Forum Giveaway (Friday 11/7): Dave Ramsey's EntreLeadership (15 Books) - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Yes – we will have 15 winners this week…Dave Ramsey’s team has graciously given me a case of EntreLeadership books to give away on here.

Deadline: 3pm Eastern on Friday – after that, the drawing will close.

Link: https://www.daveramsey.com/store

Entering is simple – Answer the following question in this thread:

If you were gifted $1,000,000 to start any business (edit: or non-profit :), what would it be?

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Lion_of_the_Rock
    Participant

English Premier League themed breastaurant.

BEC - 78
    AUD - 75
    REG - 74, 79
    FAR - 75

You have to buy a ticket to win the raffle.

I would start a business to provide tax service and education. As a former H&R Block employee (before ever taking a single accounting class) I now know that they charge entirely too much for the quality of service provided. It may be different in other areas so I'm not trying to offend, but the quality in my area is terrible. I'm fixing several H&R Block returns every year for people. I think everyone that needs the service of a CPA should have affordable access without getting the shaft by franchise companies trying to make a buck. (stepping down off of soap box)

A 88, B 76, F 84, R 76 Passed 2014

Licensed in OK

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would pay off the two rental properties we already own and buy two more. Does being a full time landlord count as a business?

jbisdamon

I am currently saving to invest in my first real estate property. So I would use the money to buy $800,00 worth of property in my area (target low house prices with modest rent payments) and use the rest for working capital and to have the ability to flip a house if the right opportunity came along. I just formed my corporation last week (seriously) and hope eventually I can turn real estate into more than just supplementary income.

BEC - 76 7/22/14
    AUD - 84 8/30/14
    REG - 75 10/16/14
    FAR - 87 11/24/14

cathypierce

I would open an income tax preparation office.

scarecrow

I would start a business that turns old, non-producing oil well sites back to the original condition.

317 CLUB

tami3492
    Participant

I would love to start up a surrogacy agency and help match people and see them realize their dreams of becoming parents.

FAR 7/8/14 - 88 - Becker live course
    REG 10/14/14 - 82 - Becker live course, Ninja notes and audio
    BEC 11/25/14 - 88 - Becker live course, Ninja audio, Wiley book for extra questions
    AUD 2/3/15 - 94 - Becker self study, Ninja audio, Wiley book for extra questions

I would start an organization that provides opportunities for disadvantaged kids to take “trips of a lifetime.” I was very fortunate to be able to spend a summer in the UK after I finished my undergrad which I worked very hard for (funded myself and got a temp job placement while over there), and I truly think this experience was worthwhile. It's easy if your parents are loaded to take a trip to New Zealand or China or anywhere in the world and expand your horizons, but some kids never see beyond their cities.

REG - 87 (Becker)
    AUD - 96 (Becker & Ninja MCQs)
    FAR - 85 (Becker, Ninja MCQs, Audio and Blitz)
    BEC - Last one! Waiting on score release 11/24!

Remember: a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

liv4god4evr

I would start a non-profit to help single moms and domestic violence survivors learn to take care of their finances, and become successful in spite of their situation.

BEC: 84
    AUD: 82
    FAR: 10-19-15
    REG: 11-23-15

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will probably invest 2/3 of it on real estate then 1/3 for business startup for my own firm. Then once I have successfully established the business I will setup a not-for-profit foundation for depressed people or suicide prevention.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would start my own consulting service for small business owners with low prices to enable people to venture out with making a business plan, market strategy, etc. So many people in my city start out great businesses on the left foot and are never able to recover. A little positive steering would push them in the right way.

gennatay
    Participant

I would start a photography non profit where I would visit senior and assisted living facilities and take their individual and family portraits. So many times, the elderly are forgotten and the final pictures anyone has of them is sometimes decades old. In plan to call it “Senior Year”.

ShelahV

I would start a nonprofit that provides scholarships (from just the earnings) to kids n the middle, like I was. The kids who are smart but not the top of the class; kids whose parents are doing okay but can't help pay for college but can help a little.; kids or adults who have dreams of getting an advance degree but aren't able to afford it. To qualify for the scholarship, they'd be required to complete a financial planning class (paid for by the nonprofit) and do some community service.

BEC 8.14.14 - 87!
    FAR 1.8.15 - 89!
    REG 4.15.15 - 86!
    AUD 7.2.15 - 90!

Application submitted 8.6.15
    Licensed CPA 8.19.15

Benefit in living in a small state SD!

Hank Scorpio
    Participant

I'd start my own website to compete with Jeff. Nah just kidding. I'd start a non-profit that gave back to abused women and children. Women in abusive relationships have trouble just walking out the door sometimes and I'd like to give them and their kids somewhere to go.

AUD - 71, 79
    BEC - 69, 74, 75
    FAR - 71, 74, 80
    REG - 74, 78

FAR - 10/3/16
    BEC - 69 - 10/31/16
    AUD - November 2016
    REG - December 2016

samfutureCPAboy
    Participant

If I were given a chance to receive $1,000,000, I will start a non profit organization that will aid children in our society who are homeless. I've seen so many kids who goes to school, and yet are homeless. I believe this is one reason many of them are not doing well in school (but there are those who do well). I want to help to them and impact their lives by providing them a place to tutor them and even make friends. Food and other school supplies will be given to these kids, This will show them that there are those who care and love them. I believe some of these kids lack those care. I will also create an awareness to our society about these children. I will name this non profit organization, “You Are Home.”

CA Candidate

F- 68, 78 (Thank you, Lord)
    A- 75 (Thank you, Lord God)
    R- 72, 75 (Thank you, Lord God Almighty)
    B- 74, 77 (Thank you, Lord God Almighty Forever!) DONE!!

Education - Completed
    Ethics Exam - 100%
    Experience - In Progress

“Faith is believing that God is going to take you places before you even get there.” - Matthew Barnett

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘Forum Giveaway (Friday 11/7): Dave Ramsey's EntreLeadership (15 Books) - Page 2’ is closed to new replies.