FAR – October-November 2009 Window - Page 5

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Studying sucks- hahahaha. I agree! The wiley books is over 1000 pages, that is about 800 pages too many!

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, ME!!!! I want to both scream and cry. I'm about halfway through my Becker lectures and can't believe how much information we are expected to master for this section. I do really bad on the multiple choice questions and think there is just no way I can keep going. I don't even do the supplemetal questions anymore because it's all I can do to get the homework problems done. At least you can tell yourself “you're almost done”. I still have BEC and AUD. May the CPA Exam Gods be kind to you and us all!

iloveaccounting
    Participant

When the AICPA releases wave 1 for FAR, where is that posted? How do we login?

Anonymous
    Inactive

That depends on your state, some states posts with their own site, some states receive their scores via the NASBA site.

Anonymous
    Inactive

*candidates in some states receive scores via their states board, some receive them via the NASBA site

iloveaccounting
    Participant

The dates for the AICPA and NASBA release are different, and I believe I am a NASBA state, so is the AICPA release on the NASBA website?

jeff
    Keymaster

nope…the AICPA release isn't announced officially. I get forwarded the e-mail when it happens and I'll post it here.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys. I am needing some guidance on whether or not my study tactics are sufficient. I am scheduled to take FAR Nov. 25, and I have worked through all the Becker M/C about 4 times (excluding governmental b/c I am saving it until the end). I will be the first to admit there are some questions that I still can't fully understand, but I don't think it is likely that I will walk into this exam knowing each detail of each item that could potentially be addressed. Do you think what I am doing is enough to get a grip on the concepts and tackle this exam? I would love passing FAR to be my christmas present! Btw, I have had issues with foreign currency concepts in the past (BEC memories) and I am wondering if it is something I need to spend a lot of time on with FAR. Can someone give insight into how concerned I should be about that without revealing exam content. I don't want to break any rules!

jeff
    Keymaster

I wouldn't wait until the end to do Gov't MCQs…they (combined with NFP acctg) are 20% of your FAR score.

You need to know how the translation gains/losses for the three main types of securities are disclosed in the F/S.

I would consider getting the Yaeger FAR cram.

-Jeff

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Jeff. I work in governmental accounting, so I am pretty familiar with the concepts (when I say I haven't done the questions, I mean I haven't done them through several times). I have skimmed them at least once.

jeff
    Keymaster

ahhhh…you're more familiar with the material than most, then.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    iloveaccounting
    Participant

I guess I'm confused about where I can get my score when its supposed to be released on the 19th. If you live if a NASBA state, where is it reported on the 19th?

Anonymous
    Inactive

On the NASBA website, theres a place to get scores there, you enter some of your information.

https://www.nasba.org/nasbaweb/NASBAWeb.nsf/wpemp?openform go here, then go to CPA exam, then your state, then scores and so forth.

MadamJ
    Participant

Hi Jeff, when will you be releasing wave 2 predictions for score release?

jeff
    Keymaster

Madam – I should have them out by early next week…waiting for Wave 1 to be over.

-Jeff

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Grades are posted for AUD and FARE in ny, my friend passed audit, AND I PASSED FARE with 75!!!!! I guessed third testlet and left both sims blank, only did memos!!!! And left exam 40 min earlier!!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.