- This topic has 37 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 2 months ago by .
In reply to your email and our earlier discussion please see the following outline:
Candidate procedures in the event now Tropical Storm Isaac has an adverse impact on the administration of the CPA examinations.
1a. If the site is closed and therefore appointments cancelled, Prometric (Outbound Team) will contact the affected candidates to assist them in rescheduling. However, due to conditions uncertainty there is no guarantee you will/can be contacted.
1b. If an extension of the NTS is required the candidates will be referred to NASBA.
2. Candidates should contact Prometric for updates on the status of their test site location with respect to their appointment date. Test site closures are listed and updated at: http://www.prometric.com/sitestatus
3. If the site is open candidates need to make an effort to attend the appointment providing their safety and well-being is not at risk.
4. If the site is open and the candidate cannot attend due to safety and road/travel concerns, outages, etc., the candidate should contact NASBA via email (address: firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide:
a) candidate’s name as it appears on the NTS
b) section and 7 digit section ID number
c) appointment date
d) test site location
e) a detailed outline of the circumstance which prevented attending the appointment
f) weather verification to support the reason(s) for not being able to attend; which can take the form of links (or scanned documents) to adverse weather conditions in the area
g) whether there is an NTS expiration issue.
NASBA will promptly investigate the candidate’s report and when verified provide support by assisting in rescheduling the appointment.
5. At this time Prometric has given no indication of extending the current testing window.
We wish you the best as you continue in your professional development. If you have any further concerns or queries please let us know.
I didn’t know Prometric made the decision to extend a testing window but apparently they do and it looks like I’m heading south Friday morning.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.