Keymaster

I just checked mine for MA – still error score not found. Nothing yet

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 6,247 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    LSU_BR
    Participant

Just purchased the Gleim questions. I have not had any problems with Becker. However, I am hoping this will maybe break up some of my boredom with FAR. I have been working in the test bank for the last hour and I am seeing questions I have never seen, I think the more questions (and variety of wording) you see before the test helps. The price wasn't bad either.

AUD 95 (3/5/10); BEC 83 (5/28/10); FAR 71, 72, 74, 82 (10/16/10); REG 65,80(11/23/10)
    ALL DONE 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can get the AICPA released questions for free. They aren't used again word for word, but the concepts are similarly tested. I think they are a good review, especially after memorizing the Becker questions and answers.

Last night I was dreaming about working a diluted EPS problem and got the answer right. Then someone asked me my son's name and I couldn't remember. My dreams are trying to tell me something…

Anonymous
    Inactive

For those who took FAR before,

Do you remember seeing a question on Dollar-value LIFO or any other weird inventory methods? I am aware that they are fair game but I wound't want to study for something that very rarely shows up on an exam. Plus I just don't get it nor do I want to!

Thanks!

potatogun
    Participant

I agree that all those “extra” inventory methods are a bit hard to keep track of, but I did have a dollar value LIFO and a cost retail method question I believe. Luckily, I remembered them. I'd imagine only one potential question popping up on those more obscure methods if at all.

FAR 92 - AUD 91 - REG 94 - BEC 86

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks potatogun and good luck on your next section! (-:

There's so much to remember in FAR, my brain can't take it anymore… I'm so glad i took gvpt&nfp acct in college, at least I'm not scared to face F8&9 when i do get to them….when do i get to them? lol (i'm still finishing up F4. oh no!)

potatogun
    Participant

I never had NFP but it wasn't sooo incredibly odd. Government is much worse. But I did take an advanced accounting class that had consolidations and governmental. I hated governmental then and while I studied. Did the worse in that area too according to my score report, heh.

FAR 92 - AUD 91 - REG 94 - BEC 86

Anonymous
    Inactive

I never had a government or NFP class in my life but I actually did “Comparable” on my exam on those topics. Thanks, Becker!

I am starting F8 tomorrow and I am looking forward to it because I am sick of the calculation-intense previous lectures.

lucylaw
    Participant

Just finished my initial round of FAR sections with Becker (the only exception is the HW for accounting for income tax and some sims). I sit on Friday, July 9th. These final two weeks are the scariest to me. I don't want to drop $400 on a final review, so I usually try to go back through and read each section, do the HW again and then the supplemental Q's for the sections I really struggle with. What do you guys do during the last two weeks? When do you usually do your practice exams? How do you keep from feeling totally overwhelmed and under-prepared?

BEC 78 w00t | AUD July | FAR July 9 | REG 85

Anonymous
    Inactive

@cpawannabe,

Your dream is just so sad. But i'm sure your son (or kids) will be very proud of you when they are old enough to and understand why you had to spend a little less time with them. I have so much respect for mothers and fathers who study for this exam, it must be very hard. I'm 22 with no children or in fact any other major responsibilities, yet I'm so overwhelmed by this exam. I truly wish you best of luck!

LaLyCPA
    Participant

I also take the exam in the next two weeks. I'm taking the next two weeks off from work.. (This are supposed to be my vacations). My strategy is to do a progress test to determine my weakest areas which I know for sure are bonds and income tax. Spend two or three days doing

all the questions that I got wrong in the HW including the supplemental m/c then do the Becker Final Review and the Final Exams.. Does this look like a good plan???? I did a progess test today and score a 70% although I haven't finished lecture F9.. I have been studying for the past six weeks.. Any advice that I can receive will be really appreciated..

Good luck to everyone !! :0)

FARbehind
    Participant

big shot cpa

VA is not NASBA state but an independent state…

aud,bec,reg-passed
    far-->75 Done!!!!!
    ethics-100

Anonymous
    Inactive

FARbehind,

now that i looked, it really isn't a nasba state, thanks. not sure where i got this misinfo 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just found a test bank online for whoever needs some different questions. Check out CPAREVIEWFORFREE.COM

From practice exams, select Fin Acct & Reporting then either click start exam->begin exam or pick a particular topic and then start exam->begin exam. Questions look good and gives you answer explanations too.

FARbehind
    Participant

cpareviewforfree has awesome questions … but sometimes the questions have too many facts in them and I get discouraged just by reading them (i.e bonds and leases). the real cpa exam questions can be tricky but rarely have too many facts.

aud,bec,reg-passed
    far-->75 Done!!!!!
    ethics-100

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys, I've taken three out of four using Wiley only, so far I'm not dissapointed with the results…..I put on a lot of hours though, but I haven't been surprised with any questions out of the left field yet….I would recomend to go over all MC's in Wiley at least once…Good lucl with FAR people!!

REG: 75 BEC: 77 AUD:83 FAR: 08/10

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 6,247 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.