[Q3] AUD Study Group 2014 - Page 9

Viewing 15 replies - 121 through 135 (of 1,389 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@katerina2665: I'm jealous. I wish NASBA would rub my nose in it just once. I haven't gotten my score notification yet, which is really frustrating. When do you plan to sit again?

katerina2665
    Participant

@zieba, not to rush and read through is the best tip of them all, but who listens šŸ™‚

you see, my biggest problem was, i understudied and total lack of any drive. If i spend hundreds of hours on other 3 exams, when i finished FAR, i was totally burned. This was my first time going for AUD. My head was empty, i could not put any information inside. I would do the most stupid mistakes on Becker, score in 30-40s (the lowest of all exams). I wanted to reschedule, but then everyone told me to go for it.

The exam itself, as crazy as it sounds, did not feel super hard. The questions were smooth and kinda short, the problem is, in the middle of 3 testlet i was so tired and bored I wanted to stand up and leave. The SIMS were actually better than any other i've seen. FAR ones were kinda easy, 2 research i found positive they were correct, and other 3 were manageable. I left an hour early and i think i NEVER ever felt this glad something was over.

i definitely bit more than i can chew trying to pass all 4 in 2 months.

NYS CPA since December, 2016
    katerina2665
    Participant

@CPA, im planning the earliest i can. I should receive the go for scheduling tomm or Thursd. Praying there will be a spot for 1-2 of July anywhere in NYC. If not, then after the 9th.

Anyway, August 4th it is when we receive the score>? Sight…

NYS CPA since December, 2016
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The next release should be Friday, August 1st. The target date is Monday, the 4th.

mjp44

hey nerds…going through Becker ch 1 now and im getting hung up on a lot of this material. My question is for the emphasis of matter paragraph vs other-matter paragraphs. It sounds like the emphasis of matter paragraphs includes the following:

1. Going concern issues of the audited company

2. Describe a change in accounting principle

3. Subsequently discovered facts lead to a change in audit opinion.

4. Financial statements are prepared in accordance with an applicable special purpose framework.

So basically does the other matters paragraph include all other issues that should be communicated?

FAR- PASSED (11/13)
    REG- PASSED (2/14)
    BEC- PASSED (5/14)
    AUD- PASSED (8/14)

If it's important to you, you will find a way. If it isn't, you will find an excuse.

iddyrashy

@mjp44 I this emphasis of the matter paragraph pinpoint three things either Consistency, Going Concern or departure from GAAP. Other staff use other matter.

AUD 89 (07/06/14)
    REG 83 (08/27/2015)
    FAR 78 (04/27/2015)
    BEC 75 (11/13/2015)

TEXAS 2016

NYCaccountant
    Participant

Actually a departure from GAAP is an adverse or qualified opinion. Emphasis of matter is just an extra paragraph when you issue unqualified opinions, cause the financials are still materially correct, you just want to emphasis either a significant fire or catastrophic event, going concern issue, inconsistent use of principles, uncertainty, or subsequent events. When you have a departure from GAAP and it's material, you can't issue an unqualified report because the financials are not materially correct with respect to GAAP, so you must qualify your opinion.

Other matter paragraphs are used to describe situations where required or voluntary supplemental info is included with the financials, or MD&A and the auditor has to see if this info is consistent with the audited financials.

AUD - 99
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    NYC born and raised.

FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    BEC - 84!!!!
    AUD - 99!!!!!! CPA exam complete.

iddyrashy

@NYCaccountant I didn't clarify the point, justified change in accounting principle need emphasis of the matter.

AUD 89 (07/06/14)
    REG 83 (08/27/2015)
    FAR 78 (04/27/2015)
    BEC 75 (11/13/2015)

TEXAS 2016

NYCaccountant
    Participant

@iddyrashy Let me know if you agree:

Justified requires an emphasis of matter.

Unjustified is an departure from GAAP.

Somehow I have it stuck in my head like that.

AUD - 99
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    NYC born and raised.

FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    BEC - 84!!!!
    AUD - 99!!!!!! CPA exam complete.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, all! I'm taking my exam on July 7th. I'm using Becker and finally starting A3. Gotta buckle down! Any words of encouragement? I need to stop procrastinating…

Fk
    Participant

” The materiality determined when planning the audit does not necessarily establish an amount below which uncorrected misstatements, individually or in the aggregate, will always be evaluated as immaterial. The circumstances related to some misstatements may cause the auditor to evaluate them as material even if they are below materiality. Although it is not practicable to design audit procedures to detect misstatements that could be material solely because of their nature (that is, qualitative considerations), the auditor considers not only the size but also the nature of uncorrected misstatements, and the particular circumstances of their occurrence, when evaluating their effect on the financial statements. ”

Please any one can explain me what this paragraph means?

Fk
    Fk
    Participant

@ Cindywindy !!! keep going …

Fk
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Cindywindy,

I'm in the middle of Becker A3 myself. Keep it up.

I also purchased the Ninja Notes, Blitz, and MC.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do you think Ninja MCQ is enough to supplement with Becker or should I get the notes as well? I really want to get AUD over with since it's my last one lol. Just have to get my motivation back. I lost it somewhere during REG, haha.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Something I forgot, Don't Procrastinate.

I scored a 72, then thought, well I'm just a couple of points short, a quick review, and I'm good.

Thought, well two weeks, a little more thorough review, hit the sims hard because that's my weakness.

This time I'm redoing everything with a vengeance I'm tired of being embarrassed about my scores. Plus I'm tired of spending the money.

Viewing 15 replies - 121 through 135 (of 1,389 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.