AUD – Exam Prep - Page 45

Viewing 15 replies - 661 through 675 (of 1,748 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    nbalko

Has anyone passed an exam without answering the research question? I spent an hour looking for the answer and could not find it. I also had two FAR journal entries for my sims:( This is my third time taking AUD. I have passed all the other parts and I just want to be done.

for the life of me I can't not find my main course disc. hoping it is my car which is in the shop 🙁 With that said I went onto the becker website and there is an update for AUD software. does anyone know what the pertains to?

FAR 76
    REG 76(2x)
    BEC FAILED (2x)
    AUD FAILED (2x)

"When you don't give up, YOU CANNOT FAIL"

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Philop I had the same experience, but this was my first time taking it. It felt like I was just taking a Becker simulated exam. One of the sims was very bad though – extremely vague. I'm guessing it had to be a candidate question.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I said the same thing about BEC, but it's worth mentioning again…the exam writers REALLY need to drop information technology from the exam or hire professionals to write those questions. Who has ever heard of an auditor using an embedded audit module? A parallel system? These are all things I've seen in textbooks that were written during Y2K but have never actually seen in practice. I picture Kevin from The Office writing these questions, and this is his thought process (circa 1996): “In the future? The computers? They're gonna do all sorts of cool stuff.” The Becker materials refer to “using a microcomputer as part of the audit” which I can only assume means using a laptop? Maybe the actual exam questions in use today aren't as bad and the Becker questions are just out of date…but I get the feeling that they were all written in 1995 when all these old school pencil and paper accountants were scared of technology, like they were going to “lose their jobs to them new-fangled microcomputers.”

hopeful_cpa
    Participant

i just bought the wiley and rogers aud review and test bank and cram. i am taking aud 11/28. did i go with the right review software?

BEC: Done
    REG: Done
    AUD: Done
    FAR: Done

I'M DONE!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iPass

@hopeful_cpa, sounds like you are on the right track, I heard good things about Roger for AUD. I think many candidates here have experience with Roger and hopefully you'll get some feedback from them soon. I personally didn't go with his review course simply because I knew his teaching style would not work for me. However I have his books and I like the way they are structured. I'm also currently preparing for AUD. Once I'm done with Becker lectures and passmaster, I am going to skim through Roger's text and move on to Wiley tb. Good luck with your studies!

BEC - 10/12/2011 - 78
    AUD - 11/23/2011 - 84
    FAR - 02/22/2012 - 76 (I'll take it!)
    REG - 08/31/2012

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.”
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

jimbo4418

Hello everyone,

I am taking AUD this Saturday, I took off all this week to study and I've been putting in 10-15hours everyday this week to study………I am starting to get backed up on my plan to finish all the sections using the CPAexcel program.

Can I would appreciate if I could get some insight on what sections are hit on the most in the AUD portion of the exam recently. Considering I will have minimal time to review the sections I am least comfortable with, I would at least like to know which sections I should review the most.

PLEASE HELP……..

-Jim

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just found out I got a 71 on AUD on 10/9/11. ::sigh::

Peanut
    Participant

@CarlyH… I'm sorry :/ At least you can go through your misery with all of us going through it as well, right?

AUD 81 (X4) Previous scores 59, 72, 72
    REG 80 (X3) Previous scores 59, 60
    FAR 75 (X2) Previous score 67
    BEC 79 (X2) Previous score 58

Anonymous
    Inactive

@peanut @CarlyH- i am in the same boat , after taking AUD for the 4th time i failed with a 72 – was planning on taking FAR next in Jan but now dont know what to do .. any suggestions ?

Sorry to hear that CarlyH, do you think it was the hard TBS (journal entries) that thrown you off?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@canson16

You could still take FAR in Jan and retake AUD after that. I would definitely devote more time to studying FAR than restudying AUD.

mla1169
    Participant

Phllop, I had the same experience including only one research question and thinking I'd be lucky to get 50% on each of the others.

FAR- 77
    AUD -49, 71, 84
    REG -56,75!
    BEC -75

Massachusetts CPA (non reporting) since 3/12.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@75- yeah that makes sense ..thanks!! wat do u suggest – finish studying for FAR and then start AUD or study both simultaneously

Anonymous
    Inactive

@mla1169

I got 2 research questions — wonder if it means anything…

The 3rd testlet was the easiest for me – a bad sign, I guess. The questions in the 3rd one were somehow more of a fact-questions than hard-to-choose-between-two-weird-answers-questions.

The sims were not that bad; one was rather tricky and another one too vague. I felt like the sims were testing better what I've studied than the MCQs, which were sort of circling around the edges of the topics.

Viewing 15 replies - 661 through 675 (of 1,748 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.