sunday and look at the book for that.

Starting to get a little nervous. I got really lucky with FAR at the end of May, so I'm hoping my luck will hold.

Peterman25
    Participant

@linkman

I have the entire NINJA package on top of Roger. I would have purchased the NINJA audio and notes if it wasn't for the MCQs. I was taking a hard look at the audio and notes and then the MCQ were released so I bought the entire package. I wanted the audio to have in the car for my commute to and from work. I find that there is definitely information there that either wasn't in my Roger materials or is talked about in a different perspective to help you learn it. Just remember that it isn't some all encompassing audio course. Its high level and meant to help you with some points here and there. If you do some googling I am sure you find a coupon code for the audio too. The MCQs are worth every penny as they are a lot tougher than the Roger MCQs

BEC 7/14 - PASS
    FAR 10/14 - PASS
    AUD 1/15 - PASS
    REG 4/15 - PASS

AZ license - Official 8/20/2015

Peterman25
    Participant

@Darcer

Trending 84 on the NINJA MCQ is solid. Those questions can be tough. I have about 5 hours less and my trending score is 75%. If I am remembering correctly the trending score is the average of your last 5 sessions..Then again, my last few sessions have been nothing but the sections I am the worst at so my graph is dipping down a bit. YIKES!!

BEC 7/14 - PASS
    FAR 10/14 - PASS
    AUD 1/15 - PASS
    REG 4/15 - PASS

AZ license - Official 8/20/2015

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love Ninja Audio. Little sick of Jeff's voice at this point but that means I'm doing good šŸ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm planning on buying the ninja audio only if there's a 4th of july sale…I don't want to spend $97 on it šŸ™‚ I bought it for FAR though and it is definitely helpful.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Someone please help me with this IT problem from Ninja MCQ. Thanks a lot!

A computer system that converts the inputs into data that allows management to make unstructured decisions concerning the company's future is:

a. Transaction processing system.

b. An office automation system.

c. A strategic information system.

d. A decision support system.

Correct answer: C. A strategic information system provides information that may allow an organization to make strategic, competitive decisions.

ā€¢ Transaction processing systems support basic routine business functions.

ā€¢ An office automation system is used by clerical personnel to process existing information.

ā€¢ Decision support systems process semi-structured and unstructured problems.

My question is why choice D is incorrect?

I may be wrong, Charlie, but atleast the way I think of it is DSS is more general, and Strategic system is more specific. so this is one of those situations where they are both right, but C is the BETTER answer.

NJPRU

I'm only 5 chapters out of 20 in and I think I already went through more detail than I have with AUD and FAR. I'm declaring this exam my beast. To me, FAR was much much easier than this.

AUD: DONE
    FAR: DONE
    BEC: DONE
    REG: DONE

IM GOING TO BE A CPA!!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@NJ, it will get easier! Have you been doing the MCQs along with the chapters or lectures only? If you focus on applying the formulas, rather than just straight memorization, it's much easier!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Scored a 78 on the first Becker practice exam today… my confidence was shattered considering how much easier the first practice exam is supposed to be compared to the second. With my test on Thursday, I'm starting to feel the pressure.

lauren725

NJ ahh I am feeling it too. I still keep telling myself the amount of info for FAR was way more so this is possible and I will get through it. It is definitely going to take some long hours though. I am started to see why most people have a complicated relationship with BEC.

AUD - 73,91
    FAR - 79 - Thank you God!
    BEC - 73,79!!!!
    REG - 92 whatttt??!

I used Becker review + flashcards, Ninja Audio, Ninja MCQ supplement on BEC and REG.

Done! Praise God!

NJPRU

@Amanda – I typically skip the lectures and just read, take notes, and then do MCQs. I found that if I do the lectures, I'm only going to go read the chapter again anyway and then take notes, so I eliminated that all together.

I dont think I'm having trouble with the information, I'm just way overwelmed with the amount of information and the amount of time it takes for me to understand something. I mean, with just 11 pages in a single chapter (Financial Risk Management) it took me 4 hours to take notes, settle with the equations and concepts and then do 70 multiple choice questions. The good thing is though, when I move on from the chapter, I can say that I understand what I learned instead of what happened with FAR and me moving on and saying “can't remember it all”. lol

I think I'm just burned out already. I don't have patience for this stuff and it's taking me long to adapt to the material.

AUD: DONE
    FAR: DONE
    BEC: DONE
    REG: DONE

IM GOING TO BE A CPA!!!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 346 through 360 (of 2,289 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.