[AUD] Exam Prep and Score Releases: January-February 2010 - Page 2

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 3,257 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    One Left
    Participant

I notice from reading some of the previous posts that Internal Controls has changed significantly lately. I too am studying with Becker 2008. Can anyone describe the major changes in IC? Also I received a 74 on my last audit test and when I received my score report back, it explained I was weak in the review section and was confused as to what the review section even was. Do you think it is only made up of the review reporting? Any help would be much appreciated.

leebird
    Participant

I just want to ask all people if they are using two (2) different books to study for AUD? I took FAR (11/30/09) and am eagerly awaiting my score….which has caused me problems concentrating. However, this material is NOT making F**King sense! I consider myself above average intelligence, but damn! Every question leaves me clueless. FAR was much more transparent, and I am almost ready to restudy for that if I didn't pass. At least the answers make sense!

Seriously, what is BEST MIDSET FOR THIS AUD section? and what is best method to prepare? I am set for 1/30/10 but have a feeling that will be pushed back by me. Is Wiley or Yaeger bettter supp material? And how challenging is this section? I know FAR is ridiculous. Maybe the hangover from FAR will not allow my brain to comprehend that not all sections are this demanding.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Leebird, AUD is tricky, it will start to stick once you read it a few times trust me!!! Btw, I used Wiley and I passed with a 77 after about a week and a half of studying. So believe me it can be done!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm retaking AUD in the first quarter of 2010. I've taken it twice and I'm SOOO close that I can smell that passing score!

I agree with you, Will_it_ever_end. I've been using Becker's 2009 materials (originally live lecture, then lecture CDs, flash cards, all MCQ and Simulations, and Final Review) and find them quite useful.

After taking AUD twice now, I have found listening to the lectures to be a waste of my study time for this section. However, the MCQ as indispensable! I work every one at least 3 times before each exam, and this time around I'm doing them at least 5 times. I've always hated the transaction cycles section (weakest area from last testing), but this time I'm focusing on really understanding it as it worked for reports last time around.

My best advice is to know the the material inside and out for this section. It's easy material, but very detailed. Work and rework the MCQ on your study material, make your own outline of our chapters, read, reread, and work and rework the MCQ again.

mfs9231
    Participant

I'm looking to take this as my first exam on January 15th or so. I have the Becker materials and will basically do nothing except have Christmas with my family and study until then! How much time are people typically allocating to Audit studywise?

AUD - 1/15
    FAR - 2/26

S00NtobeCPA
    Participant

Jeff recommended four weeks of study, with a minimum of 20 hours per weeks study time.

Audit is my last section – just found out that I passed BEC! Can't wait to be done with this!

Out of curiosity – does anyone find that their real world experience from auditing with a public firm has helped with AUD? I've been through the first chapter of Becker's course, and a lot of it was a refresher for me. I know it won't be easy, but damn it feels good to actually know some of this stuff ahead of time!

REG - 83(6/09); FAR - 91(8/09); BEC - 83(11/09); AUD - 1/18/10

wvCPAtoBE
    Participant

Work experience from auditing with a public firm definitely helps with AUD. Although I have not received my scores (snail mail state), I have never felt better than I did walking out of the AUD exam with 1.5 hours still on the clock. The nice thing about AUD is that there is an ample amount of time. In fact you should be able to use the research function to assist with both of your communications, as well as double check all of your work.

I felt like Becker prepared me well for the exam, even though I only left myself two weeks between REG and AUD. As long as you make it through all the lectures and homework, I think you'll be good to go.

BEC 8/27/2009 - 87 REG 11/9/2009 - 84
    FAR 10/5/2009 - 87 AUD 11/23/2009 - 85

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just found out that i failed AUD 🙁 so i'll be takin it for the 2nd time..I used becker and i thought it prepared me well beside the simulations, they r sooooooo UUGGHH..oh well but i was wonderin can anyone tell me how can i find where i did bad, i mean which part of the exam b/c otherwise i cnt focus on studyin again :/

PPKATE
    Participant

S00NtobeCPA – i also found that my work experience helped me with the AUD. i ranged from 75-80 on the other three exams but got a 91 on AUD…and studied about the same for all four exams. i found my exam simulations to be especially easy as they were fairly realistic to “real world” auditing procedures. i would be careful though…i've had some work friends fail AUD the first time around because they didn't think they'd need to study much. but since you've already passed the other three you probably have a good idea of how much you should study! 🙂 good luck!

