[Q3] BEC Study Group 2014 - Page 151

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

@h0wdyus

Incorrect

The answer is B. Comparable sales.

“The use of comparable sales is not an income approach to valuation of a business, it is a market approach. Under the comparable sales approach, the value of a business is determined by comparing it to other entities with comparable characteristics for which the value is more readily determinable.”

This was a tricky one

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 2,251 through 2,265 (of 2,289 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    EYNewHire

I'm just about to take Becker's practice exam #2. Skipping the first one.

rzrbkfaith

@_Nick_

The answer to my question last night was $1,000

@EYNewHire

I am interested to see what you thought about practice exam #2. I thought it was brutal… but it was so late by the time I got done with it that I just wanted it to be over with. And FYI… the actual exam was NOTHING like that practice test.

AUD - 99
    BEC - 97
    REG - 91
    FAR - 1/8/16

EYNewHire

That was brutal. Kind of wish I hadn't done it now.

@rzrbkfaith how do you think you did?

rzrbkfaith

@EYNewHire

I agree. It was horrible and totally killed my confidence. Just know that the actual exam was not like that. A lot more theory and much simpler calculations. I felt like some of the questions off the practice exam were kind of random. The actual exam didn't feel quite as random or detailed.

Overall, I think I passed, but I won't be pulling a 99 on this one. I second guessed myself the entire drive back home (hour and a half).

AUD - 99
    BEC - 97
    REG - 91
    FAR - 1/8/16

h0wdyus

Folks I am back. šŸ™‚ I thought will send you guys advance notice. I am typing in my experience.

FAR - 81 29th Aug 2013
    AUD - 84
    REG - 82
    BEC - 89 29th Aug 2014
    Using Yager

FROM NJ

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wellfleet Company manufactures recreational equipment and prepares annual operational budgets for each department. The Purchasing Department is finalizing plans for the fiscal year ending June 30, 20X4, and has gathered the following information regarding two of the components used in both tricycles and bicycles. Wellfleet uses the first-in, first-out inventory method.

A19

B12

Tricycles

Bicycles

Beginning inventory July 1, 20X3

Ending inventory June 30, 20X4

Unit cost

$ 1.20

$ 4.50

$ 54.50

$ 89.60

Projected 20X3āˆ’X4 unit sales

āˆ’

āˆ’

Component usage:

Tricycles

2/unit

1/unit

āˆ’

āˆ’

Bicycles

2/unit

4/unit

āˆ’

āˆ’

If the economic order quantity of Component B12 is 70,000 units, the number of times that Wellfleet Company should purchase this component during the fiscal year ended June 30, 20X4 is closest to:

Seven times.

Five times.

Eight times.

Nine times.

???????????????? this one is in the first final exam of BEC! does anyone knows how to do it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just got out.

First testlet was unbelievably easy.

Second testlet was definitely more detailed and lengthy but nothing I wasn't expecting.

Third was similar to second. Good sign.

Very few calcs. 40% max. Surprised at how easy WC are to easy to bullshit.

That first testlet was a joke.

lauren725

We did not have the same test. Definitely some different experiences today.

AUD - 73,91
    FAR - 79 - Thank you God!
    BEC - 73,79!!!!
    REG - 92 whatttt??!

I used Becker review + flashcards, Ninja Audio, Ninja MCQ supplement on BEC and REG.

Done! Praise God!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lauren, elaborate on yours.

rzrbkfaith

@_Nick_

Sounds like we had similar experiences.

AUD - 99
    BEC - 97
    REG - 91
    FAR - 1/8/16

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was second guessing myself until you chimed in. Seriously laughable at how much I obsessed over certain topics.

_Nick_ AND rzrbkfaith what review program did you guys use? I am wondering if its only Becker students complaining about BEC?

Passed all 4 exams in 2014!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lol. I used Becker. No complaints.

Supplemented with Ninja, but the calculations are extremely simplistic compared to the calcs I was doing in variance assignments. I also studied way more than most and studied full-time for 3 weeks. And a separate degree in finance.

lauren725

I posted in the experience tab, but ya mine was not easy by any means. The first testlet was OK, flagged about 4 or 5. Second was pretty crazy, full of calcs and long questions. Seriously I had to guess on a few because it was taking so long and I didn't want to lose a ton of time. Some were just very detailed and I couldn't quite get to what they were asking. I knew my forumlas but wasn't fast enough for some of this stuff…. Third was pretty bad but not as bad as the second, but at that point I was burnt out. Writing was ehh who knows, just had about 30 minutes so

You never know though with these tests. Like for FAR, I felt extremely positive about my test experience like I nailed it and got a 79. Still passed but didn't kill it. Then you hear about people having this crazy horrible experiences and passing. I am not going to think one way or another and just try to enjoy my week.

AUD - 73,91
    BEC - 73,79!!!!
    REG - 92 whatttt??!

I used Becker review + flashcards, Ninja Audio, Ninja MCQ supplement on BEC and REG.

Done! Praise God!

lauren725

I had some more complicated calcs than what you speak of. I can see how people think Becker doesnt prepare them after what I just saw,

AUD - 73,91
    BEC - 73,79!!!!
    REG - 92 whatttt??!

Done! Praise God!

Viewing 15 replies - 2,251 through 2,265 (of 2,289 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.