FAR Study Group Q4 2014 - Page 107

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

SO I know every test is different but does anyone have any insight on what has been heavily tested recently? I take the exam Monday and I need to narrow my focus….Thanks!

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 1,591 through 1,605 (of 1,629 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Gatorgirl1231
    Participant

@ Determined CPA. Good Luck tomorrow, let us know how it goes.

Florida Candidate

AUD: 77
    REG: 86
    FAR: TBD
    BEC: 79 (Expired)

salring
    Participant

@Ninja, don't worry too much, you may do better than you think you did plus am not as sure as Nick. I have a 50/50 chance of passing or failing so you are not alone. Am equally unsure of how I will perform.

Anonymous
    Inactive

To clarify, I felt good with the MCQ, similar to my REG experience. SIMs weren't fun.

Well I've got FAR at 12:30 today/tomorrow (Saturday). Just took the AICPA practice exam and boy do I hope I get Sims like those on my test

AUD - 08/04/14 - 83
    FAR - 11/29/14 - 80
    REG - 02/26/15 - 89
    BEC - 05/30/15 - 86

DONE!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm taking FAR tomorrow and it is my last one… I have been studying like crazy and still feel like i haven't gotten to everything!! The anxiety with it being the last test has been insane!! I'm so dreading tomorrow, but at the same time I am SO TIRED OF STUDYING!!!

Determined CPA
    Participant

Good morning, Ninjas!

Of course, didn't sleep well last night – formulas running through my brain like crazy! coco1986, I feel the same, like no matter how much I study, I still don't know it all. I didn't feel this way on the other 3 tests. Hoping what I've done will be enough!

Good luck to everyone today and tomorrow!! Hopefully NONE of us have to click on the Q1 2015 (gross, right?) link and study this section again!

Each of you are in my prayers and thoughts – be confident and let's slay this beast!

A - 75
    B - 78 God is good.
    F - 77 Answered prayers.
    R - 84! Done!!

Paperwork sent - waiting for license!!
    Still on a cloud and in shock. Through God, all things will happen.

hudnetj

MC was fine.. SIMs SUCKEDDD. Lets hope for the best come December 9th. lot of concepts for sure. statement of cash flow sim wasnt bad. bonds sim sucked. JEs sucked..

What were ya'll sims like? Hopefully my MC will push me over that 75

BEC - 76
    REG - 76
    FAR - 77
    AUD - 63, 89

DONE!!

CPA 3/15

That was absolutely horrible

I had 6 SIMS that were very confusing, each requiring either journal entries or to fill in gigantic columns worth of numbers. Most of which I wasn't even sure what they were asking for either.

MC probably wasn't that good either. There were many very little things in the Becker book that I had questions on that unless I read the book in depth 10 times I'd have never gotten right. I doubt the questions got harder because they all felt similar, I just didn't know a good chunk of the answers. Gotta get prepared to do it again because there's no way I passed

AUD - 08/04/14 - 83
    FAR - 11/29/14 - 80
    REG - 02/26/15 - 89
    BEC - 05/30/15 - 86

DONE!

hudnetj

@lonewolf yeah i know what you mean man. they asked the most detailed dumb questions like how many days does a large accelerator have to file a 10-K.. how do you expect me to remember that with the other 340958 things i need to memorize

BEC - 76
    REG - 76
    FAR - 77
    AUD - 63, 89

DONE!!

CPA 3/15

Determined CPA
    Participant

Just got back! MC wasn't too awful. Lots of ifrs, NO BONDS!! imagine!? 4 of the sims were doable. The other 3 were miserable! Here's to hoping!

A - 75
    B - 78 God is good.
    F - 77 Answered prayers.
    R - 84! Done!!

Paperwork sent - waiting for license!!
    Still on a cloud and in shock. Through God, all things will happen.

yanks2

Took it today too.

MCQ wasnt too bad. First testlet was incredibly easy. Only flagged 3 and even those I think I got right, I just wasn't 100% sure.

2nd and 3rd testlets were definitely harder but I think I did ok.

SIMS were tough. Lots of JEs. Some of them it was tough to decide what it was asking. Maybe I was just overthinking it. I dk, guess we'll see Dec 9th. Good luck to you guys.

Anonymous
    Inactive

MC's felt good about, think I went medium-hard-hard.

SIM's were so-so, a lot of times I wasn't really sure what they were asking for and similar experience to everyone else that replied above.

Question on research SIM: if it is only asking for the section, would I be correct in leaving the paragraph blank? I have looked in the forums and no definitive answer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So a lot of us got straightforward conceptual MCQ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

_nick_ I believe so. There were a handful of tricky ones in my opinion, a word or 2 changed my answer several times.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is good news. Means our tests were of the same origin in my opinion.

I hate speculating on this prior to score release day.

My friend, who is nothing short of brilliant, said her FAR Sims were horrendous in Q2 window.

Viewing 15 replies - 1,591 through 1,605 (of 1,629 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.