AUD Study Group Q3 2016 - Page 60

Viewing 15 replies - 886 through 900 (of 914 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Just_Trying_To_Pass
    Participant

A1 and A2 are killliing me. I am answering the homework questions fine, around 70-70% after lectures/reading. But I still feel really confused on what Im actually answering.

BEC: 70, 83
    REG: 8/13/16
    FAR:
    AUD:

HoosierCPA
    Participant

Neo, we will beat this exam. Sure those first few days after getting the results are tough to swallow but the pain in temporary. I did 90 questions yesterday and reviewed the 90 today to ease back into things. Starting tomorrow I plan on grinding it out. I am going to try and get through the entire Ninja MCQ's to see how it compares to Becker.

My first go around I took a lot of time trying to lay the foundation–understanding concepts, analyzing each question in depth, etc. This took a lot of time away from just grinding out questions. That's the technique I am going to go with this next month. I'm going to shoot for 600-800 questions a week and see where that gets me.

Hopefully 4Q Audit Study group is as active as this one because I have found it helpful to subscribe to this page and read up on every ones questions/concerns.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 89

FAR - 78
    REG - 72,74,71...please just go away REG nobody likes you!
    BEC - 82
    AUD - Aug 16

Anonymous
    Inactive

@just-trying-to-pass I had the similar experience with A1-A2, I was scoring in the 70's as well but wasn't sure about a lot of explanations. Hopefully it'll makes more sense going over it again during review haha

aatoural
    Participant

Hopefully the forum stops kicking me out evrytime I link into AUD study group. Is frustrating. Any other link works just fine.:(

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - 8/29/16
    FAR - TBS
    REG - TBS

aatoural
    Participant

When is your next go at it dtatham?

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - 8/29/16
    FAR - TBS
    REG - TBS

HoosierCPA
    Participant

@aatoural great question. I was going to download Ninja MCQ's at some point today and see how many questions are in their bank and determine how long it'll take to get through them. As of now I'm looking at early October, don't have an exact date.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 89

FAR - 78
    BEC - 82
    AUD - Aug 16

aatoural
    Participant

Sounds like a good plan. I think Ninja has more than Becker, from what I've heard. Best of luck!!! 🙂

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - 8/29/16
    FAR - TBS
    REG - TBS

HoosierCPA
    Participant

@aatoural yeah I believe you're right. Retakes can get tricky when using the same review material. From my experience with REG you will score in the 80-90% consistently but its always a battle knowing if you know the material or you just memorized the answer.

When are you taking REG? Maybe are review will overlap a bit.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 89

FAR - 78
    BEC - 82
    AUD - Aug 16

aatoural
    Participant

That's awfull. Becker doesn't have enought MCQs for review? I like more REG material than I did AUD, and I usually understanding it better. But I've learned that with these exams anything can be dificult. 🙁

I am planning on the end of October or first week of Novemeber. I haven't scheduled it yet. I am waiting to get my book this Wednesday to get back at it and schedule it. For some reason having a set date makes it easier for me to follow my study plan. So we will probably overlap at some point in October.

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - 8/29/16
    FAR - TBS
    REG - TBS

HoosierCPA
    Participant

@aatoural no I think if you do the Becker material for REG you should be fine. Of all 4 exams REG material is my favorite to learn its ironic that I cannot pass it! lol. Those damn sims! I still haven't figured out how to prepare myself for them.

Sounds like I'll jump in on the REG review when you are 2 or 3 weeks away from your exam. Good luck with your studies. My best advice with REG is study the all the general rules and do not fret on all the phase outs. You may get 1 or 2 questions on phase outs but there are a TON of them that your time is much better spent in other areas.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 89

FAR - 78
    BEC - 82
    AUD - Aug 16

aatoural
    Participant

Oh no! more SIMS from hell? It is a nightmare becuase the SIMS on Becker don't seems as scary as they are in real exam. At least that was my experience with AUD. Thanks for the heads up on the phase out. See you in the REG thread!

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - 8/29/16
    FAR - TBS
    REG - TBS

Theodore
    Participant

HI Guys. Just reading your threats. From my experience after taking FAR REG and AUD (pending score) AUD has been the toughest. It's a whole different language. It's a love/hate relationship with AUD.

@aatoural
    just make sure you have a general understanding with phase-outs, like dtatham said don't spend too much time on them.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 76
    REG - 76
    No one said it would be easy.

FAR: 66, 76!
    REG: 76!
    AUD: 72, 9/7/2016
    BEC: TBA

Don't Stop When You Are Tired, Stop When You Are Done.

aatoural
    Participant

Thank you Rosy, I will do that!

Ironic but you guys are more helpful than the REG thread. hahaah

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - 8/29/16
    FAR - TBS
    REG - TBS

hasy
    Participant

Has anyone done the Roger's, NINJA, AND WTB? I'm about 402 left in NINJA, which I'll probably finish by the end of this week. I really thought it would be possible but doing 120 NEW MCQs a day is draining (especially when audit evidence hates me). Test is in 120 days, so I know once I finish NINJA, I'll have to start cranking it up.

Has anyone FOUND WTB to be reliable?

I'm currently 79/78 avg/trend. Is that bad?

AUD - 83
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 83
    REG - 78
    BEC - 80 (Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB)

FAR - 72; 83 (Roger + NINJA MCQ)

AUD - 83 (Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB)

REG - 52; 78 (Roger + NINJA MCQ)

Ethics - 68, 96 (how I dislike you)
    -
    This forum is more addictive than drugs. Still returning after licensure.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved - Helen Keller

-

BEC 80 (10/23/15)
    FAR 72 (4/2/15); 83 (7/11/16)
    REG 52 (4/28/15)
    AUD (9/9/16)

Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB

Participant

For REG, you really don't need to memorize all the bitchy little details. Basis is very important though. What I had problems with is confusing corporate vs partnership basis. Then S-corporations are like a weird cross between partnerships & C-corporations.

For some reason partnership was more intuitive for me. I didn't take much notes but I wish I had taken notes on that while I was reading the textbook. So you can compare corporate vs partnership. CPAExcel gave a good explanations for the tax part of REG but they gave very few examples. Without examples, it just goes through one eye and out the other. The simulations are very good for testing your basis knowledge, more than MCQs.

FAR- 88- 6/16- (Ninja Avg. 74%)
    REG- 89- 7/16- (Ninja Avg. 77%)
    AUD- 95- 8/16- (Ninja Avg. 81%)
    BEC- 82- 9/16- (Ninja Avg. 75%)
    [Wiley CPAExcel + Ninja MCQ]

Finally licensed.

FAR - June 2016 - 88
    REG - July 2016 - 89
    AUD - Aug 2016 - review phase currently
    BEC - Sep 2016 -

Wiley CPA Excel & Ninja MCQ

Viewing 15 replies - 886 through 900 (of 914 total)
  • The topic ‘AUD Study Group Q3 2016 - Page 60’ is closed to new replies.