ILoveCPA
    Participant

If there are any Becker 2009 students… Do we replace the

Becker A5 update and read it instead of what is in the book

currently since we are sitting for the exam in 2010.

FAR(11/09) - 83; AUD(1/10) - 94; BEC(2/10) - 83; REG(2/10) - 88

SEA-PEA-A
    Participant

ILoveCPA:

From what I've heard in my live lectures, the professor said to read the updates instead of what's in the 2009 book. The new material is now tested on the 2010 exams.

Hopefully, I pass this exam. It is my last one. Kind of losing momentum and motivation just from shear exhaustion of all these ridiculous exams!!!! I have taken and passed 3 exams in 4 weeks, but I'm burning the midnight oil!

First Attempt: FAR-91 |REG-91 |BEC-78 |AUD-?? (Jan 2)

"Recipe for the American Dream: Luck, Pluck, and Virtue"

ILoveCPA
    Participant

SEA-PEA-A,

You are a rarity. Congrats on passing the 3 parts in such a small amount of time. 2 more weeks of grueling work and then you can take some time off and relax.

FAR(11/09) - 83; AUD(1/10) - 94; BEC(2/10) - 83; REG(2/10) - 88

3chris
    Participant

I like the Becker AUD book. I would definately get the Becker flashcards; it's very easy to go through a couple chapters of them during lunch or while cooking supper. I got a 74 the last time I took Audit (September 2008). I'm going to combo reading with the Becker and Bisk books. My Becker is a few years old, but my friend has the 2009 Bisk book I can borrow. Good luck all. I'm taking AUD on 1/28; here's to a month of studying.

Patrick909
    Participant

“Seriously, what is BEST MIDSET FOR THIS AUD section? and what is best method to prepare?”

I really think the best mindset is common sense. I passed with a 91, only studied a month. Best method to prepare is multiple choice question drill, over and over again. Watch the videos of whatever review program you choose, sure, but drill those questions. I ran through some sets of questions 4-5 times.

havetopass
    Participant

Emes, I feel your pain. I took Audit in April 2009 & received a 69. I did not study enough for it (studied a total of probably 45 hours and only viewed half of the Yaeger videos). I retook it at the end of August using Yaeger & scored a 73. I have never been so deflated in my life. (Besides making a 73 yesterday on FAR after studying 7 weeks & 120 + hours) The third time that I took Audit in November, I spent 2.5 weeks retaking all of the practice tests in my Wiley textbook & studying all of the material that I was weak in – you can do this b/c they organize the answer section of the questions by type of material covered. I also focused on the weakest areas that were sent in my score report from NASBA. Then, I used my friend's 2007 Becker textbook, and read the material related to those matters & took notes & made flashcards. Also, every morning, I wrote out the format of the standard audit opinion & knew the differences between an unqualified and the other types as well as the review and compilation report formats. I took the exam on a Monday morning, so I sat down that Friday & Saturday and reworked every single practice test. I went over any questions that I missed again and then on the night before the exam, I looked at my notes for 3 hours but stopped at 8 p.m. and relaxed. This must have helped b/c I made an 86 which was a 13 point jump from the 2nd time and a 17 point increase from the 69 that I scored in April. What I liked better about the Becker text was the organization. I love Yaeger materials – I passed BEC using them and literally only studying for 2 weeks & am using it for REG and my retake of FAR, but for Audit, I personally believe that Becker is better organized & highlights the things that you really need to focus on where as the Wiley text is just lots & lots of details that tend to be overwhelming. That's just my opinion though & everyone studies differently. This is what worked for me. Hope it helps you!

BEC 76 AUD 86 FAR 81 REG 79

FINALLY FINISHED!!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 3,257 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.