[BEC] Exam Prep and Score Releases: April/May 2010 - Page 3

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

I am taking BEC May 29th. I will start studying once REG is over (tomorrow!). Hope this one isn’t too bad!

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 1,518 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    makeithappen
    Participant

Hopeful: For 3 and 5 don't get overwhelmed by the gigantic amount of supplemental questions. I only did them once and then focused on the other questions. They are a repeat of the regular MCs and consume too much time. Don't get too caught-up in the variance formulas – the DADS mneunomic and knowing the 3 key overhead variances will prepare you well. Know that the MC questions for 3 & 5 can be multidimensional and complex. Just fight through them and know you will prevail. By the third time through them, you will be able to recognize the format and how to approach the questions. My first time through 3 & 5 were overwhelming, but by the 3rd time the mysteries were solved. Writing down all of the formulas for all of the chapters helps. Even though they took up two pages eventually they stuck – easy points. Make It Happen! Goodluck!

AUD 98 | FAR 90 | BEC 88 | REG 94 (5/27/10) AICPA Tea Party Member

hopeful_cpa
    Participant

makeithappen: were the questions from 3 and 5 on the exam as complex and difficult as the becker questions?

BEC: Done
    REG: Done
    AUD: Done
    FAR: Done

I'M DONE!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

makeithappen–what is the pneumonic DADS, I use Yaeger and was wondering what that meant.

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with Makeithappen: the exam wasn't as hard as the Becker questions. Some calculations were a little difficult, but overall there weren't as many calculations as I was expecting.

hopeful_cpa
    Participant

when doing the practice questions with becker, who knows what formula to use and when? sometimes the questions are solved without using any formula at all. does anybody have any insight on this? i know i sound like a whiny child with BEC, lol, but this chapter 5 is difficult.

BEC: Done
    REG: Done
    AUD: Done
    FAR: Done

I'M DONE!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LSU_BR
    Participant

Terrible day taking FAR….but come home and see my old friend Olinto is back in BEC. I truly prefer him to Tim Gerty (sp?).

AUD 95 (3/5/10); BEC 83 (5/28/10); FAR 71, 72, 74, 82 (10/16/10); REG 65,80(11/23/10)
    ALL DONE 🙂

financeguy
    Participant

Just got done. I originally took it on 3/6 and scored a 74. This time I felt waaayyy better coming out of there. I finished w/ over an hour left. I'm pretty sure I got every one w/ a calculation correct. I'll be shocked if I don't pass this time. There was a couple of questions where I really wasn't even sure what they were talking about.

AUD - 81, BEC - 74, 80, FAR - 82, REG - 81
    Done!

MPoni123
    Participant

nice job financeguy!! just called becker and reordered 2010 software for BEC and FAR. took BEC in march and got a 66!

🙁 definitely gonna have to buckle down and really understand the concepts because clearly i didn't first time around. i hope it wasn't a mistake ordering becker again for BEC.

2 down….2 to go. will take BEC probably beginning of may and then FAR beginning of july.

how is everybody's studying coming along?

CPA Valenz – DADS i think is related to the mneumonic “PURE DADS” which is price = d x actual, usage = d x standard, rate = d x actual and efficiency = d x standard. sorry i can't remember what the d stands for!

basically p = d x a; u = d x s; r = d x a; e = d x s

AUD - 84; REG - 90; BEC - 79; FAR - 75; ALL DONE!!

MPoni123
    Participant

jeff – i still have the Yaeger CRAM for 2009 which i never even opened first time around! you think i can get away with watching it with becker BEC 2010 material?

what do you think?

jeff
    Keymaster

Mponi – I would stick with the 2009 cram…you'll be fine especially for BEC.

-Jeff

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks mponi

UGH…CPA
    Participant

Studying for BEC…again. This will be my 5th time taking it. The first time I got a 73. Second and third 69. Fourth 71. Since I didn't pass BEC my FAR grade expired…ugh!!! I plan on taking BEC on 4/22 (then taking a short vacation) and FAR at the end of May (then taking another vacation). Hoping for the best this time. Happy Studying everyone and Good luck on the exam.

Is anyone using the Wiley BEC 2010 Test Bank CD to study? I have a question on number 53 in Cost Measurement module. Is this question missing information? I have not been able to figure out how the came up with the answer.

I'm not sure what the copyright laws are so i didn't want to post the question on here. If it's ok to post the question, please let me know and I will be happy to.

MPoni123
    Participant

thanks, jeff.

UGH…CPA – i don't think it is a problem posting the question on here. i don't think that violates any copyright laws. i know other people who have posted becker questions in here before to try and get some help. so by all means…post away! i use becker and am not familiar with the wiley material but i am sure one of us can help.

UGH…CPA
    Participant

I thought i've seen some before but i wasn't too sure. Better safe than sorry 🙂

My question is…

During the current year, the following manufacturing activity took place for the company's products:

Beginning WIP 70% complete

Units started into production during the year 150,000 units

Units completed during the year 140,000 units

Ending WIP 25% complete

What was the number of equivalent units produced using the first-in, first- out method?

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, I took the exam on 4/1. This was my second time around. I got a 68 the first time. Terrible week and testing experience, just caught some bad luck. This is my final exam. FAR – 79, AUD – 80, REG – 76 – BEC – waiting.

I have become an expert in what NOT to do when it comes to studying. I used Becker for the first three and do not recommend in for BEC. If you are just even a little bit familiar witht he course material, Gleim is the way to. 98 bucks will get you the software, 1735 questions in test and study format, you can print questions, reorder them, randomize the answer selections. The book cuts straight to the point without all the fluff Becker has. The test questions this time around were no where near the difficulty of Becker or Gleim. Becker gives so many more formulas than you need and half of the stuff they expound on you will never see. Most of it is extremely outdated.

Hang in there UGH..CPA.. I know the feeling….

I read every page of the book and highlight important parts and used colored flags to mark the pages with formulas. I answered every problem and while i answered them, I marked all the ones that i felt were questions that would be good to review during my final review. I picked ones that i missed because i did not know the answer and the ones with key formulas, definitions and concepts and left all the others out. That dwindled 1735 down to 800 for my final review.

In summary, without knowing my latest score, there was not one questions that I had not seen something similar to except for a few questions on the first testlet. There were a few questions on the first testlet that did not make any sense and out of all the questions i answered I did not even know how to really approach them. The second and third tabs were much straightforward and followed exactly what i read and studied.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 1,518 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.