OT: Happy 10/15 to my tax friends!!! - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    MintsRGood
    Participant

Cheers to 10/15 for those of us in public accounting for finishing off the last filing requirement for 12/31/12!

I hope all of your clients have picked up their returns, your desk is tidy, and that you are out the door in time for happy hour!

Congrats on a job well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ™‚

REG: 75 DONE πŸ™‚
    AUD: 61, 71, 68, 92 DONE πŸ™‚
    BEC: 76 DONE πŸ™‚
    FAR: 72, 74, 79 DONE πŸ™‚
    Licensed Michigan CPA πŸ™‚
    -Some people dream of success...others wake up and work hard for it!!!
    -The cowards never start and the weak die along the way!
    -You better work, b***h!
    -Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.-JFK

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Tncincy
    Participant

I made it and I'm still sane. This has to be the longest extention filing I have ever done. I did not realize how many. People had not filed their taxes……not complaining about making money. Well I guess I'll get a good night's rest, because tomorrow it's extreme studying.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

MintsRGood
    Participant

Hell has no greater fury than 3/15 and 4/15!!! 9/15 and 10/15 are hectic but nothing comparable to the spring deadlines. As psycho as this sounds, I don't mind working Saturdays from 9-3ish! Sometimes I feel like I'm more productive on that day than the entire week combined. On Saturdays I don't schedule tax interviews, our admin staff doesn't come in, clients don't call, etc. so it's very quiet and conducive to good billable hours. Our firm does a wide variety of other services besides tax (compilations, reviews, profit sharing plan accounting, business valuations, projections, payroll tax returns, etc.) so we stay busy all year-round.

@Van this may be a good time if your firm is quiet to learn a new tax skill! How is your knowledge of Corporate taxation? How about estates and trusts? 5500s? About 4-5 years ago, I ran into the “dead time” you are referring to and I was only preparing 1040's and basic financials. I decided that I wanted to do just more than basic 1040's so I pulled a straightforward financial statement, the corresponding 1120S, and walked myself through how every number on the FS made it into the 1120S and how it was entered into our tax software. I know it sounds nuts but it was like puzzle to me! What it also did was make management and the at the time senior take notice that I was self motivated and wanted more challenging projects. If you are looking to move up and ahead, teach yourself a new skill!

-You better work, b***h!

MintsRGood
    Participant

Hell has no greater fury than 3/15 and 4/15!!! 9/15 and 10/15 are hectic but nothing comparable to the spring deadlines. As psycho as this sounds, I don't mind working Saturdays from 9-3ish! Sometimes I feel like I'm more productive on that day than the entire week combined. On Saturdays I don't schedule tax interviews, our admin staff doesn't come in, clients don't call, etc. so it's very quiet and conducive to good billable hours. Our firm does a wide variety of other services besides tax (compilations, reviews, profit sharing plan accounting, business valuations, projections, payroll tax returns, etc.) so we stay busy all year-round.

@Van this may be a good time if your firm is quiet to learn a new tax skill! How is your knowledge of Corporate taxation? How about estates and trusts? 5500s? About 4-5 years ago, I ran into the “dead time” you are referring to and I was only preparing 1040's and basic financials. I decided that I wanted to do just more than basic 1040's so I pulled a straightforward financial statement, the corresponding 1120S, and walked myself through how every number on the FS made it into the 1120S and how it was entered into our tax software. I know it sounds nuts but it was like puzzle to me! What it also did was make management and the at the time senior take notice that I was self motivated and wanted more challenging projects. If you are looking to move up and ahead, teach yourself a new skill!

-You better work, b***h!

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.