[AUD] Exam Prep and Score Releases: April/May 2010 - Page 3

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 1,752 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    trumethod
    Participant

Kamaone, I have been working the Becker simulations for audit and they are almost identical to a multiple choice problems. You simply click on the best answer from a pop up window. If you are familiar with the technology in the simulation, i.e. search portions, split screen, and other little stuff, you will be fine. If you understand the concepts in the multiple choice problems, you will do fine on the simulations. The simulations in Audit are not as difficult as in FARE, that is my opinion. Good luck.

FARE 91
    AUD April 19 2010

sweetmanu
    Participant

Hey i have a question, I have heard there are some accounting portion included in audit like journal entries. Where can i find the journal entries, I mean which simulations are having journal entries.

ihatestudying
    Participant

im at work on saturday, so once again..no studying…!!! maybe if i kidnap the president of aicpa, like in national lampoons christmas vacation, he will give me passing grades! ???

AUD - 2/27/12 - 76
    REG - 5/31/12 - 78
    BEC - 8/31/12 - 77
    FAR - 12/6/12 - 76

Soanxious
    Participant

Hope to pass CT- We can do this! When I posted I thought I have tried AUD 4 times, come to find out I have been at this so long I forgot one. So have taken it 5 times and this is going to be #6. I took my first AUD exam in 11/07 and have been trying ever since. The attemps are starting to blend together. However my scores have contiuned to go up so I am going to keep at it. We can certainly all stick together! I think support is good especially when it is something you only understand if you are doing it. My husband wanted me to quit last night, but he was better today. He is fed up with the entire situation. I am waiting for my payment coupon for AUD and I have to have REG done by 5/12. This should be an interesting next few months to say the least!

Anushka730 – Thanks for the support!

IL - 11/24 AUD

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anonymous
    Inactive

I took BEC and AUD using Gleim books only, since then I have started Yaeger Home Study and really like it. There are several things that are covered that were not with Gleim. Currently studying for BEC which I am taking 4/19. Then I will be re-studying AUD, which I plan to take the end of May.

I love all of your determination!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey all, found out yesterday that I failed aud for the second time (68,70)…hoping that third time's a charm. I am using spaexcel to study..anyone else using it? I plan on doing the mc questions over as many times as I can, I want to take this exam by the end of April and then take FAR end of May, hoping to be two down by the end of May. Wish me luck!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Using Yaegar 2009 Homestudy and crams and Wiley 14 cd, some definitions and concepts are difficult to understand and follow, although Gary tries to explain it good, the material itself makes me not want to focus and study. After reading, some of the replies here, am beginning to think ,should I supplement Yaegar 2009 with Gleim maybe ??….not sure.

Soanxious
    Participant

The only beef I have with the Gleim software is that you can do only the simulations 3x. I need more help than that in the sims so I have been looking at other supplemental software the last few days.

I think the hardest thing is picking it back up the first time (I started again yesterday). Once I get into it I do okay, but it is hard to get back on the horse once you have fallen off. I have been working on the “forget the past and look forward to the future theory!” It is not easy though. :O)

IL - 11/24 AUD

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good Luck to you Soanxious. It is not easy to forget the past ,but one has to move on. About the Gleim software, when u say it allows u to do Simulations for 3x , were you referring to the one which cost about $55 (which i thought had only MCQ).

Soanxious
    Participant

Anushka730 – Sorry, I bought the software at the same time as the simulations from them. I believe they are sold seperate. I have used their software in the past. I will probably keep using for additional help but also looking for something new to jump start getting this over with. Their sim software is what only allows you to use it three times. I don't have a diagnostic yet from my 1/5 attempt, but in the past four before that I did horrible on the sims. So I am hoping some new software will help me improve my grade. Overall, I think their book it more detailed than Wiley's book. I like their software better than Wiley's software. I like Wiley's audio's better than Gleims. I hope this helps.

IL - 11/24 AUD

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your suggestion.

Anonymous
    Inactive

soanxious, Anushka730

Do all sims of wiley 14. i actually got very similar ones in my exam.. WILEY s to be done once you are through your beckers or gliem or whichever base material you use… i worked for me:-)

Soanxious
    Participant

auditdrivingcrazy – Thanks! I have that software and have not used it. I used the Gleims before this last exam. I am going to try to do as many as I can so I can feel comfortable with them. Need any extra points I can get!!!!!!!!!!

IL - 11/24 AUD

Anonymous
    Inactive

auditdrivingcrazy – thanks. don't know why but have this insecure feeling about whether its possible to clear this part with yaegar and Wiley, maybe should stop thinking too much, and just try and study the material that i have. also, congrats on clearing all the exams, it seems like you have accomplished the task and goodluck for the future !

75 CPA
    Participant

Soanxious

I am doing Gleim Online. Wiley software 14.0 is next.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 1,752 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.