4 Weeks Away From FAR - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    mkramer324

Hello Everyone,

I am currently 4 weeks away from taking FAR and I have just completed the lectures and MCQs for all ten of the Becker chapters (still have to do most of the SIMS). I have taken a few 30 MCQ progress tests combining all 10 chapters. I am consistently scoring in the mid 50s. Obviously this is not what I had hoped for at this point.

I was wondering what I should do to improve over the next 4 weeks. I also have the wiley test bank and the 2013 ninja notes. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amay

Even though I got stronger on govt. this last time I got weaker on NFP. So yeah, I will definitely admit I underestimated that section a bit.

BEC: 73, 81
    AUD: 85
    FAR: 71, 77
    REG: 74, 75...finally DONE! 😀

*This is my 2nd attempt at the CPA exam. For all of you who have failed this exam many times, given up on it, or taken a break like me, remember that it is still possible to finish what you started...failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently 🙂

ymmit

dont waste much time on the sims, look them over “quickly” but other than that its a waste imo

Licensed CPA!

ymmit

dont waste much time on the sims, look them over “quickly” but other than that its a waste imo

Licensed CPA!

rosey720

thank you everyone.. why is FAR so beastly?! too much information and too little time… but we will get there!!

rosey720

thank you everyone.. why is FAR so beastly?! too much information and too little time… but we will get there!!

zieba
    Participant

“question: is governmental accounting REALLY going to be a big topic? I kind of feel like I am wasting precious time… has anyone heard anything about heavier tested areas? Please help! “

Aye Carramba!!

Consider chapter eight and nine to be a gift, and love it like the gift that it is :)… it's information that is reasonably understandable and oh so heavily tested on the exam. In both MCQ and SIM format.

AUD - 75*, 88 done 5/14! (*exp)
    BEC - 74 , 77
    REG - 65 , 76 (10 point combooo!!)
    FAR - 69 , 75

Dr: perseverance
    Dr: intelligence
    Dr: luck
    . Cr: . advisory score

zieba
    Participant

“question: is governmental accounting REALLY going to be a big topic? I kind of feel like I am wasting precious time… has anyone heard anything about heavier tested areas? Please help! “

Aye Carramba!!

Consider chapter eight and nine to be a gift, and love it like the gift that it is :)… it's information that is reasonably understandable and oh so heavily tested on the exam. In both MCQ and SIM format.

BEC - 74 , 77
    FAR - 69 , 75

zieba
    Participant

and yes FAR is just a beast. I'm doing AUD now… I glanced at my stack of notes and was like… there has to be more, this is it?! Wiley test bank has a laughable number of questions… I used to run practice exams for FAR for like a four of the entire AUD bank…thank jeebus that is behind me now.

I made up my signature after getting my FAR score.

BEC - 74 , 77
    FAR - 69 , 75

zieba
    Participant

and yes FAR is just a beast. I'm doing AUD now… I glanced at my stack of notes and was like… there has to be more, this is it?! Wiley test bank has a laughable number of questions… I used to run practice exams for FAR for like a four of the entire AUD bank…thank jeebus that is behind me now.

I made up my signature after getting my FAR score.

BEC - 74 , 77
    FAR - 69 , 75

Guti
    Participant

Zieba , the real exam has just too many questions on gov and NFP to ignore those two chapters.

FAR-84
    AUD-
    REG-
    BEC-

Guti
    Participant

Zieba , the real exam has just too many questions on gov and NFP to ignore those two chapters.

FAR-84
    AUD-
    REG-
    BEC-

yourmomsaCPA
    Participant

Do a CRAM if you've got the $$! With this particular section, it's really helpful.

FAR - 87 2/18/14
    AUD - 84 4/2/14
    REG - 87 7/23/14
    BEC - 78 8/26/14

I'm finally an *official* CPA - TX

yourmomsaCPA
    Participant

Do a CRAM if you've got the $$! With this particular section, it's really helpful.

FAR - 87 2/18/14
    AUD - 84 4/2/14
    REG - 87 7/23/14
    BEC - 78 8/26/14

yourmomsaCPA
    Participant

And I would spend time on SIMs. Seriously. It's 40% of your grade for 7 little questions. Practice a few research SIMs b/c those should be gifts (I had TWO on my exam and literally had no clue what a research SIM even was until the day before. Blonde.) I would focus on SIMs where you have to make JE's (so, not so much the matching, T/F, etc – those can be practiced with MCQ's) and fill in tables/worksheets. MCQs don't really prep you for those and some people freak.

FAR - 87 2/18/14
    AUD - 84 4/2/14
    REG - 87 7/23/14
    BEC - 78 8/26/14

yourmomsaCPA
    Participant

And I would spend time on SIMs. Seriously. It's 40% of your grade for 7 little questions. Practice a few research SIMs b/c those should be gifts (I had TWO on my exam and literally had no clue what a research SIM even was until the day before. Blonde.) I would focus on SIMs where you have to make JE's (so, not so much the matching, T/F, etc – those can be practiced with MCQ's) and fill in tables/worksheets. MCQs don't really prep you for those and some people freak.

FAR - 87 2/18/14
    AUD - 84 4/2/14
    REG - 87 7/23/14
    BEC - 78 8/26/14

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.