How do you wake up early?? How can I force myself to wake up 6:30 am everyday?? - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi guys,

Since I graduated there is no reason for me to wake up before 10 am, yes, I wake up at 10 am šŸ™ – I am such a lazy person and would rather stay on my king size bed instead of getting up..

I want to wake up earlier but can’t seem to be motivated. Can you share your ways to force yourself to wake up early??

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jyoung117
    Participant

If you don't have to get up for anything don't rush getting up, but dont Lay around, if you are awake get up

What I mean by that is, you don't have a set time to study, so you should make sure you sleep enough to be ready to study and not be tired. So instead of saying study from 8-12 say study 4 hours.

I took my first exam in AUG 2013, so glad they have access until you pass material updates

AUD - 56, 59, 65, 74, 62, 69, 70, 74, 70, 74, 81
    BEC - 74, 73, 75
    REG - 74, 74
    FAR - TBD

Ag12thman
    Participant

Like others have said, it's time to learn to get your tail outta bed, basically. When you get a job, you're going to have to, so why not get in the routine while treating your exam prep as your full-time job?

Smell the coffee. Jump in a cold shower. Splash some water on your face. Whatever it takes. Make sure you don't stay up until 2:00 am or you're going to fall asleep on the pages of your book and drool all over them.

FAR: July 2016

taxgeek83
    Participant

Any java nuts out there? Set your coffee pot to start brewing about 5-10 minutes before you want to be up. The smell has always been able to get me out of bed.

Now my bedroom window has a prime view of the rising sun. The glaring light is more than enough to wake me up at a reasonable (read: ridiculous) hour. šŸ™‚

Peterman25
    Participant

How about getting up just to exercise? Or exercise at night so that you go to sleep at a decent hour and wake up at a decent hour.

BEC 7/14 - PASS
    FAR 10/14 - PASS
    AUD 1/15 - PASS
    REG 4/15 - PASS

AZ license - Official 8/20/2015

Skynet
    Participant

I could tell you to stop drinking, but I will be labeled the CRAZY ONE around here and probably be Banned By Jeff and all A71 members : )

AUD - 90
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 84
    REG - 87
    World Domination Plan

Phase I : Pass CPA Exams - Complete
    Phase II : Megan Fox - In Progress
    Phase III : Megan Fox & Scarlett Johansson Lingerie Pillow Fight
    Phase IV : Form the new Charlie's Angels with Megan Fox, Scarlett Johansson, & Gal Gadot
    Phase V : TBD

BEC : 78
    REG : 87
    FAR : 84
    AUD : 90

World Domination Plan

Phase I : Pass CPA Exams - Complete
    Phase II : Megan Fox - Initiated
    Phase III : Bring back 8-Tracks
    Phase IV : Megan Fox & Scarlett Johansson Lingerie Pillow Fight
    Phase V : TBA

Tuffy11111
    Participant

why does it matter what time you wake up? As long as you're up and productive (read: studying your ass off), enjoy your final days of being able to sleep in. You won't get to do it again until you retire.

BEC - 83 7/25
    REG - 76 5/2/15
    AUD - Hopefully before MY Audit...7/5?
    FAR - 83 5/2/16

golfball7773
    Participant

I slept in until 8:11 today. It was great!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 86
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    AUD - 71, 73

BEC - 74, 86

REG - 77*

FAR - 57

*expired

(I have been trying to become a CPA since 2013). only one test down.......

FAR: 63, 55, 62
    REG: 65, 77*
    AUD: Fail, 64, 71
    BEC: 72, 74, 81

*expired

Mayo
    Participant

You'll get used to it eventually. Took me about 2 years to get there.

Mayo, BBA, Macc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do you have a WHY? You need a reason to wake up in the morning – a reason that will get you out of bed. For most people it's for work or get the kids ready for school or something so they literally have no choice. For many it's to wake up and study. I found that when there was one week left for me to take BEC – I woke up EARLY.

Next – are you getting enough sleep? During the week that I was waking up at 5am, I was literally getting around 7 to 8 hours of full sleep. I can't just force myself to wake up early after going to bed past midnight. I would come home, study, fall asleep if I was tired and usually that was around 9am, wake up and study again.

Motivational podcasts and youtube videos are helpful!! When I just feel REALLY lazy and I can't get myself up, I listen to a podcast or youtube video in the morning and it gets me up. They remind me WHY I need to wake up and get stuff done. We all have 24 hours in a day but what separates us is how we make use of the time.

This one gets me UP!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbkZrOU1Zag

Anonymous
    Inactive

I shower at 9pm , watch a little TV afterwards and get up and leave the house by 5am everyday to study before work at 8am. I would definitely consider myself a morning person though. I think more clearly and am more alert in the mornings than in the late evenings.

GotCPA
    Participant

Work will force you to wake up early. You can always sleep earlier around 10 30 to 11

Ineedsomesun

I have a hard time waking up too but since I have a job, it's a must. I use this mental trick, it works sometimes. So this is what usually happens when I wake up, I have a long conversation with myself. For example I say, oh I have another 15 minutes before I really need to get up. Then 15 minutes later, I say well I could skip breakfast Then 10 minutes later, I say I can take a quick shower, etc, etc. So after about 30-40 minutes of self-conversation, the inevitable happens, you have to get up or I'll be late for work. Anyway, the trick is to condense all the self conversation and get straight to the FEELING you get when you have to get up. It's an NLP technique. Like I said, it works some of the time. Haha

FAR - 78, FEB2014,
    REG - 82, MAY2014
    BEC - 79, JULY2014
    AUD - 68, 86, MAY2015 (ALL DONE!!!)

littlecpathatcould
    Participant

Get a dog, mine wake me up at 6:30 (or earlier) every morning. šŸ˜‰

It's a bit expensive, but aside from an alarm clock, they provide a lot of other benefits related to the CPA, like helping you destress from studying and keeping a positive attitude!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow- so many great responses! I read every response and I appreciate your input! It actually helped me; I woke up at 8 today šŸ™‚ It's an accomplishment.

golfball7773
    Participant

Now do that for a week and then slowly decrease your wakeup time to an earlier time – helps with the circadian rhythm.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 86
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    AUD - 71, 73

BEC - 74, 86

REG - 77*

FAR - 57

*expired

(I have been trying to become a CPA since 2013). only one test down.......

FAR: 63, 55, 62
    REG: 65, 77*
    AUD: Fail, 64, 71
    BEC: 72, 74, 81

*expired

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.