37 on FAR how to regroup? - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    Silent
    Participant

I took way too many months to study for FAR with Willey and got extremely low score of 37. I know i made mistake of not doing SIM’S much but as far as studying i didn’t read the book at all and just watched the video’s and then did many MCQ. Am i making a mistake by not reading the book? Should i rewatch the video’s?

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lfranc8
    Participant

I had an Audit professor use the Gleim book as her text book. Half of her tests were actual CPA questions. I passed AUD on the 1st try because of that class and book.

AUD - 82
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 81
    REG - 82
    The darkest hour is always just before the dawn
    AUD-77*,72,82
    BEC-76
    REG-71,74,82
    FAR-72,63,81
    *-Lost Credit
    I did 2.5 year of night school then 2 years taking the exam!
    Puppykoala
    Participant

@Silent that might explain it. My experience is that those type of exams are all about practice. Practice on all kinds of questions and question types. I think i was unfamiliar with a bunch of topics but since many practice questions were done, I wasn't surprised at the actual exam and was able to make very educated guess. Anyways, good luck on your retry.

Shoot for the stars!

FAR 88 04/19

REG 95 07/19

BEC 91 11/19

AUD 88 12/19

CPAHOPE
    Participant

I dont recommend reading the whole book (wiley), the way they wrote is sometimes very hard to comprehend and retain. Why cant they write like how people who write short articles online like investopedia? Why do they torture us in this way n why do they claim they have a pass rate of 90% when its more like 40% lol
    Back to your question, i would only refer to the questions ive missed. Questions that involve heavy computations, i would rely on the lectures online

AUD - 78
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    FAR 80

REG 79*,77

AUD 78!!Final

BEC 76

"Theres no limit unless you allow it"

*expired

Silent
    Participant

Thank you for everyone reply, i tried reading willey book and honestly it's one of the worse i ever read. I started watching video's from the start and being i took detailed notes the first time, i am able to save lots of time this second time around. Hopefully I will be able to take this test in May.

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.