REG Study Group Q4 2018 - Page 10

Viewing 15 replies - 136 through 150 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Tncincy
    Participant

Ok, So I am back to studying. I am currently refreshing reg. I really want to get started on Far as well. Can I switch between Ninja products while using Ninja? or will I have to pay for Reg and Far to at least get the Far notes.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

Allsheneededwassome
    Participant

@Tnciny: I would suggest that you study for one section and take that exam rather than switching between sections. I dont think you can switch between Ninja products but I could be wrong.
    When are you sitting for REG and/or FAR?

80(E)75!

66,69,70,81!

A 71,66,70,72,83!

B 75(E),82!

Ethics 95

Tncincy
    Participant

I plan to get Reg in by at 12/1 or sooner. I really would like to get two in this window. It would be a press but Hey. I have Becker but I wanted to get the Far notes and audio.

It begins with a 75

It begins with a 75

john-stringer
    Participant

Hi

I came across a TBS problem in Wiley for depreciation that I need help with.

The first part of the TBS was assessing how much depreciation to take for a computer purchased. The trick the question maker tried was that the computer was used 40% for business… ok I did fine and picked up on it… use ADS half year convention etc for 40% only but

(here’s where my confusion comes in)

immediately after the 1st portion the 2nd part of the problem had me aggregate 3 other assets bought during the year and they tried to trick me again, 40% purchased in 4th quarter. So it’s mid quarter.

Now the first time tackling the question I added all the assets, computer in first portion and the other 4 assets mentioned in the 2nd portion and I assumed we had to use mid-quarter for all of them!

Why does the question answers show half year for the computer and not mid quarter?! It seems contradictory and some assumptions were made on my part. Please help!

nomorestudying
    Participant

Took REG today… studied for about 3 months. 2-3 hours per day during the week, and about 6 hours per day on the weekends.
    I don’t feel great about it. MC were fair, and I feel ok about them. SIMS were extremely difficult. I used all the time and answered everything even though I thought I was wrong. Worth a shot?

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 78
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Over this
    gir
    Participant

Took REG today. I studied for about 3 months 1-3 hour a night and 5-10 hours on the weekend . I work in audit and REG is not niche. I feel like the MCQs were similar to Becker and I think all but one of the SIMS were easier or the same. I had two memo questions and one of them was brutal. Tried using the authoritative literature but to no avail. Hope it was a throw away. I scored in the high 60s on all three ME (mid 70s on the MCQs). Two taken a week ago and one taken yesterday. This is my helpful hint for those taking REG this quarter. I sort of geared were I focused my studying to areas where the tax law did not change. I was thinking surly they won't ask questions about things that are no longer law. I was wrong. Apparently everything in the 2017 tax law is fair game and you need to know it. Best of luck!

AUD - 86
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 85
    REG - 78
    “If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” Jim Rohn
    Tncincy
    Participant

Best of luck to nomorestudying and Gir, hoping for good test results. And thanks for the heads up as well.
    I hope study is going well for everyone else. Anxiety is really building up again.

It begins with a 75

It begins with a 75

To0ld2Pass
    Participant

8 Days out for me! Won't have much time to review, just starting last section in Becker on business law. Was nervous for FAR and even more for REG :/

AUD - 81
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 76
    REG - 78
    Always chose the road less traveled.
    Tim
    Participant

Good luck man please let us know how it goes. I'm 16 days out myself and feeling shakey. Purchased Ninja and averaging about 75% which isn't awful I guess.

FAR - 97 (10/12/17)
    BEC - 95 (01/15/18)
    AUD - 88 (04/06/18)
    REG - 89 (11/16/18)
    Abby
    Participant

Hey everyone!

Just came upon this forum while trying to get through some REG material. I've been trying to study by watching the lecture, taking notes, and doing the MCQ but I started to forget the material I learned in the previous lectures. At this point it feels like information overload so I'm going to try it the NINJA way. Hopefully the change is strategy helps me get back my grip on reality.

AUD - 91
    BEC - 93
    FAR - 92
    REG - 93
    "It'll all be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."
    eMeRGeD
    Participant

Taking the exam in 4 hours.. 2nd time taking it after a 66 the first time. 70 and 77 on the practice exams in Wiley. Never again will I schedule an exam for anything but 8am, i'm dying until 3pm! I just want to pass 🙁

AUD - 75 - Apr 2018

BEC - 77 - Mar 2018

FAR - 82 - Dec 2018 - I'm Done!

REG - 83 -  Nov 2018

jmodi.mba
    Participant

@EMeRGeD how did it go? I am also using Wiley so would be good to know it that preps you well.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 86
    FAR - 85
    REG - NINJA in Training
    “Beyond our ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there". ― Coleman Barks

Taking REG in T-minus 16 hours. I need a win here

AUD - 75
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 77
    REG - 76
    Licensed in VA
    Tim
    Participant

Example of a BS Gleim question…

Rona Corp.’s 2017 alternative minimum taxable income is $200,000. The exempt portion of Rona’s 2017 alternative minimum taxable income is
    A. $12,750
    B. $27,500
    Answer (B) is correct.
    The basic exemption amount is $40,000. However, this is reduced by 25% of the excess of alternative minimum taxable income over $150,000. Therefore, Rona Corp.’s exemption amount is reduced by $12,500 [($200,000 – $150,000) × 25%]. Rona’s exempt amount is $27,500.
    C. $0
    D. $50,000

They want me to memorize every base amount, phaseout amount and phaseout percentage in the US tax code. Come on man…that's like humanly impossible. I purchased Ninja and I'm amazed how simple all the questions are in Ninja vs Gleim.

FAR - 97 (10/12/17)
    BEC - 95 (01/15/18)
    AUD - 88 (04/06/18)
    REG - 89 (11/16/18)
    CPA2be
    Participant

@Tim, Gleim does that across the book! There was a question where they gave the AGI of the individual, the description of dependents and then asked what would be the amount of the personal exemption that the taxpayer can claim. Well, its Gleim, so obviously the AGI given in the question was exceeding the threshold. Now you need to “remember the threshold” for 5 different categories of filing status and then reduce 2% for 2500 increase. I am not even sure if this is to be remembered, but its crazy!
    Though I believe they are trying to prepare us well for the exam but some questions feel like they are there to troll you! :p

AUD - 84
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 92
    REG - 91
    Consistency is the key!
Viewing 15 replies - 136 through 150 (of 201 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.