AUD Study Group January/February 2013 - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    MCLKT
    Participant

Hi all of my Auditing class of 2013 Ninjas!

Is there a study group topic for Jan/Feb 2013 yet?

If not, can we start one?

I have scheduled my exam for 1/11. This is my second try (73 in Aug. 2012). Tonight I am going to take a mini practice exam to see what I remember and get and idea of my weak spots. And tomorrow I begin re-watching Yaeger vidoes. The entire timeline is to work book questions as I go through each module. Wrapping up the last video by Dec 14. And will do nothing but review, review, review until 1/10. Oh, and take my holiday vacation at the end of December, yikes!

What review material are you using? When is your exam? What topics have you covered? Any tips yet?

A:[73]97 F:[74]85 R:86 B:[74]82
    *NINJA 10 Pt. COMBO & Yaeger*

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 482 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant

How should I structure my study plan ?

One section per week out of Becker. F1-F6

Then that leaves two weeks for review ?

AUD--52,68,83, expired. Retake = 74 RETAKE - 7.24.26
    FAR--73,70,68,75
    BEC-- 79
    REG-- 68,62,75

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would love to join!! I just applied for the AUD section and am waiting for my payment coupon. I plan to schedule the test for 1/7 or 1/12. I just started the Becker review classes but will have to miss one for my company holiday party :/ I've also checked out the Wiley review book from my local library. This will be my first time taking AUD!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@23K, yes I found studying one chapter per week works well for me. Becker recommends more, but I cannot keep up with it with work and my family responsibilities.

I hope to go a little faster than one per week this time around since I've been through audit once already. For BEC I did one week per chapter and it went pretty well. Some chapters took longer, but it averaged out to a week.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Question:

Are there any practice simulation about derivative forward contract regarding to control risk, inherent risk, and detection risk? I really need those practice

MCLKT
    Participant

Hi All- I notice I get too distracted on the forum, I've already disabled Facebook, lol. Now I'm just going to make sure I am on A71 in moderation.

So, I'm going to continue with my studies and will check in with you all in a couple days. I”m going to wrap up Module one and do the questions tomorrow.

Happy Studies!

Gpagan

I was scheduled to take exam tomorrow push it back till January 2013. I was not keeping to my study plan.The first time I sat for AUD I used Gleim. I think the book is not an easy read. I like the MCQ's software and the audio. I listen to the audio on my way into work and the drive back home, while I'm working out or shopping. I am currently using roger CPA and I truly love the lectures. He really makes it easy to understand the material,hopefully I pass this time around.

Happy study.

AUD 11/30/2013
    BEC 1/2014
    FAR 4/2014
    REG 7/2014

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am starting my AUD studies now. I am waiting on REG scores. Hopefully, I won't have to double up. If I don't pass all parts by May 2013, I will lose my BEC and FAR. I like the Wiley and Ninja notes, so they will be my primary study material. My test date is February 28. This gives me some time to really focus. I already like the AUD topic which remind me of BEC and FAR.

Participant

Good-Luck to everyone

I'm strating with F1 this weekend…

FAR--73,70,68,75
    BEC-- 79
    REG-- 68,62,75

jmj02001
    Participant

I am also getting reay to take audit again in January. I haven't scheduled it yet but hopefully the first or second week in January. I am using Becker and also Wiley. I would like to know what are your strategies. Are you just doing questions or what? How is everyone studying? Thanks

Participant

I will start to study this weekend. This is my first exam.

I have Becker Self Study 2012 – my exam is on 01/19/13 @ 8AM

I plan on going through at least 1 to 1.5 chapters per week so I can have at least two weeks to review.

I'm thinking about getting Wiley or Ninja notes. Depends on how this first week goes.

Lectures – Notes – MCs & Sims – in that order each week

FAR--73,70,68,75
    BEC-- 79
    REG-- 68,62,75

Anonymous
    Inactive

I got the 10 point combo for audit this morning. I'm totally stoked about it! I've been listening to the audio while I work and trying to figure out the app on my Android. I think I need a cord, so will get that fixed up when I get home.

I know I'm going to pass this time. This is exactly what I need to bump me up the two points I needed to pass. I'm sure I'll bump up much more than that, actually.

MCLKT, it is so nice to know someone else had surgery in the middle of their studies and had trouble on the test over it. Whenever I tell anyone I failed over going into the exam on pain pills, I feel like I'm making excuses. I had studied a lot and felt totally prepared. Finding out I failed really hurt.

I am having another procedure 12/13 to fix what went wrong the first time, although I've requested to do it with no anesthesia this time, only Novacane. This surgery will be much smaller and I'm hoping to go drug-free. My husband has his doubts, but I'm a ninja now! So, I think I can do it! 🙂

Ashliegh

I'm using Becker, Ninja notes and flashcards. Taking the exam January 5th… and hoping the holidays do not distract me too much.

REG - PASSED, Expires 5/24/14
    AUDIT - Scheduled 5/23/14
    BEC - Sat 1/25/14
    FAR - Scheduled 4/19/14

LIZZ
    Participant

Why am I already in this Audit section and i still need to take the FAR exam next week ? –FOCUS—-

FAR - 05/2015
    AUD - 75,11/2014
    REG - 07/2015
    BEC - 09/2015

MCLKT
    Participant

Can we all reference the subject matter we are reviewing instead of or in addition to the chapter or module numbers? I'm not familiar with Becker so I don't know if you all are covering the same material or not?

This week I have covered Professional Responsibilities. Which focuses on all of the different authorities in the accounting world and their rules. I think the highlights are the code of conduct and independence rule 101.

@JMJ02001 – I have about 5 weeks until test day. 20-25 hours a week average. I work through one chapter at a time using Yaeger home study. Watch the video/take notes. Work the problems MCQ/SIMS assigned. After all chapters are complete. I take a full blown practice exam, note weak areas. Rewrite all of my notes (this takes about a week). The last two weeks I will work MCQ using Wiley and cpareviewforfree and review all of the explanations to questions I miss. And I focus in on areas I was weak in. Work additional problems and even rewatch a lecture if needed. I also plan on taking the practice exam in the back of the Wiley book about 5 days before my test. I don't like to take a practice exam too close to test day, because I find it can be discouraging if I don't score the way I would like…

In my “off-time” when I'm not actually “studying” I read the ninja notes over and over and use the Ninja Flash Cards on my Android. And I listen to Ninja Audio while I commute. Hiya!

Lol@ Financelady! Yes, focus on FAR. Audit will still be here 🙂

@AnnaNutha – If you need help with the Ninja material and your Android let me know. I think sometimes we are too hard on ourselves. It may appear to be an excuse to people on the outside, but we know the commitment and focus that is required to pass these exams. And recognizing the medication and emotional/physical distraction of a surgical procedure is not an excuse. I think after failing, it's important to be able to pinpoint what might have played into the <75 score. I think the #1 reason I didn't get over the hurdle was a lack of review time. I have made certain to leave a 2 week minimum for nothing but additional MCQ's, SIMS and flashcard/note review. I have no doubt that we will dominate AUD in Jan 🙂

@23 How is your first weekend of studying going???

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am using Becker self-study 2012. I am going to check the new 2013 content specification to see if I need to update my notes. I started chapter 1 Becker today. Not bad. I work in accounting systems, so the the data makes sense. I am studying the Unqualified Auditor's report, the qualified, disclaimer, adverse, GAAP, GAAS. I like it.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 482 total)
  • The topic ‘AUD Study Group January/February 2013 - Page 2’ is closed to new replies.