FAR CPA Exam Scores: October-November 2009 - Page 91

Viewing 15 replies - 1,351 through 1,365 (of 1,367 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    shaina0707
    Participant

i also wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone and good luck to anyone still waiting on scores!

I know that the only person you take the exam for is yourself, and even though I really looked forward to being able to tell all those who supported me that I was finally done (or apologize to all those who put up with my nightmarish behavior the past year-primarily, my boyfriend, poor guy), the absolute best feeling was the sense of personal achievement I had when I saw my score. All the long hours I put in, the moments of self-doubt when I felt like I couldn't handle the pressure and the amount of studying that is required, and the feelings of guilt for the quality time I missed spending with my family and friends-they all seemed worth it when I got that last passing score. I feel like this was one of the hardest goals to achieve in my life, and I am so happy that I stuck with it and believed in myself in the end.

Good luck to everyone that is working on exams-the feeling you will have when you are done will be well worth it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

passed FAR with an 83. Done after a year…buying Jeff some beer to thank him for the site in the hopes that he continues to run it to help future candidates…I stumbled across the site when I had googled “score release” back in February after I had taken my first section…So glad I did.

Congrats to all those who passed and to those who didn't, keep going. It's well worth the time and effort.

Anonymous
    Inactive

AUD-NY

That's the plan! I was waiting to start studying because I wanted to know whether I would need to retake FAR. I didn't want to switch topics and so this will be good because it's still fresh in my mind if I retake FAR in Jan. If I was smart I would've continued to study FAR while waiting just in case – but my mind became mush once I got out of that exam! What a beast! I hope to take FAR in Jan, kill REG in Feb and be done! This way I won't lose AUD…ugh! Good luck to you!

pleasepassNY
    Participant

I passed my last part with a 75……..wow, I feel like I really dodged a bullet. If i hadn't passed, I would have started studying again last night because the only time I would have had to take the exam again (before losing another part) would have been in 2 weeks! I agree with you thabizzleness….I ran out of time towards the end……I spent all my time on the communication portion on my last sim and did a good job with that….but left all the other tabs blank cuz time ran out…and I still passed….so i really think they put a lot of consideration into the communication portion.

Congrats to everyone who passed….and those who didn't….keep trying. This has been almost a 4 year battle for me and I never thought this day would come!

Happy holidays.

PaulP
    Participant

Just received my FAR score and it was a 92. I can't freakin believe it. One down and three to go.

Last2Know
    Participant

Well I'm dissilusioned. Thank G-d i passed FAR really well when i thought i failed big time. i ran out of time on the simulations. The grading system is to funny to ever know how you did. Some MCQ count more than others. Simulation tabs are graded so differently from each other. Depending on how well your doing the questions get harder, and 15% of the test doesn't even count. You can never know how you did before your graded. It just feels like there is way to much power in the hands of the graders. I feel like they pic our names out of a hat and decide whether they want to pass us or not.

TXnewbie
    Participant

I feel the same way pleasepassNY – I scored a 75 on FAR, my first test! Popped the cherry, now time to hunker down for the long haul…3 weeks till REG!

FAR - 75 (11/09) LOST credit
    REG - 79 (06/10) LOST credit
    BEC - 73 (05/03/10), 83 01/14/11 LOST credit
    AUD - 74 (02/28/11) 74!!! (05/30/11)

BEC - 77 (02/18/14)
    AUD - April
    REG - May
    FAR - Later

Anonymous
    Inactive

Last2Know – I totally agree. It is too mysterious and we really have no recourse. It's a one-sided process. I studied the same each time I took FAR and my score reports were all over the place. I basically just had to keep trying blindly (I didn't really know which area I needed to focus on to improve, the score report itself has a bunch of disclaimers on it; it didn't help at all). Finally I passed FAR. The other 3 sections I passed on the first try. And I'll never understand why you get 4 1/2 hours for AUD and only 4 hours for FAR. FAR has tons of calculations and I always ran out of time, no matter how much I watched the clock. Some of it is definitely related to LUCK.

Anonymous
    Inactive

82 here! Whoo-hoo! Now if only I could trade 2 of those pts over to audit. I lost bec with the 73 from aud in oct. So plan is aud in jan & bec in feb so I don't lose reg 4/30

Stiff Pain
    Participant

81 on my first one, off to a good start but still only 25% done. Back to the books, I will finally be able to study again.

FAR-81 BEC-87 AUD-85 REG 5/24/10

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I am from GA and still have not received my score. Anybody still waiting? Does anyone know have all the scores been realised?

It must be my luck, last window I waited for AUD for almost an extra week.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Best bet call NASBA

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can't call, I am in Europe right now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Congrats to all you that passed 🙂

srw814
    Participant

Well, I have been watching this website for the past couple of months and decided it was time for me to post. I am super excited that I have passed FAR and REG the first go round. Failing BEC and AUD was kinda rough….but I have decided I am not gonna let it get me down. Right back to the grindstone and start studying again.

Good luck to everyone that is still working on the exams. And Happy Holidays!!!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 1,351 through 1,365 (of 1,367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.