[Q3] AUD Study Group 2014 - Page 91

Viewing 15 replies - 1,351 through 1,365 (of 1,389 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just from personal experience, the audit research questions are much harder than the FAR ones. Even if you know the code sections, it won't be easy. Try doing a few practice ones before the exam and maybe that will help.

I'm also a bit confused on who is a covered member and who is not. Ninja Notes say 5%, and I believe Wiley says 10%.

On2Sum

@CPAHOPEFUL1

Covered member= all partners in the office connected with the attest engagement.

ie: Partners, managers who provide non-attest services to the attest client.

–All members of the attest engagement team.

–The firm itself.

–Any parties who can influence the attest engagement.

FAR - 79
    REG - 76
    AUD - 94
    BEC - 77

DONE! DONE!! DONE!!!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts"
    -Winston Churchill

Hi guys, I am set to take AUD in 2 days, and just wanted to know which of the symbols are the most important to study, and any other areas where I should really hone in on during my final review?

REG-79(7/14)

BEC-76(7/14)

AUD-88(02/15)

FAR-73(10/14), Waiting on score 02/24/15

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ruby what do you mean by symbols?

They are the symbols from the flowcharts in chapter 4 of becker

REG-79(7/14)

BEC-76(7/14)

AUD-88(02/15)

FAR-73(10/14), Waiting on score 02/24/15

Tarheelgirl

Hey guys, I am practicing researching in the AL. It sure is harder than FAR. I am using the 6 month free literature from the AICPA. In their Auditing AL, it has AU and AU-C what is the difference in these? They basically say the same exact thing maybe one or two words may be different in a paragraph. I keep accidently choosing the AU instead of AU-C and then get the problem wrong.

FAR - 46, 79 (7/8/14)
    AUD - 56, 59, 2/23/15 3rd times a charm!
    BEC - 69, 74 Really??
    REG - April, I hope. Fingers crossed!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yah but you'll at least run into similar structured problems like research questions for example.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just took AUD yesterday.. OMG! Is it normal to finish exam 1 hr 20 min early? I'm freaking out. I think pretty good about MC – nothing unexpected, but SIMS just killed me! And I didn't want to go back and check my answers because usually when I do that I change them to wrong ones, so I just went with my guts… And research was so hard! When practicing at home, I never spent more than a couple of minutes on research and my answer was ALWAYS correct. On the exam, it took me at least 30 minutes to find the answer and I'm still not sure if it's right… ughhh now this waiting is going to kill me…

agniesiek, i also took it yesterday…..but it took me whole 4 hours to complete….sims reminded me of FAR but the MCQ was medium harder easy

BEC Passed
    FAR Passed
    AUD Passed
    REG Passed

MBAin2014

agniesiek, I finished 1 hour and 45 minutes early after going back through the SIMS twice. It's unnerving because I walked out of BEC unsure (scored 88) and REG feeling like I failed (scored 91) while AUD just didn't seem difficult. Probably will fail it. I was actually disappointed because it seemed the same questions were just rehashed again and again rather than covering the vast amount of material studied. The first test let took only 15 minutes and the other two I flagged some questions but then figured if I don't know it by now, it's not going to magically come to me.

Here's hoping we just got the luck of the draw with easy questions and SIMS.

BEC 88 (05/14)
    REG 91 (07/14)
    AUD 83 (08/14)
    FAR 90 (10/14)

YoungNC

So from what I've heard, there seems to be a good chance of seeing SIMs related to FAR, would it be smart to go back and review the SIMs in FAR?

Tarheelgirl

@youngnc – From what I've read to know adjusting journal entries. I had a few AUD practice SIMS related to those that I did. And that they are basic J/E too, but I haven't taken the exam yet just from what I read.

FAR - 46, 79 (7/8/14)
    AUD - 56, 59, 2/23/15 3rd times a charm!
    BEC - 69, 74 Really??
    REG - April, I hope. Fingers crossed!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is anyone using NIU CPA review. My god I am not sure if it is my CPA review program or what else it could be but this test is killing me. I am so tired of it. Passed BEC in December and haven't passed anything since. Closest I have gotten is 69 on FAR.

I am so scared about AUD. I just can't bare failing another portion.

thechapman

@Sunni – What are you having trouble with?

Passed - 2014

Anonymous
    Inactive

My SIMS were nothing like those in FAR.. it was all AUD, but I had two simulations on one topic, again two on a different topic which I thought was weird because they didn't cover all the material but pushed harder on those two topics

@MBAin2014 – it's good to know that I'm not the only one who finished super early. After every exam, I thought that most likely I didn't pass.. and I passed all of them on a first try each :O With REG I finished 30 seconds before time and was sure I didn't pass and I got 91 (was praying for 75). So now this is freaking me out that maybe I was overconfident with AUD? Or hopefully I knew the material so well… I just wanna be over.. Good luck to us and all of you taking AUD !!!

Not wasting any time so I ordered Ethics course

Viewing 15 replies - 1,351 through 1,365 (of 1,389 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.