BEC Study Group January/February 2013 - Page 2

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 403 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I need to join this study group. I just took the BEC exam this morning. I don't feel good about, but I haven't felt good about any exam I have taken thus far. I didn't absorb the information like I did for FAR and REG. It may be because I absolutely hate Cost Accounting and I.T. Hope to pick up on some pointers in here. I'm pretty sure I'll be taking BEC again in January. Gonna take a break for week, get my score in early December and then get after it, whether its BEC or AUD.

Look forward to talking with you all.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am also testing on the 2nd (before busy season) and I'm really hoping that the 4th time is the charm! I felt so prepared last time, but this time I have added the Wiley test bank so I'm hoping that seals the deal for me. Chapter 2 (Becker) is kicking my butt right now :/

Tori
    Participant

@massarcasm I agree, BEC is just as much of a beast as any of the other sections. But If you take things one chapter at a time and really seek to understand the methodology behind solving the problems, then you should be successful with the MCQ.

BEC:76
    AUD:77 (expired), 73, REMATCH 5/19/14, PENDING SCORE RELEASE.
    REG:71,68,59,75
    FAR:62, 59, 62, 78

Tori
    Participant

@massarcasm I agree, BEC is just as much of a beast as any of the other sections. But If you take things one chapter at a time and really seek to understand the methodology behind solving the problems, then you should be successful with the MCQ.

Tori
    Participant

SeePeeAyy

How long is everyone in here budgeting for hours for this exam?

I was told 80 hours or like 3 full time study weeks. Seems very short.

I am taking BEC on Thursday and I've never felt more unprepared for a section before… FAR is the only section I've passed my first shot, so I guess with my track record, lack of ability to study (work and injured fiancé that I carter to hand and foot), the awful costing accounting and jumbled topics plus the holidays, I am not expecting to pass this… I lose FAR at the end of August and getting married in October… so rather than push to January (which I can) I am taking every opportunity to sit for BEC that I can, even if I got a 40! I HAVE to pass this stupid section and be done with this exam! ughh.

REG - 72 (Oct 2011), 74 (May 2012), 80 (July 2012)
    FAR - 77 (Feb 2012)
    AUD - 70 (Aug 2012), 89! (Oct 2012)
    BEC - 71 (Dec 2012), 75!(Feb 2013)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@SeePeeAy – I agree that 80 hours seems a little low, but this is an odd test… I have heard of people passing it with minimal studying and then others (like myself) that just can't seem to pass it. I am planning on about 150 study hours over 5 weeks or 6 weeks.

I hope this helps!

Pellerific

BEC doesn't have that much math so you can guess a lot of questions based on logic. they questiosn are very varied-they don't ask you many questions on one topic (except for board of directors/audit commitee-know this well). I came out thinking that i failed for sure because i guessed many questions, butI ended up doing well.

F-82
    A-91
    B-91
    R-86

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi everyone. Joining in on the study group here. I'm planning on taking BEC at the end of January. Let's get our study on everyone!

proach33

so my test is this friday. last day of testing period thanks to Sandy. Has anyone taken the exam yet. Based on Becker Practice Test 2 this thing will be hard. I know Becker practice test are usually harder than the real thing. Does that still apply here.

As for my review this week I am planning on taking a 72 question progress test each day and rework sections 1-3.

Audit - June 2012: 80
    Reg - August 2012- 82
    Far- October 6 2012 - 71. Retake Jan 2013 - 76
    Bec- December 7 2012: 78

Finally Done

@Pellerific – are we studying for the same test?! Not much math?!? There is SO much math in the Cost Accounting, in Chapters 1 through 3 in Becker, which is half the material. I feel like I have had so many formula thrown in my face. A large portion of Becker's Ch 1 to 3 MC are these crazy word problems that take 4 to 5 minutes long!

FAR - 77 (Feb 2012)

vt7

@I Want My Life Back 10.12

I agree with you- there is SO much math involved! I took BEC on 10/31 and got a 70!. I studied a lot, like I took a week off work & studied 6-8 hrs a day. I felt really good abt the exam but I did fail it unfurtunately. I don't want to be discouraging but know as much formulas as you can.

Many people told me that BEC was more theory but my exam was more math. Know budget variances (PURE DADS DADS!!) The one thing I hate about Becker is that they tend to overcomplicate things- especially ch1-3..THey overcomplicated the problems & u end up spending more time trying to figure unecessary things out. The good thing is (from my experience & other ppl) the exam does cover a lot of the formula/computational stuff but the MC problems on exam are not difficult. The actual logistics of a question is not difficult..the difficult part is knowing the volume of information for the exam (not necessarily the complexity of each formula/theory). I plan to retake BEC 1/4. I have alwasy taken it at 9am but maybe I should push it down to like 11:30.. hope I will pass this time.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to restudy when u failed an exam? do i just redo exactly everything (lectures, mc &notes)

@vt7 – I am glad you agree with me! 🙂 I think I would be excited if I got a 70, because at least you are in the ball park… I am sure you'll pass it in January! Just keep reviewing the concepts and working MC questions and you'll pass in January! I am expecting to tank this thing on Thursday, like in the 40's… I just finished Chapter 5 last night and cracking into Chapter 6 tonight haha. I have to wrap up Ch. 6 over today and tomorrow and then I have all day Wednesday to review, I took off of work. I DEFINITELY feel like chapters 1 to 3 are overly complicated by Becker…. I've never continuously scored this low on hw's before 🙁 Thank you for the exam advice! I really appreciate it, because at the moment, I definitely cannot remember what PURE DADS DADS stands for, it's so long gone in my memory!

FAR - 77 (Feb 2012)

Sudad

Does anyone know the exact weight of written communications? Is it 20% or 15%?

DONE!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 403 total)
  • The topic ‘BEC Study Group January/February 2013 - Page 2’ is closed to new replies.