[AUD] Exam Prep and Score Releases: April/May 2010 - Page 116

Viewing 15 replies - 1,726 through 1,740 (of 1,752 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Kelley
    Participant

Got my score….79!!! I am done!

guenv001
    Participant

Took audit on May 19 in Minnesota and just had my score posted online last night – 97!! Halfway home…

BEC 4.27.10 - 86
    AUD 5.19.10 - 97
    FAR 7.12.10 - TBD

magster
    Participant

ok -this is for the ones passing……

what is your secret to success? I use Becker, watch the lectures, do my own notes, do the MCQ and still can't pass (I don't consider myself dumb). Do you just do the MCQ over and over and over???? Any advise is highly appreciated.

REG - Passed
    FAR - Passed
    BEC - Passed
    AUD - 2-25-12 PASSED - DONE !!!!!!!! WOOHOO

*** One day I will get my life back.... maybe today is the day ***

oh.cpa.2010
    Participant

magster – When I studied for Audit I had to teach myself everything since I do tax and have never done Audit and slept in class. I used Becker and went at it for a good 3 weeks with the final week before the exam off from work. My day was wake up, study, eat, study, eat, study, sleep. I got through all the lectures and all the multiple choice questions making sure I got them right no matter how many times I had to do them. I also did all the practice exams and simulations. Once I did all that I re-read the book a few days before my test and took my own handwritten notes. That is what I studied the final day of the test. It was a lot of work but it was worth it. REG took me about 25 hours of study vs. about 100 for audit and my score on REG was 11 points higher. If you put in the time and effort it will pay off!!! Good Luck!

BEC - 88, REG - 89, AUD - 78, FAR - 70, 4/27 (Waiting . . . waiting . . . still waiting)

kbcatc
    Participant

STRONGLY suggest using Becker review – I purchased CPAexcel and I had a difficult time with their format for FAR. I tossed it. I bit the bullet and paid the expensive fees for Becker, however it was worth every penny! I've passed 3 exams so far on the first try and I haven't been in school in several years so I needed to relearn everything.

BEC was the hardest because they didn't have enough questions yet (newer exam) and it was my first exam – I wasn't sure what to expect. AUD – took the class and did the homework. 2 weeks before the exam I re-read all the chapters and redid all the homework. 4 days before the exam I did practice tests all day and made flash cards (for the areas I struggled in). The AUD exam was almost identical to the MCQ's and practice exam questions in Becker. Exam was easy for me, had 1 hour to spare when I left. REG was a little harder for me, ran out of time on the 2nd sim, but I magically passed. (The simulations were more difficult on REG I think.)

FAR is the beast – don't have my score yet, but I prepared as I did for the other tests. Ran out of time as I did on the REG, but I have hope. MC's were similar to Becker but the simulations were hard and long!.

Definitely do the MCQ's during the class and redo them later, and obviously redo the ones you keep missing until you understand why you are missing it. Keep 2 weeks before the exam to review ALL the material, redo the MCQ's and take practice tests. I found the Becker review to be the most resourceful of all the exam prep material out there. I however need a class and structured environment to stay on task.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! 🙂

BEC - 75 (05/19/2009), AUD - 94 (08/27/09), REG - 84 (11/30/09), FAR - 81 (05/27/10)

Anonymous
    Inactive

krcpa, did you passed?

krcpa
    Participant

christian2823,

73!

BEC (91), REG (76), AUD - 05/23 (73), 07/03, FAR - 08/01

krcpa
    Participant

I'm giving AUD again in the first week of July (07/03 provided I get the date at prometric). Im thinking of at least 50 hrs. Just drew up a plan. I'm still waiting for my score sheet to tell me where I missed…if it's MCQs, Ill go over Becker Qns once/twice. If it's sim, Ill concentrate more on that. Let's see how it turns out this time.

ig1151
    Participant

For you all that received your auditing grade, how did the loophole work for you? Were you able to register and then received the bad news later? If you passed, what message did you receive from the loophole?

AUD - 75, REG - 77, BEC - 79, FAR - 76

After 1 and 1/2 years of studying, I'm a CPA

krcpa
    Participant

A day after AICPA released scores, I could re-register for my AUD section. I immediately knew I failed. The score confirmed it.

FL_CPA2010
    Participant

I checked the loophole on Sat morning around 9am and I was NOT able to register…I checked it again about 9:45 am and I was able to register. My very unsettling score confirmed the bad news last night around 10:15pm :'-(

REG 79 (Becker); BEC 63 (Becker) 70 (Yaeger); AUD 66 (Becker; 11/30 - Becker); FAR 11/24 (Yaeger/Wiley)

Anonymous
    Inactive

AlmostThere – I used Becker. Watched all the lectures and went through all MCs. Took one practice test a week before the test (no sims) and got an average of 83 on the MCs. Went through all the MCs again the last week and before I sat and just skimmed through the supplemental questions. Took another practice exam 2 days before (no sims) and got an average of 83 on the MCs. Went through all the sims the day before the test (first time).

I really only watched lectures for about 2 and a half weeks and crammed the last two weeks. I felt there was some material on the exam not covered in Becker, but Becker gave me good enough judgment to pick the correct answer. I think it is impossible to come out of the test room feeling confident on audit because nothing seems for sure.

FARbehind
    Participant

magic ball, did u pass?

aud,bec,reg-passed
    far-->75 Done!!!!!
    ethics-100

koliver
    Participant

shawna…. wooooowhoooooo!!!!! you passed!! all finished with the CPA exam… i'm jealous! congrats on becoming a CPA! come back and visit the unfortunate souls who are still studying 🙂

FAR: 78 BEC: 79 REG: 86 AUD: 74, 83 DONE!!!

missarizona
    Participant

I have a silly question for you guys…

when doing the writing portion of the exam, can you copy/paste info from the research tab??

Do you really need to memorize every report???

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 1,726 through 1,740 (of 1,752 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.