[FAR] Exam Prep and Score Releases: April/May 2010

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 1,694 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I wonder who will be taking The Beast with me in the Wave 1 window this time. This is my last section to get through (hopefully, still waiting on BEC scores). I've used Becker so far for the other 3 and done great on the two sections I've gotten scores on with it. I start the Becker live classes on Wednesday. I'm shooting for an April 15th test date, but not set in stone on that one yet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

April 15! I will be curled up in the fetal position on that day after a long tax season.

I am shooting for the end of May for my retake. It was torture waiting for my score for so long this last time.

AARON
    Participant

I am taking the beast Thursday after using Becker to prepare the last month… however, I don't feel as though I have had enough time to really prepare, so as a contingency plan, I am going to plan to keep studying after my test Thursday… however, I am not so sure I want to use Becker to do that again (I may get so bored reviewing the same stuff I might actually like it)… what products are you guys going to use to study (if not Becker)?

? AUD - 87 (8/12/09)
    ? REG - 77 (1/15/10
    ? BEC - 77 (1/6/09 - Expired) / 79 (11/18/10)
    ? FAR - 75 (2/11/11)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am set to take FAR 4/27, and I really don't want to push it back any further given the fact I originally wanted to be done with this exam in 2009. I have used Becker for all three sections so far, and I am using Becker for FAR. I am planning on hitting the first 2 chapters this weekend while my girlfriend is out of town. Hopefully I will be in the wave 1 score release so I can find out soon!

rahulcpa
    Participant

Dale

I am taking Far April30. Indeed it is a beast. The only thing that I am trying to do is to stay focus and keep doing things over and over

BEC - 82 Reg-87 Aud - 86 Far - 81 (THANX THE LORD)
    (Dr CPA (Asset)
    Cr Life) 😉 (revenue)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I look forward to suffering with you all over the next couple of months.

Guccimane
    Participant

I have to take it in wave1 if I fail but I pray and feel good about passing this time! Good luck everyone study always and learn as much as you can

83 Reg, 76 BEC, 94 Aud, 79 Far

Done ......!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will be taking FAR on April 1 after studying since january 11. Right now I am in Chapter 7 (Becker) and then studying 8 and 9; Then, I will re-read all the chapters and do the mcqs and simulations.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have scheduled FAR for April 2. This is my second time taking it (58 first time). I was supposed to retake it in February but I pushed it back and I have not been studying. It is really intimidating me right now….I am using Becker. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? The first time I studied, I watched all lectures, most of the MCQ and notecards. For this time I have re-read the book and taken notes thru f-5 but I have not touched it in 3 weeks…..I just do not know how to get remotivated. To make it worse I took REG in the begining of January and my score was not released in the First Wave…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sadly this is a club that I too must join. FAR is set for May 28th. Suffering begins in 2 weeks.

LSU_BR
    Participant

I'm in for FAR on April 5th. Second time taking it. It's a beast, but I feel more confident than I did the first time. Still, this section causes me GREAT anxiety.

AUD 95 (3/5/10); BEC 83 (5/28/10); FAR 71, 72, 74, 82 (10/16/10); REG 65,80(11/23/10)
    ALL DONE 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

What was your technique in the first try?

LSU_BR
    Participant

I watched all the lectures and did all hw questions (4-5 times). Made a 71. I did the same for AUD but I started logging my grades with the intent of getting 90s and above on all sections. When I started to re-study, I went back and looked at my grades and was stunned that I had left them in the 60s and 70s, mainly. For me, logging my progress helps keep me honest and it becomes a competition with myself to improve each round. Hoping it works. I am on round 3 (lecture 6) and hope to get through 4 rounds by April 5th. Scores are all in the 90s, except maybe 3-4 80s (that I intend on bringing up). I want to do some supplementals too, it's just they are soooo numerous.

AUD 95 (3/5/10); BEC 83 (5/28/10); FAR 71, 72, 74, 82 (10/16/10); REG 65,80(11/23/10)
    ALL DONE 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did you practice the final exams?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm set for the beast of FAR on May 5th and hoping not to have any new simulations on my exam when I take it. I don't know if I could go through being pushed to Wave 2 in this window like I was with AUD in Q1. It's my second time taking FAR (April of 2009), but it's been SO long that I feel like I'm struggling to re-learn all of the material and concepts again.

I'm using Becker and viewing the F7 lectures today. I'm supplementing with Yaeger Audio as well. I also have the Yaeger HomeStudy; so, if I'm struggling with anything in mid-April still, I'm turning to that for clarification…or at least it'll hopefully clarify the topics. lol. I want to get this over, done with, and go on with my life to enjoy the summer and hopefully finally get a job again!

Best of luck to everybody testing in this window!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 1,694 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.