Forum Giveaway (Friday 11/7): Dave Ramsey's EntreLeadership (15 Books) - Page 3

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Yes – we will have 15 winners this week…Dave Ramsey’s team has graciously given me a case of EntreLeadership books to give away on here.

Deadline: 3pm Eastern on Friday – after that, the drawing will close.

Link: https://www.daveramsey.com/store

Entering is simple – Answer the following question in this thread:

If you were gifted $1,000,000 to start any business (edit: or non-profit :), what would it be?

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Mel
    Participant

I would use 25% of it to start my empire that I'm currently working towards: a bookeeping/tax business, a catering business and a personal training business. I have a lot of things that I love to do but they all have small start-up costs.

I would use the other 75% to start a non-profit music education program/community band for the youths in my area. I feel its a shame that the arts programs are the first to get cut in education and feel that music can have a great stabalizing effect on community youths.

Me.
    Participant

First I would like to help military veterans in some aspect (My daughter is currently serving in Afghanistan – Go Navy!) and I think I would be interested in setting up a non-profit that would involve setting up community gardens in areas that do not have access to fresh vegetables and fruits at low or no cost to the residents. I would also envision the gardens to be organic and non-GMO as well. It is hard to pick just one thing!

REG - 50, 64, 73, 76
    FAR - 67, 65, 67 Ugh!!!
    BEC - 65
    AUD - November 30

"You just can't beat the person who never gives up." -Babe Ruth

SomedayCPA2015
    Participant

I would invest it in a rental real estate business. I would hire a property management company to deal with the day-to-day business which would allow me time to volunteer for the charities I feel passionate about, as well as in the classrooms of my two sons once they become school-aged.

REG - Passed
    BEC - Passed
    AUD - Passed
    FAR - Passed!!!! I have my life back.

Gatorbates
    Participant

I'd start my own CPA firm … hire 3-4 solid CPA's, and I'd spend my time out in public being the rainmaker.

Licensed Florida CPA:
    B: 71, 73, 79
    A: 83
    R: 78 (expired), 77
    F: 74, 74, 80

It's finally freaking over.

TNCPA16
    Participant

My family has talked about starting up a company for years based on an idea my dad had, but no one has wanted to fully commit and take the risk. If I had $1,000,000, I would make sure this business started so my dad could quit his crazy job and finally have his own company!

On2Sum

I'll use it to develop a dual-purpose residential/commercial building.

You know, those kind of apartment buildings that have retail shops on the street level and apartment units on the top floors.

I'll reserve one the retail spaces for my tax preparation business. With one of the other retaill spots, I'll partner up with someone who wants a subway sandwich franchise, that way i'll get a cut of the gross profit instead of just rent.

I've got more ideas, in case anyone is interested.

FAR - 79
    REG - 76
    AUD - 94
    BEC - 77

DONE! DONE!! DONE!!!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts"
    -Winston Churchill

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see lots of non-profits.

Not my route, sadly- I think we can earn and learn and share.

My business format would be an IT/Game development company to help develop affordable electronics and video games for pushing STEM AND business concepts into lower grade schools where those matter most.

It would start with a full service engineering department. Each of my personnel would have financial educational requirements to be met. The purpose is to keep costs in control while reaching for our meta: the kids learning.

My audit team would investigate current practices and integrate the tools effectively, while examining their costs and needs as well.

These tools would provide games, interactive learning, etc. for financial and STEM concepts. I think providing low cost, functional methods for schools/charter schools/private schools to learn financial principles and STEM concepts would help make better stewards for the world.

I wish I had half the technology we have today to learn when I was growing up. I'd want my child to be able to learn in new ways as well.

Knight4CPA
    Participant

I would start up a non-profit organization that aimed to initiate accounting / personal finance ideas at an early age in elementary schools.

AUD: 70, 80✔ (Expires 1/18/2017 - / Ninja MCQ / CPAExcel MCQ)
    REG: 61, 70, 75✔ (Expires 2017 - Ninja MCQ / CPAExcel MCQ)
    BEC: 78✔(Expires 5/17/2017 - Ninja MCQ / Becker Flashcards / NinjaNotes)
    FAR: 57 (just to get trigger time I scheduled 1 week after REG) Retake 5/13/16

golfball7773
    Participant

If I had a million dollars, I would start something similar to the practice in “The Street Lawyer” by John Grisham. Except, I would focus on tax and finance and possibly bring in a lawyer for legal advise. Then I could cater to the poorer counties here in South Dakota (reservations), etc. If you haven't read the book, I highly recommend it!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 86
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    AUD - 71, 73

BEC - 74, 86

REG - 77*

FAR - 57

*expired

(I have been trying to become a CPA since 2013). only one test down.......

FAR: 63, 55, 62
    REG: 65, 77*
    AUD: Fail, 64, 71
    BEC: 72, 74, 81

*expired

whatislife

My fiance and I would open up our own fitness gym! We are both accountants right now, but we dream of combining our knowledge of business/accounting and love for fitness to open up a gym someday. And it would be something we could do together.

REG- 84
    FAR- 92
    AUD- 82
    BEC- 11/25/14

TargetCPA
    Participant

If I get $1million, I would start a non-profit org. and provide housing facilities with food to the real homeless people especially those who are in bad health conditions.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    BEC-78(Expired),68,71,69,74
    REG-Waiting for score
    AUD-
    FAR-
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I'd definitely start my own CPA firm. Just something small and local. It would be nice to work close to home.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I received $1,000,000 to start my own business, I would start an investment firm to turn the initial investment into more cash. From there I would develop other businesses as I saw fit. 🙂

moreinfo2013

I would start a wellness institute where people can learn about proper nutrition and exercise. We definitely live in the land of plenty, but that does not mean that the right decisions are always made with respect to nourishing our bodies.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Microbrewery

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘Forum Giveaway (Friday 11/7): Dave Ramsey's EntreLeadership (15 Books) - Page 3’ is closed to new replies.