AUD Study Group Q3 2016 - Page 3

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 914 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Madam Secretary
    Participant

Seriously, what's the difference between SSARS and SSAE? how can I distinguish the difference?

Example: A CPA in public practice is required to comply with the provisions of the Statements on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAEs) when?

1. Testifying as an expert witness in accounting and auditing matters given stipulated facts = NO

2. Examining a client’s financial projection that presents a hypothetical course of action = Yes

Note: examination of projection with hypothetical assumption is also covered in SSARS C19. can someone please help me on this one. thank you.

AUD - 78
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 77
    "I can't take the easy way out. I don't need to invoke anything but the truth".
    Madam Secretary
    Participant

hi anyone please?

The appearance of independence of a CPA, or that CPA’s firm, is most likely to be impaired if the CPA:
    A. Provides appraisal, valuation, or actuarial services for an attest client.
    B. Joins a trade association, which is an attest client, and serves in a non management capacity.
    C. Accepts a token gift from an attest client.
    D. Serves as an executor and trustee of the estate of an individual who owned the majority of the stock of a closely held client corporation.

correct answer: D. how about A?

AUD - 78
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 77
    Madam Secretary
    Participant

where is everybody?

AUD - 78
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 77
    A1lessio
    Participant

Does anyone here do the Becker progress test? I did 50 questions for chapters 1-4 this morning and got 66%. I feel like everything is jumbled in my brain.

AUD - 86
    BEC - 70
    FAR - 78
    REG - 84
    People who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certain pleasurable things in order to obtain a goal are the happiest of men.

AUD (08/02/2016)

aatoural
    Participant

@Warrior – I have not looked at that chapter yet, but I do remember from my last semester in MACC program (last December) that any valuation or appraisal job does not impair independence, however serving as part of a major client for whom the auditor has majority votes impairs it.
    Think about it – if I provide you with subtantial amount of money (or other commodity) it is most likely that you will promulgate a better opinion about me. On the other hand if you just come to me to give me advaise on a course of action to follow, that will most likley not change your opinion of me to my benefit.
    Hope this helps.

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - 8/29/16
    FAR - TBS
    REG - TBS

Ash
    Participant

Hi Warrior

So SSAE was the best answer in regards to the pro forma financial statements, because the accountant is reviewing these pro forma statements only…according to Becker if they were compiling the pro forma statements for a NON_ISSUER then they would need to follow the SSARS.

And the independence is impaired because if you read the key words in D they CPA is serving as executor to the MAJORITY stock holder…although A could impair the independence it would more likely impair if the results are material to the financial statements and subject to significant degree of subjectivity.

It helps when I am answer questions I take a few second to really digest what is being said. In this case D had the key words that would be MORE likely to impair the independence. This is good for my review phase keep giving me questions 🙂

FAR-70, 63, 75!!!!
    AUD-72,71,75!!!!!!!!!
    BEC-71, 78!!!!!!!!!!!
    REG-57, 75!!!!!
    I am done!!!!!

California ethics, took 3 tries passed with a 92%

AUD- 72, 71, TBD (now i am pissed no more messing around)
    BEC-8/29/16
    REG-10/10/16
    FAR-70 retest-11/28/16

CPATG17
    Participant

@Warrior

What really makes you impaired from providing a service to a client?

Is it when you own stocks at that company or ;

When you so other service to them like “Provides appraisal, valuation, or actuarial”

AUD - 08/23/2016
    REG - TBD
    BEC - TBD
    FAR - TBD

aatoural
    Participant

For those of you who have Becker. Is it me or some of the Homework MCQs for A1 – Subsequent Events are reapeted?

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - 8/29/16
    FAR - TBS
    REG - TBS

CPATG17
    Participant

@aatoural

You will see a lot of repeat as you go in later questions

AUD - 08/23/2016
    REG - TBD
    BEC - TBD
    FAR - TBD

aatoural
    Participant

That is BS. Tthey tell you is 32+ MCQs to practice but in reality is at least 10 less than that because of repetition. They need to update that. Thank you CPATG17 for the heads up.

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - 8/29/16
    FAR - TBS
    REG - TBS

HoosierCPA
    Participant

Ahhh!!!! I just had to jump in here to express my frustration over AUD. I'm only 150 homework questions in on Becker chapter 1 but hands down this is the worst I've done on any homework of the 4 tests. To add salt to the wound I feel like I'm not learning anything from my missed answers. It all just jumbles up in my head and turns to mush!!!! Wow this is frustrating!!

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 89

FAR - 78
    REG - 72,74,71...please just go away REG nobody likes you!
    BEC - 82
    AUD - Aug 16

Larry
    Participant

Wait until chapter 4 in Becker…. :::bangs head on wall::::

AUD - 83
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 78
    REG - 82
    Licensed in Florida

REG - 82
    FAR - 78
    BEC - 76
    AUD - 8/27/16

HoosierCPA
    Participant

don't tell me it gets worse–my self esteem can't handle it.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 89

FAR - 78
    BEC - 82
    AUD - Aug 16

A1lessio
    Participant

@dtatham 10 – what do you consider as bad on the HW?

I think chapter 1,2, & 3 were somewhat straight forward. Once I got a feel for the questions I would score between 60-70% first try and higher second try. For chapter 1, memorizing the auditors report, knowing exactly what goes in the emphasis- of-matter paragraph and understanding the different opinions made it much easier. Going Concern questions are pretty much common sense and for subsequent events you can take educated guesses. Chapter 4 was bad….

AUD - 86
    BEC - 70
    FAR - 78
    REG - 84
    People who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certain pleasurable things in order to obtain a goal are the happiest of men.

AUD (08/02/2016)

HoosierCPA
    Participant

A1lessio I would attribute most my problems to not knowing the auditors report and emphasis of matter. I jumped right into the questions without attempting to memorize them. I'm at around 50% first try, still working my way through the questions.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 89

FAR - 78
    BEC - 82
    AUD - Aug 16

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 914 total)
  • The topic ‘AUD Study Group Q3 2016 - Page 3’ is closed to new replies.