CPA exam changes 2021

• Creator
    Topic
    CPA_NYC
    Participant

I guess I got pretty lucky because I decided quite randomly to take my exams in the order of AUD, BEC, FAR then REG. It turns out that as of July of this year AUD and BEC will be adding content while FAR and REG will be removing content.

I just received my BEC score today and am ready to start crushing FAR. My question is if I am using Becker is it okay to start working on modules now? Inevitable the materials will be updated once the changes occur but I don’t want to waste time studying for something I shouldn’t be.

Has anyone else started studying a section on the cusp of a major change to an exam structure? How did you handle it? Did you just avoid the sections that were being removed? Avoid studying altogether before updates? Incorporate updates as you progressed?

I don’t really use the physical books when I am studying so I will definitely wait to order those until the changes take place just in case I need to reference them.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    sboCPA2021
    Participant

Becker is updating the content to match the exam changes. It should be on June 1st. Check your messages on the software.

AUD - 75
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 79
    REG - 82
    CPA 2021!! It’s going down!
    RobOh
    Participant

When I was studying and using Becker they had notified their customers that if you are taking the exam prior to mm/dd/yy then use version X.o and if you are taking the exam after mm/dd/yy then use version X.1. I would imagine they will do something similar so you don't waste any time studying for material that you don't need to. Look out for that notification and you will be fine. One word of caution to everyone studying, just because they are removing content, that doesn't mean the exam will be easier. They will probably just dig deeper. I personally would not fall into that trap and study just as hard. Good luck!

FAR - 78

BEC - 87

REG - 82

AUD - 82

ellabella
    Participant

I always get nervous about the changes. I'm always afraid that I'll do a copious amount of study and then they'll throw things at me that are from the “change” and I'll be caught off-guard. I wish the changes were small and minute; that would sure make studying easier.

Ella

Mom of Two, studying for the CPA Exam

ellabella
    Participant

The providers update their content accordingly. I'm always afraid that I'll be caught mid-study for a major change, though, but I always keep a positive mindset that change is inevitable within the industry. I always like that social media gives a “heads up” on changes so we can at least anticipate them.

Ella

Mom of Two, studying for the CPA Exam

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.